Can you serve God in a false religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:
WRONG.

You seemed to have missed the Scriptural point here so I will repeat:

We receive life BY the indwelling of the Holy Spirt - but we received it THROUGH the Church.

Now - this is the part where you need to pay attention . . .

The Bible tells us that the Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23)
It is the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15)
It has the Supreme Authority of Jesus Christ Himself (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, 20:21-23)
Jesus identifies his very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5)

You see, my prideful friend - you reject the Church - you reject Christ Himself.

This is the word of GOD - not my own opinions. This is how HE descrbes His Church.
I don't put the Church "above" Christ because HE is God and He equates the Church with his very SELF. In other words, it is impossible to put the Church above Christ because He and His Body are INSEPARABLE.

Hope that helps.
Wrong

You reject Christ in favour of a church that is in name only!

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Anybody can claim anything they want. You are just deceived into a grandiose pomposity that does nothing to change anything at all. The RC is like a lodge where guys dress funny and honour each other with latin sounding names! That's it!!!

Reactions: faithfulness

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Episkopos said:
Wrong

You reject Christ in favour of a church that is in name only!

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Anybody can claim anything they want. You are just deceived into a grandiose pomposity that does nothing to change anything at all. The RC is like a lodge where guys dress funny and honour each other with latin sounding names! That's it!!!
I can prove with Scripture and history that the Catholic Church is the Church established by Jesus Christ. Can you do the same with your sect?
Can you trace yourself back any further than the 16th century? Yeah - I didn't think so . . .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:
I can prove with Scripture and history that the Catholic Church is the Church established by Jesus Christ. Can you do the same with your sect?
Can you trace yourself back any further than the 16th century? Yeah - I didn't think so . . .

You can't even trace your family back! ;)

What does tracing a cult back have anything to do with Jesus?

The Jews claimed to be direct descendants of Abraham!!! And they were! So where did that get them?

You claim to sit in the ORIGINAL PEWS of very old buildings with steeples! Big deal That means nothing

Do you think you will be judged righteous by sitting in a certain pew for 45 minutes a week? You are far worse off than the Jews. You reject Christ for a building. At least they rejected Christ for a religion that was actually taken from the bible. But they were still wrong. You are doubly wrong. We are not justified by an affiliation with a building or religion. One must be found to be walking IN Christ to be blameless.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Episkopos said:
You can't even trace your family back! ;)

What does tracing a cult back have anything to do with Jesus?

The Jews claimed to be direct descendants of Abraham!!! And they were! So where did that get them?

You claim to sit in the ORIGINAL PEWS of very old buildings with steeples! Big deal That means nothing

Do you think you will be judged righteous by sitting in a certain pew for 45 minutes a week? You are far worse off than the Jews. You reject Christ for a building. At least they rejected Christ for a religion that was actually taken from the bible. But they were still wrong. You are doubly wrong. We are not justified by an affiliation with a building or religion. One must be found to be walking IN Christ to be blameless.
And the only way to walk IN Christ is to be IN His Body - His Church..

Tracing the Church back to Christ proves TWO things:
It proves that we are the ONLY Church established by Christ.
It also proves that by our very existence in the 21st century, Jesus' promise that even the gates of HELL wouldn't prevail against it (Matt. 16:18)stands as a testament that it is His Church.

Your sect or Lone Ranger approach cannot make those claims. No other sect can either.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:

It also proves that by our very existence in the 21st century, Jesus' promise that even the gates of HELL wouldn't prevail against it (Matt. 16:18)stands as a testament that it is His Church.

Your sect or Lone Ranger approach cannot make those claims. No other sect can either.

Neither can you!

You are in His body when you walk in Christ...not sit through a half hour sermon!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
domenic said:
Hahaha...The early Christians never had the FISH as a symbol...that was HOLLYWOOD. The fish head hat is of a false god. Did you learn about the Bible from Hollywood Movies,,,hahaha.
Don't be childish.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
ChurchAuthority said:

Baptist history may give the "Roman catholic church" a run for it's money - I speak as a man.

The TRUTH of the matter is that Christ was speaking of his 'bride' when he stated 'the gates of hell shall not prevail against it & not any denomination did he have in mind.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JB_ said:
Baptist history may give the "Roman catholic church" a run for it's money - I speak as a man.

The TRUTH of the matter is that Christ was speaking of his 'bride' when he stated 'the gates of hell shall not prevail against it & not any denomination did he have in mind.
Your version of the Truth may be that!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You see, my prideful friend - you reject the Church - you reject Christ Himself.
When you reject the truth you reject Christ because He is the truth, when you reject one whom He sent you reject Him because He is the one who sent Him, just like so many have rejected the Holy Spirit in doing so they have rejected Christ, because He is sent to all who are His. No man made church can trace its roots back to Christ, because Christ is building His Spiritual Church by revelation which comes form God and not from man, but all that is hidden will be revealed as it is being done right now.

A catholic is a catholic because they belong to the catholic church, just as a SDA is a SDA because they belong to the SDA church and so on and so forth, a Christian is one who belongs to Christ and God is a jealous God, Jesus is the good shepherd and His sheep belong only to Him not any man made denomination.

In all His Love

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mjrhealth said:
When you reject the truth you reject Christ because He is the truth, when you reject one whom He sent you reject Him because He is the one who sent Him, just like so many have rejected the Holy Spirit in doing so they have rejected Christ, because He is sent to all who are His. No man made church can trace its roots back to Christ, because Christ is building His Spiritual Church by revelation which comes form God and not from man, but all that is hidden will be revealed as it is being done right now.

A catholic is a catholic because they belong to the catholic church, just as a SDA is a SDA because they belong to the SDA church and so on and so forth, a Christian is one who belongs to Christ and God is a jealous God, Jesus is the good shepherd and His sheep belong only to Him not any man made denomination.

In all His Love

The Catholic Church is the one that Christ founded.

All the rest are man made denominations.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Episkopos said:
Neither can you!

You are in His body when you walk in Christ...not sit through a half hour sermon!
As I said before - you cannot truly walk in Christ unless you belong to the Body - which you don't.
Sorry pal, but thems the facts.

domenic said:
Talking to Catholics is a waste of time.
Thank you!
I remember a time when anti-Catholics used to LOVE talking to Catholics - as long as those Catholics were not very knowledgeable about their faith. Unfortunately for you guys here - you've run into a group of educated Catholics and it's very frustrating for you.

Too bad . . .

JB_ said:

I couldn't agree with you more - and the Catholic Church is not a denomination.

As Protestant historian Kenneth Samples of the Christian Research Institute (CRI) stated:
"Catholicism, on the other hand, is the largest body within Christendom, having almost a two‐thousand‐year history (it has historical continuity with apostolic, first century Christianity), and is the ecclesiastical tree from which Protestantism originally splintered."

Eminent Protestant historian, J.N.D. Kelley also agreed in his book, The Oxford Dictionary of Popes, where he listed the Catholic Popes and Church roots all the way back to Peter.

mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
The problem with that diatribe is that the SDA sect is only about 150 years old - and it stops there.
Th Catholic Church, on the other hand, goes ALL the way back to Jesus and the Apostles.

Look - there is simply no getting around the historical facts and Biblical truth that the Catholic Church is the ONE and ONLY Church established by our Lord Jesus Christ. It is the ecclesiastical Tree from which the rebellion of Protestantism splintered - and continues to splinter and divide to this very day.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear D,

Talking with Catholics is not a waste of time. The common denominator is whether or not a person listens to God and obeys them. People can do this in any denomination. The only thing is that their dominational doctrine often times limits how far they can obey the Holy Spirit.

A second point is that God does not necessarily want everyone to come out of every denomination because of the groups false doctrine. God is concerned with reaching His people and a lot of His people are in groups that are not quite correct. Sometimes, God leaves ministers in these groups to help those who are still caught up in them. If these people came out of the false doctrine they would no longer be effective where they are. A good example is mother Teresa. She was a Catholic until the day she died yet she accomplished a lot for the kingdom of God. If she would have reject Catholicism perhaps she would not have had as much effect on the nation of India.

Blessings,

Justin

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear D,

Talking with Catholics is not a waste of time. The common denominator is whether or not a person listens to God and obeys them. People can do this in any denomination. The only thing is that their dominational doctrine often times limits how far they can obey the Holy Spirit.

A second point is that God does not necessarily want everyone to come out of every denomination because of the groups false doctrine. God is concerned with reaching His people and a lot of His people are in groups that are not quite correct. Sometimes, God leaves ministers in these groups to help those who are still caught up in them. If these people came out of the false doctrine they would no longer be effective where they are. A good example is mother Teresa. She was a Catholic until the day she died yet she accomplished a lot for the kingdom of God. If she would have reject Catholicism perhaps she would not have had as much effect on the nation of India.

Blessings,

Justin
Mother Teresa was a Catholic because it is the Body of Christ. She knew this and chose to serve God in way He intended - as a member of the Church Christ established.

You can claim that the Catholic Church is a false religion all day long but you cannot prove it - Scriptutall OR historically.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChurchAuthority said:
Mother Teresa was a Catholic because it is the Body of Christ. She knew this and chose to serve God in way He intended - as a member of the Church Christ established.

You can claim that the Catholic Church is a false religion all day long but you cannot prove it - Scriptutall OR historically.
It has been proven over, and over, and you don't see it. Catholics follow their religion, they do not follow Gods written word. Your cult, is as bad as the Muslim cult. These two cults make the JW cult look like a little kid cult. I have shown the major false doctrines, and why they are false, and you still don't understand. The proof is right in your face, and you still don/t see it. I don't have a hate for Catholics, or any people in any religion...but yes, religions are false, and they are tools of Satan.
I will never turn my back to God, or his son Jesus.
Just do this...if your right, this will not hurt you. Test the cross. It was the sign of a false God. Roman army records prove the Romans never hug people on a cross. It was always an upright stake. The cross is the sign of a false God, and Satan hangs Jesus on it.
I'm 77. When I was a kid, even the catholic Bible said stake. There are books in the catholic Bible that were not in there when I was a kid. If your religion says do not test it...you are in a cult.

Mungo said:
The Catholic Church is the one that Christ founded.

All the rest are man made denominations.
That is not true. Jesus never started any religion. He said he is the way, and he holds the keys to life, and death. No man, or religion can give life, or death. I'm not trying to put people down.
I have posted false doctrines, and showed why they are false, and you still don't see them. Every religion thinks they are right, and the others are false...why do you think that is? Because others are saying something different.
The only way to test a religion, is to look for false doctrines. If there is one major false doctrine, the religion is not from God.
And yes there are good people who have done wonderful things in all religions...but that don't make the religion true. People who are anti-God have also done good wonderful things for others also...does that make the anti-God movement right?
Do you want me to list the things wrong, and show where in the Bible they are wrong? I'll take a whole day doing that, if you agree to get out of religion if the Bible proves religions are false...what do you say?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
domenic said:
It has been proven over, and over, and you don't see it. Catholics follow their religion, they do not follow Gods written word. Your cult, is as bad as the Muslim cult. These two cults make the JW cult look like a little kid cult. I have shown the major false doctrines, and why they are false, and you still don't understand.
No you haven't. You have just given your opinions.

I can't remember seeing one coherent argument from you backed up by any evidence.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:
No you haven't. You have just given your opinions.

I can't remember seeing one coherent argument from you backed up by any evidence.

That is circular reasoning since you only accept an argument that has been approved by the vatican. The bible doesn't phase you at all! You wipe your mouth and say...I have done nothing wrong!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Episkopos said:
That is circular reasoning since you only accept an argument that has been approved by the vatican. The bible doesn't phase you at all! You wipe your mouth and say...I have done nothing wrong!
Apart from the rather insulting way you put that, whether I accept an argument or not is seperate from whether an argument is coherent and backed up by evidence.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:
Apart from the rather insulting way you put that, whether I accept an argument or not is seperate from whether an argument is coherent and backed up by evidence.

What evidence? Christians have the bible. Whether people use it aright of course is another debate...but it is the only common link we have to the exact will of God.

These forums are based on the bible. But people come here with their side books....that pretend to properly interpret the word...but refuse any truth that comes against a stance they feel comfortable with!

This is just an immature way to play...it says nothing for the argument.

Let Catholics speak from the bible and build their case from there. To expect Christians to kiss the ring of a religious cleric at their behest shows the degree of indoctrination they have received.

Use a biblical way to approach any testimony...becoming all things to all men!!!! Then we can discuss!

Is this unreasonable?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Episkopos said:
What evidence? Christians have the bible. Whether people use it aright of course is another debate...but it is the only common link we have to the exact will of God.

These forums are based on the bible. But people come here with their side books....that pretend to properly interpret the word...but refuse any truth that comes against a stance they feel comfortable with!

This is just an immature way to play...it says nothing for the argument.

Let Catholics speak from the bible and build their case from there. To expect Christians to kiss the ring of a religious cleric at their behest shows the degree of indoctrination they have received.

Use a biblical way to approach any testimony...becoming all things to all men!!!! Then we can discuss!

Is this unreasonable?

I think that if you examine my posts you will find that I use the Bible far more than any other source. However we cannot rule out other sources of evidence.

My point though is not what evidence is provided but that some evidence is provided, and that evidence should back up a coherent argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.