Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Catholic issues
Yeah, it's tough when you need to choose between a limousine and a pope-mobile.

Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog said:
No CB, I did not like YOUR website that you use to promote YOURSELF and what YOU believe. It is the usual Catholic bashing that I have seen hundreds of times before and there are hundreds if not thousands of websites like yours. I do appreciate that you have no advertisements and did not ask for money.....
What concerns me the most is you have convinced yourself that "God has given YOU spiritual wisdom over these years and revealed to YOU many truths". If your self-righteous theory was true then why is YOUR "truth" different than other men's "truth" that have also allegedly received spiritual wisdom over the years? Was God lying to YOU or them? Or are all of you lying to yourselves?

Hello @Marymog
Sorry just now getting back to you on this. I accept the criticism. It helps me see other perspectives.
The difference between me and others, is that I use biblical references with everything I say on that website. It's not me saying, it's the Bible. Solid supporting biblical references are either embedded in the text, or at the end of the page. Everything I say on that website, everything! is backed by Bible references shown right there.

Now if we disagree on the Bible verses interpretation, then I accept that. We're all humans. But I provide so many references, that would raise the curiosity of anyone. Should make anyone want to check further for themselves. It's our eternity status we're talking about!

I told the truth about growing up as a Catholic, and went to Catholic churches and schools. All of my relatives are very strict Catholic. I noticed they tend to go by the church books and teachings first, then the Bible second or even further down on the list. So for that reason we may never see eye to eye.

I did not provide any info about myself, here or on my website. No one knows who the owner of that website is. Even the few friends I forwarded the link to, I said look what I found, an interesting site... I seek no credit or praises for myself. I found crucial Bible references that uncover deficiencies not only in the Catholic church but also in all the other churches. And I do a similar harsh exposing job on the other churches in my site.

Yes you are right. Who got the right answers? They all say they studied the Bible and received wisdom... I'd say keep in mind this; only a few people will find the narrow gate:
Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

Hello @Marymog
Sorry just now getting back to you on this. I accept the criticism. It helps me see other perspectives.
The difference between me and others, is that I use biblical references with everything I say on that website. It's not me saying, it's the Bible. Solid supporting biblical references are either embedded in the text, or at the end of the page. Everything I say on that website, everything! is backed by Bible references shown right there.....Now if we disagree on the Bible verses interpretation, then I accept that. We're all humans. But I provide so many references, that would raise the curiosity of anyone. Should make anyone want to check further for themselves. It's our eternity status we're talking about!...I found crucial Bible references that uncover deficiencies not only in the Catholic church but also in all the other churches. And I do a similar harsh exposing job on the other churches in my site.

Yes you are right. Who got the right answers? They all say they studied the Bible and received wisdom... I'd say keep in mind this; only a few people will find the narrow gate:
Hi CB,

No need to apologize, but I appreciate it.

Well, not that I know that there is a difference between you and Clement of Rome and Polycarp, who were students of the Apostles, I will defer to what you write which is backed up by bible references. I no longer trust what Irenaeus, Justin Martyr, Augustine, John Chrysostom, Jerome, Eusebius OR N.T Wright wrote. They were unable to "uncover deficiencies" that you saw thru your studies of Scripture. They failed to "use biblical references with everything" they wrote. I am glad you are using your website to expose how everyone else is wrong and you are right. There is no reason for me to "check further". My eternity is based on your interpretation....of which I can find on your website. YOU have entered the narrow gate and are looking back at the rest of us TRYING so desperately to get thru it.

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

I told the truth about growing up as a Catholic, and went to Catholic churches and schools. All of my relatives are very strict Catholic. I noticed they tend to go by the church books and teachings first, then the Bible second or even further down on the list. So for that reason we may never see eye to eye.
Hey CB,

I trust that you are telling the truth about growing up as Catholic.

Those "church books" and the "teachings" that your Catholic relatives read from and adhere to are no different than what you are doing. Your "church book" is your website. Your teachings are what you have taught yourself via your study and interpretation of Scripture. You are no different than your Catholic relatives. You just have different books/teachers. You have your book (website). You have your teacher (you). YOU rely on YOU. They rely on the pillar and foundation of truth; The Church.

Mary