Catholics: Please pray the rosary for the United States of America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
brakelite said:
When I meet with a friend, whether on the street, in our home, or on the phone or even on the internet, I would not insult him by pulling out a set of beads and reciting a screed of irrelevant words and claim later that I was talking about something completely different. God is no different. As my Father He doesn't want to hear a string of repetitive irrelevant phrases that bear no reflection whatsoever to what is actually going on in my heart. If I truly cared about America to the extent that I would seek God's miraculous intervention in her daily life and destiny, I would say precisely that. I would pour out my heart in words that truly reflect exactly how I felt, thought, and desired and hoped for changes....first in me, then my family, then my neighbors, then in the country. But it starts with me.
One well known commentator was asked once "what is wrong with the world?". His reply..."I am." And it starts with frank, open, honest, and most of all real and relevant.
the rosary brought me closer to Jesus

B

brakelite

ScaliaFan said:
the rosary brought me closer to Jesus
Close enough you think? How would you feel if a friend of yours refused to speak what he was truly thinking about, but whenever he met you he would talk about nothing but the weather. You love the guy, and want to draw him out of his self made hide bound shell, but he always goes away thinking, scaliafan loves me and every time I talk to him I feel he wants me closer.....think about it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ScaliaFan said:
that is NOT true. It is a focus on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. I never realy knew Jesus.. and no one ever knows anyone until s/he has walked a mile in that person's shoes. . never knew Jesus to speak of until i prayed the rosary

. As u know poor people do not relate to rich people and vice versa. It is the same with those who know Christ and those who don't. And i repeat: I never REALLY knew Him until i began praying the rosary (and then made my way back to the Church)

i believe people reject the RCC b/c of personal reasons: didn't like a priest... rude parishioners who don't really walk the walk and that kind of thing.. or maybe they wanted a marriage annulled so they could marry someone else and the Church (rightly) s aid No.. it is RARELY a doctrinal problem

in any case, like i said, i began to get deeply into a relationship with Jesus through the rosary. The Catholic Church teaches we are saved by Jesus, not Mary, but there are millions of false notions out there about the Catholic Church.. nothing is more lied about than Christ's Church.. which stands to reason . He forewarned we would be hated and persecuted
Three "Hail Mary's" and three "our Fathers" will bring us closer to Jesus? I think that the rejection [if you will] of the RCC comes from compromise. The Church reminds me very much of the Judaic belief system. Both had the ability of controlling the people and none of them led the sinner to Christ. JM :9qcrib:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
50 Hail marys, how many our fathers, gets you closer to Who? Its a bit like, I asked dad, he said no, so ill ask mum. Whats it say,

Rev_19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Has any one ever asked mary what it is like to be glorified more than her son, do you really think she would be happy.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
are u Catholic?

the rosary (again) made me a practicing (not so hypocritical, etc..) Christian. It virtually caused my life to do a 180.. Now, true, there were problems associated w/ my praying the rosary, but that (in hindsight) was b/c there were problematic PEOPLE in my life and my life was an utteer chaotic mess @ the time i picked up the rosary and began to pray it. I even had moments when i was so angry @ God for all that was happening that i wondered myself if the rosayr was a good thing, shook my clenched fist @ God and the whole scenario

But you know, i have noticed that the more i pray the rosary, the more i go to Mass (helps if it is a good priest there..), the bette my life is, the less damage the demons around me seem capable of doing..

I can't even understand how a nonCatholic stays with Jesus... and as u know, many do not.. b/c they dont have the help of such things as the rosary and the Holy Mass

Jesus did not "build" (mt 16:18) his Church the way he did for no reason

He knew how frail, how needy, how utterly sinful and selfish and etc... etc.. we humans are
I am ecstatic that the rosary helped you to become a more practicing and less hypocritical Christian.

Unlike some on this forum you will not see me criticize you for increasing your faith in our Lord OR how you came about doing it. Whether you said 50 Hail Mary's or 50 Our Fathers or you just said a simple prayer 50 times that you made up on your own; as long as it brought you closer to Jesus. However, you shouldn't be critical of others on this forum that are non-Catholic as if they are not going to heaven just because they are not Catholic. Grant it some will treat you like you are not going to heaven because you ARE Catholic but as you know the RCC does not teach that non-Catholics will not gain eternal salvation.

God thought that Mary was glorious (other wise he wouldn't have picked her) and we should glorify her just like HE did. I am willing to bet Jesus and the people that lived with her felt the same way. Without her there would be no Jesus.

As we know all churches, Pentecostal, Baptist, Mormons, Catholic etc. etc have the ability of controlling or convincing their members they have the truth. And as we also know not ALL of them can't have the truth. If they are not teaching the truth then they are not leading their members to Christ. However since no one is authorized to define the truth in scripture then we do not know who is teaching the truth.

My point is don't let the anti-Catholic voices on this forum deter you from praying especially if those prayers brought you closer to Jesus. You may be just as confused as I am as to why they are attacking you for praying. If you think your Church is teaching you the truth who am I to say they are wrong. I am not infallible.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I am ecstatic that the rosary helped you to become a more practicing and less hypocritical Christian.

Unlike some on this forum you will not see me criticize you for increasing your faith in our Lord OR how you came about doing it. Whether you said 50 Hail Mary's or 50 Our Fathers or you just said a simple prayer 50 times that you made up on your own; as long as it brought you closer to Jesus. However, you shouldn't be critical of others on this forum that are non-Catholic as if they are not going to heaven just because they are not Catholic. Grant it some will treat you like you are not going to heaven because you ARE Catholic but as you know the RCC does not teach that non-Catholics will not gain eternal salvation.

God thought that Mary was glorious (other wise he wouldn't have picked her) and we should glorify her just like HE did. I am willing to bet Jesus and the people that lived with her felt the same way. Without her there would be no Jesus.

As we know all churches, Pentecostal, Baptist, Mormons, Catholic etc. etc have the ability of controlling or convincing their members they have the truth. And as we also know not ALL of them can't have the truth. If they are not teaching the truth then they are not leading their members to Christ. However since no one is authorized to define the truth in scripture then we do not know who is teaching the truth.

My point is don't let the anti-Catholic voices on this forum deter you from praying especially if those prayers brought you closer to Jesus. You may be just as confused as I am as to why they are attacking you for praying. If you think your Church is teaching you the truth who am I to say they are wrong. I am not infallible.
i have yet to finish your post here but have little time so

the rosary is the most powerful prayer .. ever. save the Holy Mass. And those who do not pray it are missing out in a HUGE way... but only those of us who have used it (and know what it is to not use it) can agree, so i will move on..

it is very diffcult getting to heaven. i have read the entire Bible and also, i have had a lot of experience in this crazy, sinful world... have gotten to know the sinner i live with 24/7 namely ME and it is not good... and so i KNOW JEsus was right :rolleyes: when he said FEW make it to Heaven.. mt 7

i know what i am saying about why u have to be CAtholic... or it certianly helps
w

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
anti-Catholic voices
It not about "anti catholic" its about truth and lies, would you want us to believe a lie??? Have you not read,

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

or

Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

But than what does it matter about Jesus when you have mary.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth said:
It not about "anti catholic" its about truth and lies, would you want us to believe a lie??? Have you not read,
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
or
Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Thank you for your wisdom. Since you have figured out who has the truth and who is telling lies would you please enlighten me? Who has the truth so I may seek them out and gain all the wisdom you have?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who has the truth so I may seek them out and gain all the wisdom you have?
Dont they teach you anything,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and sarcyasm doesnt get you anywhere. Of course if you haver to seek Him out,(which is a good thing), havnt you found Him yet???, is it your religion thats keeping Him from you??

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Dont they teach you anything,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and sarcyasm doesnt get you anywhere. Of course if you haver to seek Him out,(which is a good thing), havnt you found Him yet???, is it your religion thats keeping Him from you??
You say you follow Jesus. Since Jesus said when you make a dinner or a supper don't call your friends or their brethren or kinsmen or your rich neighbors. He said to call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind and you shall be blessed. Can you say you do that? If you are not doing that you really aren't following Jesus.

You say you follow Jesus. Jesus said take your differences to the church to be settled. You say you are free from the lies of men and you don't believe a church is found in a building. I agree with you the church Jesus speaks of is not a building. It is the men and women in that building. So which building do you go to when you have a disagreement with your brother? Or WHO do you go to when you have a difference with your brother?

You are the one who has alleged the Catholic Church tells lies. So who tells the truth? Where do you get your truth?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I have never heard of this before but it KIND OF makes sense. The best I can find about this idea is of Mary being the Bride of the Holy Spirit is that Mary conceived Jesus due to the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). Joseph was her earthly husband but the Holy Spirit was the father of her son. The Church is also considered "the bride of Christ" even though we know that the Church can't be a bride (person).

As far as the Hail Mary prayer goes it seems like 90-95% of it is just various passages from scripture. The Lords Prayer is from scripture also. I don't think God is going to be mad at the Catholics for reciting various passages from scripture. I could be wrong.
I have heard that often in exorcisms, it is when Mary appears that the demon leaves.. cannot stay in her presence

I have had many interesting things happen when I talk to her. Talking to her.. thinking about her.. is no more worshipping her than me talking to you is

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you get your truth?
Jesus, did you not read, Hwe is the truth and in Him there is no lie, or as the bible puts it,

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So ill believe Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit, whi cannot lie for they are all in agreement.

He said to call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind and you shall be blessed. Can you say you do that? If you are not doing that you really aren't following Jesus.
Nice to boast but as it is written

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Ill let God be my judge, far to many men, doing to be seen to be doing and not because it is right. or again

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Should we be rewarded since it is what is expected of us to do these things?

But this is off topic is it not...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ever wondered why teh pharrises and religious got mad at Jesus and always wanted too kill Him, it was because He spoke the truth, and it made them mad, would you like us to lie to you, to please your flesh or would you rather the truth. Since Jesus is teh truth to lie is to oppose Him. See teh whole problem with teh Roasry is it opposes God, it glorifies Mary not Jesus or God. it asks for nothing and serves no purpose, See when I was a kid, i used so sit with my mum and sisters at her beside , doing teh rosary, but than I found Jesus, whom we all have access to, Simply open you mouth and speak, He can hear, requires no beads or a methodology, He has ears and can Hear, even God can, becuase of what Christ did, But im sure you dont care for such triviality.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Ever wondered why teh pharrises and religious got mad at Jesus and always wanted too kill Him, it was because He spoke the truth, and it made them mad, would you like us to lie to you, to please your flesh or would you rather the truth. Since Jesus is teh truth to lie is to oppose Him. See teh whole problem with teh Roasry is it opposes God, it glorifies Mary not Jesus or God. it asks for nothing and serves no purpose, See when I was a kid, i used so sit with my mum and sisters at her beside , doing teh rosary, but than I found Jesus, whom we all have access to, Simply open you mouth and speak, He can hear, requires no beads or a methodology, He has ears and can Hear, even God can, becuase of what Christ did, But im sure you dont care for such triviality.
I care for the true words of Jesus, and God's Holy word, and follow it..I will not follow arrogant individuals who think they got all the answers, such as this post, but really have nothing, and by their words are following satan...they should really test the spirit they are following according to Apostle John in 1stJohn and Jesus is Matthew 24...

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Jesus, did you not read, Hwe is the truth and in Him there is no lie, or as the bible puts it,

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So ill believe Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit, whi cannot lie for they are all in agreement.

Nice to boast but as it is written

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Ill let God be my judge, far to many men, doing to be seen to be doing and not because it is right. or again

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Should we be rewarded since it is what is expected of us to do these things?

But this is off topic is it not...
You seem to have a difficult time logically and articulately answering any questions.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:

or

vain repetition has to do with requesting something from God over and over again, as if he doesn't already know what you want. That is lack of faith.. Saying holy words over and over again makes the soul more holy, and so there can hardly be anything wrong with that.

It is the meditation of the rosary (on Christ's life and death and resurrection) that make it effectual, not words per se

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
The rosary does NOT oppose God. And only those of us who pray it know how true that is. I never knew God very well until i prayed the rosary.. and what i did know about him, i was not able to.. put into practice. In other words, i had no power to be a Christian until i prayed the rosary.. true story

I doubt u have ever prayed the rosary so you really cannot speak on it. I can tell by what u say (glorifies Mary, etc) that you dont have a clue what u r talking about