Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lie?

Where is John 3 did Jesus tell nicodemus to be baptized??
Oh goodness....STOP cherry picking Scripture and read ALL of it. Stop listening to your men that what is written in John 3 only stays in John 3 and there is no connection to the rest of the NT.......That makes no sense.

Jesus was baptized, with water, and the Spirit came down upon Him. RIGHT AFTER THAT he said to Nicodemus one must be born of WATER and SPIRIT. RIGHT AFTER THAT he and his apostles went out and baptized WITH WATER and they taught that one receives THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT when they are baptized WITH WATER!!

Since @Jim B likes your post, you and Jim can chat about this.....I can't take your cherry picking of Scripture suggesting that Jesus is not a good teacher after he SHOWED and TOLD YOU how to be born again! Discuss it with Jim, not me.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you are are a bearer of false witness! I have never stated any such comment.
QUOTE FROM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL: I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also.

I look forward to your apology!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE FROM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL: I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also.

Apology?

Here is your question..

Are you going to at least TRY and answer my question? Or at least tell me you are refusing to answer:

Who do you call to fulfill James 5:14 EG? I have someone to call. Do you?

James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord

You asked who I called when people were sick

You did not ask who I went to to interpret the word for me (a claim you keep insisting I have made. which is false)

You did like you always do. You twist what others say to support your own belief system or your own lie.

Your the one who needs to apologize maam

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness....STOP cherry picking Scripture and read ALL of it. Stop listening to your men that what is written in John 3 only stays in John 3 and there is no connection to the rest of the NT.......That makes no sense.

Jesus was baptized, with water, and the Spirit came down upon Him. RIGHT AFTER THAT he said to Nicodemus one must be born of WATER and SPIRIT. RIGHT AFTER THAT he and his apostles went out and baptized WITH WATER and they taught that one receives THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT when they are baptized WITH WATER!!

Since @Jim B likes your post, you and Jim can chat about this.....I can't take your cherry picking of Scripture suggesting that Jesus is not a good teacher after he SHOWED and TOLD YOU how to be born again! Discuss it with Jim, not me.
Cherry picking?
I am not cherry picking anything

You claim water means baptism, And jesus said one must be baptized to be born again.

I am just demanding you to back up your words. and respond WHY when jesus said HOW to be born again, He refused to say believe and be baptized

Why, if it was so important, did he leave it out?

Your not going to convince me or anyone else your right without being able to show Jesus in his own words. tell Nicodemus how one is born spiritually by belief and baptism. and why Jesus did not let him know. if one believes, but is not baptized,. he remains condemned.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cherry picking?
I am not cherry picking anything

You claim water means baptism, And jesus said one must be baptized to be born again.

I am just demanding you to back up your words. and respond WHY when jesus said HOW to be born again, He refused to say believe and be baptized

Why, if it was so important, did he leave it out?

Your not going to convince me or anyone else your right without being able to show Jesus in his own words. tell Nicodemus how one is born spiritually by belief and baptism. and why Jesus did not let him know. if one believes, but is not baptized,. he remains condemned.
No EG, I don't claim that. Christianity has claimed that for 2,000 years of which I have already shown you......

Yup, cherry picking. When YOU read the word "water" in "water and Spirit" and cherry pick it to mean "believe", which is mentioned several verses later in a different context, and leave out that Jesus was JUST BAPTIZED with WATER and the SPIRIT came upon him and the Apostles taught when you are baptized with WATER you receive the gift of the SPIRIT that is cherry picking! That is NOT looking at CONTEXT!!

You say that Jesus didn't use the word baptism in vs 5 so he couldn't have meant baptism. Sooooooo Jesus didn't use the word water in vs's 15-18 when he could have!! Doesn't the same hold true? Since he didn't use the word water that means 'believe' does not mean water. If was so important to equate the two, why did he leave it out???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....I know I am not going to convince you. But MOST every other Christian is convinced and most Christian churches teach that the water in John 3:5 equates to BAPTISM. Your heretical teaching is in the minority....You do realize that, don't you??? o_O

Yup, one must believe BEFORE they are baptized. Logically one would NOT be baptized into the Spirit WITH WATER if they didn't believe FIRST....soooo whats' your point?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apology?

Here is your question..

James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord

You asked who I called when people were sick

You did not ask who I went to to interpret the word for me (a claim you keep insisting I have made. which is false)

You did like you always do. You twist what others say to support your own belief system or your own lie.

Your the one who needs to apologize maam
Oh goodness EG.....I asked you who you are going to call when someone among you is sick. Your answer to THAT question is "I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also."

SOOOOOOOO....what you are saying is....... you call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word when someone among you is sick!!! Is that what you are saying?? Did I get it right EG?? If so, that means you are making two statements in one. You have people that you know who can properly interpret Scripture AND you call them when someone among you is sick!!! So what I said still holds true: You have people (men) to interpret Scripture for you!!! BUT YET YOU MOCK ME FOR SAYING I HAVE MEN WHO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE FOR ME???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Stop playing games with me EG!! I know you are backtracking and trying to save face but an apology is due here.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No EG, I don't claim that.
You follow what your men say don’t you?

Christianity has claimed that for 2,000 years of which I have already shown you......
You showed me what the men of your church think, Not what the Bible says.
Yup, cherry picking. When YOU read the word "water" in "water and Spirit" and cherry pick it to mean "believe", which is mentioned several verses later in a different context, and leave out that Jesus was JUST BAPTIZED with WATER and the SPIRIT came upon him and the Apostles taught when you are baptized with WATER you receive the gift of the SPIRIT that is cherry picking! That is NOT looking at CONTEXT!!

You say that Jesus didn't use the word baptism in vs 5 so he couldn't have meant baptism. Sooooooo Jesus didn't use the word water in vs's 15-18 when he could have!! Doesn't the same hold true? Since he didn't use the word water that means 'believe' does not mean water. If was so important to equate the two, why did he leave it out???
Nope.

You got water stuck on your brain

Water can mean spirit (rivers of living water, but this he spoke of the spirit)

Water can mean the word (washing of water by the word)

Water could mean physical birth (That which is born of flesh is flesh)

And water can mean baptism.

According to you. We MUST interpret it as baptism Yet Jesus flatly did not use the word baptism. Yet you can not explain what jesus said, and why. You just want me to look at other passages. With other contexts. And not look at the passage itself because the passage itself does not support your theory.

Jesus said he who believes is not condemned, No baptism mentioned

He said whoever does not believe is condemned already. Again no mention of baptism

Now I believe nicodemus is much smarter than us. And even he could see Jesus did NOT have baptism on his mind. So some church tries to add baptism to Jesus words. Well that is a church we should not listen to.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....I know I am not going to convince you. But MOST every other Christian is convinced and most Christian churches teach that the water in John 3:5 equates to BAPTISM. Your heretical teaching is in the minority....You do realize that, don't you??? o_O

Yup, one must believe BEFORE they are baptized. Logically one would NOT be baptized into the Spirit WITH WATER if they didn't believe FIRST....soooo whats' your point?

Most every? Nah.. Your wrong on this too my friend. You need to get out in the world.

Water baptismal regeneration is ony taught by a few churches.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness EG.....I asked you who you are going to call when someone among you is sick. Your answer to THAT question is "I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also."

My goodness.

You ask me who I would call. And then I answer you

Then you claim I LISTEN TO MEN.

Nothing in the words i gave said I LISTEN TO MEN, I just stated a fact, that they interpret the words correctly

SOOOOOOOO....what you are saying is....... you call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word when someone among you is sick!!! Is that what you are saying?? Did I get it right EG?? If so, that means you are making two statements in one. You have people that you know who can properly interpret Scripture AND you call them when someone among you is sick!!! So what I said still holds true: You have people (men) to interpret Scripture for you!!! BUT YET YOU MOCK ME FOR SAYING I HAVE MEN WHO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE FOR ME???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Stop playing games with me EG!! I know you are backtracking and trying to save face but an apology is due here.

Saying I believe they interpret the word correct is NOT SAYING I listen to them.

You are twisting my words. And as usual. Are caught backed into a corner. And you have no response. So you come out swinging

Keep swinging away my friend. It just hurts your own reputation. Not mine

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness.

You ask me who I would call. And then I answer you

Then you claim I LISTEN TO MEN.

Nothing in the words i gave said I LISTEN TO MEN, I just stated a fact, that they interpret the words correctly
""I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also."

Are you saying that the "people" you call are not "men"? That means they must be women! Is that the word game you are playing with me?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying I believe they interpret the word correct is NOT SAYING I listen to them.

You are twisting my words. And as usual. Are caught backed into a corner. And you have no response. So you come out swinging

Keep swinging away my friend. It just hurts your own reputation. Not mine
If your "people" are interpreting the word correctly then why WOULDN'T you listen to them.....That makes no sense.

You are saying they interpret the word correctly....but you don't listen to them...even though they are correctly interpreting the word. That makes NO sense...

My reputation is fully intact. I am willing to bet your feet are hurting from all this back peddling!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most every? Nah.. Your wrong on this too my friend. You need to get out in the world.

Water baptismal regeneration is ony taught by a few churches.
Oh goodness....I can't take you seriously anymore if you really believe that...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also."

Are you saying that the "people" you call are not "men"? That means they must be women! Is that the word game you are playing with me?
You are unbelievable

But hey, I will humbly bow out. You have proven to me your church is not the truth church, Heck you interpret what I say like you interpret the word of God

You made an accusation I listen to men, because when you asked who I call when someone is ill. I said my elders. Or church leaders. who ALSO interpret the word correctly.

Somehow you twist that into saying I blindly follow them. When that was nt even in the discussion

God day maam, You are now on ignore.

I will pray for you.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are unbelievable

But hey, I will humbly bow out. You have proven to me your church is not the truth church, Heck you interpret what I say like you interpret the word of God

You made an accusation I listen to men, because when you asked who I call when someone is ill. I said my elders. Or church leaders. who ALSO interpret the word correctly.

Somehow you twist that into saying I blindly follow them. When that was nt even in the discussion

I will pray for you.
Thank you for your prayers.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are unbelievable

I will pray for you.
I got it now EG. Since you have that disqualifier at the end of your sentence, that your elders can ALSO correctly interpret the word, that means that you don't just blindly follow them. You follow them when YOU decide if they have correctly interpreted the word. You don't follow them when YOU have decided that they didn't correctly interpret the word. You believe that they can ALSO correctly interpret but your interpretation trumps their interpretation. :rolleyes:

Sooooooo you don't believe you should obey your leaders and submit to them when YOU have determined they are wrong (Hebrews 13:17) and you don't believe that your elders are to keep watch over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made them overseers to shepherd the church of God (Acts 20:28) but you do call your elders when someone is sick. You believe parts of the bible but not all of the bible.......

I got it now......Thank you for your prayers.

Ignored Mary

Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Marymog,

I have my perspective. I think you'll like this. Although it uses blunt and harsh terms, but always respectful. No bashing of the Blessed Mary for sure.
This post is an eye opener; please don't just skim it. It is loaded with strong biblical references: Catholic Church and View on Mary
Then I'm sure you'll also really like these 2 posts; you may even chuckle on one of them: We Are Christians and This Is How We Should Pray.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Marymog,

I have my perspective. I think you'll like this. Although it uses blunt and harsh terms, but always respectful. No bashing of the Blessed Mary for sure.
This post is an eye opener; please don't just skim it. It is loaded with strong biblical references: Catholic Church and View on Mary
Then I'm sure you'll also really like these 2 posts; you may even chuckle on one of them: We Are Christians and This Is How We Should Pray.
No CB, I did not like YOUR website that you use to promote YOURSELF and what YOU believe. It is the usual Catholic bashing that I have seen hundreds of times before and there are hundreds if not thousands of websites like yours. I do appreciate that you have no advertisements and did not ask for money.....

What concerns me the most is you have convinced yourself that "God has given YOU spiritual wisdom over these years and revealed to YOU many truths". If your self-righteous theory was true then why is YOUR "truth" different than other men's "truth" that have also allegedly received spiritual wisdom over the years? Was God lying to YOU or them? Or are all of you lying to yourselves?

You said that you "have been studying the Bible diligently for over 30 years" and that you have "gone through the entire Bible at least 60 times." I guess that makes you an expert??? But I digress.....What If I find someone that has been studying the bible for over 40 years and they have gone thru the bible at least 80 times....Should I trust their interpretation over yours since they have done more "bible study" than you have?

The funniest part of your heretical website
was when you wrote that people who are from "mostly denominational brain-washing and indoctrinating-related" backgrounds won't like the content of your website. Further saying that "all my contents are true Biblical truths, uninfluenced by any denominations. And only genuine believers, truly seeking God, will see them clearly." So, please, do tell me:
What if a person has brainwashed and indoctrinated themselves into thinking just like you. They have convinced themselves, like you have convinced yourself, that they are a "genuine believer" who is "truly seeking God"! BUT.....they don't see things the way you see them and they tell you that YOU are not seeing things "clearly". What would you tell that person? :rolleyes:

Keeping it real....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Marymog,

And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Mother of the Lord means Mother of God, right? Isn’t Jesus our Lord and God? That makes Mary the Mother of God!