Can't remember the original title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think about my mortal death all the time. Not in a morbid way, or chilling scary way. I do wish to die before it becomes too dangerous to open your door and go outside. But death, that word is so universally accepted as a full stop
I think about it too. Too much probably especially since I’ve turned 54. I also get your comment about …before it gets to where you are too afraid to go outside. If you don’t mind my asking…what do you hope for in asking death to come on already? Did I understand you correctly?

For me it is depressing except for God. I mean if this is all there is then that is truly depressing to me. So I think…more than fearing death, I fear God not being true. That to me would be worse than death itself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nancy

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
but you know how I am.
You're living your life as a follower, a sheep, just jumping on bandwagons hoping to find something. Here you're looking for Christianity to do the leg work for you. You inherently know it's not going to work.

You want, you need, but you're still wanting to be fed a bottle of milk like a toddler.

This is YOUR life. It's your existence. Don't let others lead it for you. Don't let others steer you like a horse with a bit in its mouth. Have the courage to live your own life. There are no rules. The only draw back is that other humans have long since worked out how to exploit everyone else using systems of psychological control or financial systems like the stock markets and banking. We are unfortunately born into a world and existence that is already totally controlled by despots. All you can do is find your own space with those constraints.

Allowing others to shackle you, frighten you with scare stories, cajole you into silly beliefs, is not the way. You will never be free this way.

Be yourself. Understand who and what you are.

TEMET NOSCE

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You're living your life as a follower, a sheep, just jumping on bandwagons hoping to find something. Here you're looking for Christianity to do the leg work for you. You inherently know it's not going to work.

You want, you need, but you're still wanting to be fed a bottle of milk like a toddler.

This is YOUR life. It's your existence. Don't let others lead it for you. Don't let others steer you like a horse with a bit in its mouth. Have the courage to live your own life. There are no rules. The only draw back is that other humans have long since worked out how to exploit everyone else using systems of psychological control or financial systems like the stock markets and banking. We are unfortunately born into a world and existence that is already totally controlled by despots. All you can do is find your own space with those constraints.

Allowing others to shackle you, frighten you with scare stories, cajole you into silly beliefs, is not the way. You will never be free this way.

Be yourself. Understand who and what you are.

TEMET NOSCE
WTF? (Fudge)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think about it too. Too much probably especially since I’ve turned 54. I also get your comment about …before it gets to where you are too afraid to go outside. If you don’t mind my asking…what do you hope for in asking death to come on already? Did I understand you correctly?

For me it is depressing except for God. I mean if this is all there is then that is truly depressing to me. So I think…more than fearing death, I fear God not being true. That to me would be worse than death itself.
If God is not true then neither is salvation or possible punishment, so that's better I'd think.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is not true then neither is salvation or possible punishment, so that's better I'd think.
I misunderstood then. What I thought you were saying you fear in your opening is: death being final and absolute. No salvation. And also no punishment. Nothing more.

My mom is 92. She believes you die, they bury you or in her case she wants to be cremated because she fears being buried in a hole. And that’s it. Absolute nothingness.

I thought, or misread I think, that what you fear is the absolute nothingness of dead.

Reactions: Nancy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I misunderstood then. What I thought you were saying you fear in your opening is: death being final and absolute. No salvation. And also no punishment. Nothing more.

My mom is 92. She believes you die, they bury you or in her case she wants to be cremated because she fears being buried in a hole. And that’s it. Absolute nothingness.

I thought, or misread I think, that what you fear is the absolute nothingness of dead.
Everything dies, even light (Black holes destroy light) Without universal entropy it would eventually get crowded.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hell. Hades / Sheol; the grave; the abode of the dead. We’ll both be there, unconsciously asleep in the dust of the earth, when we die.

Resurrection. Bodily raised from the dust of the earth and consciously restored to life. Me: at the return of Jesus, to the life of the age to come; endless life. You: one thousand years later; temporarily, to appear before the judge.

Judgement. You’re on your own. Jesus has been appointed by the one true God, his God / his Father, to review your life and decide your fate.

Hell. Gehenna; the lake of fire; the place of destruction. Permanent end of life / existence; the second death, from which there is no recovery. No one who belongs to Jesus will be there.

So. How serious are you?
So Jesus is not everywhere?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
WTF? (Fudge)

Wasn't meant to be any kind of insult. Just a gentle prod that you hang around here looking for others to "feed you" but all you're going to get is the same indoctrination they got and which enslaved their minds. So what I'm saying is take charge of your life, don't look to others to lay out a pathway because those pathways are false. Find your own way. Whatever has happened to you in this life, and I sense much has happened, move on from it, be yourself, challenge everything, learn all you can, search in all directions.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think you know why I ask. You are not so unintelligent that a omnipresent creator can not be not everywhere (Hell included)
Wait! There is one way. If you are completely uncreated, body and spirit.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Everything dies, even light (Black holes destroy light) Without universal entropy it would eventually get crowded.

Is this true? You seem to be switched on scientifically which is great. You must therefore know the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed

Consequently we must ask ourselves what we really mean by "death" and "dying".

I think I've explained the metaphor of the Lego set before. You build a castle with the pieces, then a week later change your mind, dismantle it and build a rocketship with the same pieces.

Did the castle "die"?

I'd say no it didn't because it was just a form. The true nature of the pieces remain. The universal building blocks remain. They are now just another form.

So with black holes and light the same must hold true. The power of the black hole is enough to convert the energy that is light into something else, whatever that is.

And so too with ourselves. Our human form will be dismantled and our universal building blocks will be assembled into something else. And doubtless this has already been going on for millions of years. You were born in a star, likely as hydrogen and helium and change upon change has made you arrive here on this planet in this form.

Wicked people use psychological scaremongering to enslave others. To frighten them witless just as our mainstream media these past 3 years has been weaponised by governments to frighten people witless about a virus that is nowhere near as deadly as they make out.
It's a cruel thing to do to vulnerable people and we should wholeheartedly see the lies for what they are and reject that psychological attack.

Thus your predicament. Your OP.

I.O.U said:
I do wish to die before it becomes too dangerous to open your door and go outside. But death, that word is so universally accepted as a full stop

Actually wishing to end one's current human form isn't remotely strange nor should it be looked down on imo. It's a sign of maturity I think when people seriously contemplate "dying". I don't believe the life we have here is how things are supposed to be. I think we are supposed to be free and to live in bodies that do not age, get sick and perish. We are supposed to live free and happy and simply enjoy it all, enjoy each other's company in perfect bliss. It's the situation metaphorically described in Genesis as the Garden Of Eden.

However someone changed that situation. In Eden the humans had access to the special "food" that provides the levels of energy the human body needs to sustain itself, heal itself and never age. As someone versed in science you already know that the human body automatically regenerates EVERY CELL in the body every 5-10 years. Hence nothing in your body is older than this. We're not really conscious of it happening though of course we see our hair and nails and skin constantly replenished.

Why doesn't the body replenish all its cells faster than 5-10 years?

Because it's not getting the fuel it needs to do its job. Its not getting the life energy (the true fuel) that it requires.

So we're like Duracell batteries that were once plugged into a mains charger (when we were in the womb) and then got unplugged and now all we have is the store of energy we started out with and which is depleting all the time. Hence we get sick, the body struggles where to allocate the precious remaining energy. It has to prioritise the life support systems over lesser injuries and so on. But it is fighting a losing battle and our bodies are subjected to so many poisons and pollution and radiation that they're working overtime to rid themselves of all those things and expending precious life energy doing it.

We do get a little more life energy from the sun and from the air we breathe and a little in some of the foods we eat but over all we are actually starving because the real "food" humans need has been taken from us long ago and the secret for how to make or grow that food has been taken too and is now jealously guarded by secret societies and groups who don't want humanity to have it.

If we are going to restore Eden then we are going to have to tackle those groups or glean the secret for how to make this "food" ourselves from the plethora of works of sages and philosophers and other works like the Bible and Quran and Bhagavad Gita where these secrets are hidden in allegorical and cryptic text only understandable by those with the "eyes to see" and "ears to hear" that Jesus spoke of.

The likelihood is that billions of people will never come to that knowledge and so will perish (their human form) and will be recycled into the next form. It's largely up to us. The answers are out there, all we have to do is seek and we will find. What will definitely stunt our progress however and send us on completely the wrong path is allowing ourselves to be hoodwinked by religious indoctrination and the very kind of people that took this special "food" from us in the first place.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think about my mortal death all the time. Not in a morbid way, or chilling scary way. I do wish to die before it becomes too dangerous to open your door and go outside. But death, that word is so universally accepted as a full stop
Death is an end, that you can't ignore - you need to ignore it, but you can't (ignore it).

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Death is an end, that you can't ignore - you need to ignore it, but you can't (ignore it).

Death is a change not an end.

Furthermore there is no end without a beginning, and no beginning without an end.

Hence the psychological scaremongering frequently used to cajole vulnerable people into religious indoctrination is bunkum.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think you know why I ask. You are not so unintelligent that a omnipresent creator can not be not everywhere (Hell included)

The omnipresent creator is the God and Father of Jesus.

Does it matter to you? If it does, why?

Reactions: APAK

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Is this true? You seem to be switched on scientifically which is great. You must therefore know the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.

I think I've explained the metaphor of the Lego set before. You build a castle with the pieces, then a week later change your mind, dismantle it and build a rocketship with the same pieces.

Did the castle "die"?

I'd say no it didn't because it was just a form. The true nature of the pieces remain. The universal building blocks remain. They are now just another form.

So with black holes and light the same must hold true. The power of the black hole is enough to convert the energy that is light into something else, whatever that is.

And so too with ourselves. Our human form will be dismantled and our universal building blocks will be assembled into something else. And doubtless this has already been going on for millions of years. You were born in a star, likely as hydrogen and helium and change upon change has made you arrive here on this planet in this form.

Wicked people use psychological scaremongering to enslave others. To frighten them witless just as our mainstream media these past 3 years has been weaponised by governments to frighten people witless about a virus that is nowhere near as deadly as they make out.
It's a cruel thing to do to vulnerable people and we should wholeheartedly see the lies for what they are and reject that psychological attack.

Actually wishing to end one's current human form isn't remotely strange nor should it be looked down on imo. It's a sign of maturity I think when people seriously contemplate "dying". I don't believe the life we have here is how things are supposed to be. I think we are supposed to be free and to live in bodies that do not age, get sick and perish. We are supposed to live free and happy and simply enjoy it all, enjoy each other's company in perfect bliss. It's the situation metaphorically described in Genesis as the Garden Of Eden.

However someone changed that situation. In Eden the humans had access to the special "food" that provides the levels of energy the human body needs to sustain itself, heal itself and never age. As someone versed in science you already know that the human body automatically regenerates EVERY CELL in the body every 5-10 years. Hence nothing in your body is older than this. We're not really conscious of it happening though of course we see our hair and nails and skin constantly replenished.

Because it's not getting the fuel it needs to do its job. Its not getting the life energy (the true fuel) that it requires.

So we're like Duracell batteries that were once plugged into a mains charger (when we were in the womb) and then got unplugged and now all we have is the store of energy we started out with and which is depleting all the time. Hence we get sick, the body struggles where to allocate the precious remaining energy. It has to prioritise the life support systems over lesser injuries and so on. But it is fighting a losing battle and our bodies are subjected to so many poisons and pollution and radiation that they're working overtime to rid themselves of all those things and expending precious life energy doing it.

We do get a little more life energy from the sun and from the air we breathe and a little in some of the foods we eat but over all we are actually starving because the real "food" humans need has been taken from us long ago and the secret for how to make or grow that food has been taken too and is now jealously guarded by secret societies and groups who don't want humanity to have it.

If we are going to restore Eden then we are going to have to tackle those groups or glean the secret for how to make this "food" ourselves from the plethora of works of sages and philosophers and other works like the Bible and Quran and Bhagavad Gita where these secrets are hidden in allegorical and cryptic text only understandable by those with the "eyes to see" and "ears to hear" that Jesus spoke of.

The likelihood is that billions of people will never come to that knowledge and so will perish (their human form) and will be recycled into the next form. It's largely up to us. The answers are out there, all we have to do is seek and we will find. What will definitely stunt our progress however and send us on completely the wrong path is allowing ourselves to be hoodwinked by religious indoctrination and the very kind of people that took this special "food" from us in the first place.

Did the castle "die"?

I can't verify that light suffers mortal death as it travels into a black hole (Not that anyone would be able to go inside a black hole for scientific readings) But it's safe to say that whatever gets sucked into a black hole is not going to remain what it used to be.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I can't verify that light suffers mortal death as it travels into a black hole (Not that anyone would be able to go inside a black hole for scientific readings) But it's safe to say that whatever gets sucked into a black hole is not going to remain what it used to be.

I agree. We both know that it will be changed into something else.

Our concern therefore is whether any given change results in a better form and existence or a worse form and existence. This we don't know. What should be clear to us both however is that a change of some sort will occur, because of the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.
So from the outset we know that we cannot "die" as such, we can only change, so the church is outright lying to us all and trying to use scaremongering as a way to gain converts and followers. The Modus Operandi of all nefarious groups.

Should we then fear the change that is coming? Is there some order to life, some progressive journey which we go through from one form to the next? We have no capacity to remember our previous forms in this current human form, but we surely had previous forms. We must have because of the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.

Without that memory however we are left wondering. Is this human form the best we've had so far? Placing us above the animals? Or will the next iteration be infinitely better. Perhaps one where we have no physical body, are not encumbered and can travel at the speed of thought. Or is there a risk we will go back to the bottom of the food chain? Seems unlikely given our makeup is governed by our DNA programming.

Either way no need to fear the change. You likely won't remember any of this when you change to the next form.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I agree. We both know that it will be changed into something else.

Our concern therefore is whether any given change results in a better form and existence or a worse form and existence. This we don't know. What should be clear to us both however is that a change of some sort will occur, because of the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.
So from the outset we know that we cannot "die" as such, we can only change, so the church is outright lying to us all and trying to use scaremongering as a way to gain converts and followers. The Modus Operandi of all nefarious groups.

Should we then fear the change that is coming? Is there some order to life, some progressive journey which we go through from one form to the next? We have no capacity to remember our previous forms in this current human form, but we surely had previous forms. We must have because of the Law Of Conservation Of Energy.

Without that memory however we are left wondering. Is this human form the best we've had so far? Placing us above the animals? Or will the next iteration be infinitely better. Perhaps one where we have no physical body, are not encumbered and can travel at the speed of thought. Or is there a risk we will go back to the bottom of the food chain? Seems unlikely given our makeup is governed by our DNA programming.

Either way no need to fear the change. You likely won't remember any of this when you change to the next form.
Honestly I do not know what is beyond this mortal existence, other than say I'll either know then or I'll know nothing then (Because I'll be dead and non-existing) I have plenty of guesses and assumptions, but no evidence. Sorry, but I just don't know.