Catholics: Please pray the rosary for the United States of America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I doubt u have ever prayed the rosary so you really cannot speak on it. I can tell by what u say (glorifies Mary, etc) that you dont have a clue what u r talking about
Was a cathloic for 16 years was born into a catholic family, I guesll like saul i came frrom the religious side to the side of Christ.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Ever wondered why teh pharrises and religious got mad at Jesus and always wanted too kill Him, it was because He spoke the truth, and it made them mad, would you like us to lie to you, to please your flesh or would you rather the truth. Since Jesus is teh truth to lie is to oppose Him. See teh whole problem with teh Roasry is it opposes God, it glorifies Mary not Jesus or God. it asks for nothing and serves no purpose, See when I was a kid, i used so sit with my mum and sisters at her beside , doing teh rosary, but than I found Jesus, whom we all have access to, Simply open you mouth and speak, He can hear, requires no beads or a methodology, He has ears and can Hear, even God can, becuase of what Christ did, But im sure you dont care for such triviality.
Since you were a Catholic for 16 years you know that the rosary is a combination of prayers (including the Lords Prayer) that focus on the life of Jesus as recorded in scripture. Approximately 90% of the words in the Hail Mary are from the bible. So I am not sure how the rosary opposes God when it includes the Lords Prayer, a statement of Christian faith and has words from the bible in it focusing on the life of Jesus.

Maybe you were one of those Catholics that didn't really pay attention in class or learn your history so you don't know what the rosary really is? OR you could have easily done what I did and research what the rosary is and the history of it and you could have stated the truth instead of YOUR opinion about it.

I seem to recall reading that saying the rosary is not a requirement or part of dogma or doctrine for the Catholics therefore if you don't believe in it or want to say it you don't have to. ScaliaFan can correct me if I am wrong!

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-rosary

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus did not condemn repetition, He condemned the vanity.

Matt. 26:44 - Jesus prayed a third time in the garden of Gethsemane, saying the exact same words again. It is not the repetition that is the issue. It's the vanity. God looks into our heart, not solely at our words.

Matt. 26:44 - for example, Jesus prayed a third time in the garden of Gethsemane, saying the exact same words again. It is not the repetition that is the issue. It's the vanity. God looks into our heart, not solely at our words.

1 Thess. 5:17 - Paul commands us to pray constantly. Good repetition is different than vain repetition.

Psalm 136 - in this Psalm, the phrase "For His steadfast love endures forever" is more repetitious than any Catholic prayer, and it is God's divine Word.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Well,
I grew up in like the only Protestant family in a very very Catholic little village. I went to a Protestant Sunday school and to a Catholic Primary school – thanks to my very ecumenically inclined parents, including lessons in Catholic religion. So I could probably still get through a rosary if you handed me one.
As a kid I deemed the whole thing utterly stupid. I thought both Mary and God must get bored hearing the same stuff over and over again. I also found the speed bewildering in which Catholics tended to deliver their prayers. It always sounded as if they just wanted it to get over with. And the concept of prayers as punishment – my classmates certainly thought of it as a punishment when they had to do five rosaries for stealing apples, three for coming home late … – seemed just perverted to me.
However, you live and learn, and by now I’ve come to appreciate the rosary a bit more. The reason so many religions have prayer beads is their meditative effect. And while it’s still not my thing, I see how it can bring people into a state of mind where they are open to God.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:
Matt. 26:44 - Jesus prayed a third time in the garden of Gethsemane,
saying the exact same words again.
Christ's prayer with his Father was an honest conversation; and yours
should be too.

Heb 4:16 . . Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we
may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

The Greek word for "boldly" is parrhesia (par-rhay-see'-ah) which means all
out-spokenness, i.e. frankness, bluntness, and/or confidence.

Rote prose is not what I call forthright, nor blunt, nor out spoken, nor
confident. It's actually not much different than mindlessly chanting Hindu
mantras over and over and over again and/or reading the lines of a script
like a Hollywood actor. It's just as ridiculous as bobbing back and forth while
reading from a siddur like a Jew at the Wailing Wall.

If people calling themselves Christians don't have enough command of their
native tongue to speak up and tell God exactly what's on their minds-- clearly
candidly, succinctly, and to the point --then maybe they ought to go back
to school.

I appeal not only to your reason, but also to your sensibilities. Suppose the
door bell rang one day and when you opened up-- yikes! --it was God
himself in person! Would you welcome Him into your home by reading from
a missal and/or chanting rote prose; or would you greet Him as you do real
visitors? Well, the Bible's God is real; so treat Him with the courtesy and
respect that His intelligence deserves if you expect Him to reciprocate and
treat you with courtesy and respect in return.

Do you speak to your friends, your associates, your spouse, your domestic
partner, your significant other, your doctor, your dentist, supermarket
cashiers, or the cops by repeating the same thing over and over again? Of
course not. They would write you off as one in desperate need of therapy if
you did. Then why would anyone think it makes sense to speak to God by
saying the same thing over and over again every day, every week, every

month, and every year?

Don't you think He looks upon rote chanters as mental cases when they do
that? Of course He does; who wouldn't? How would you like it if everybody
spoke to you like that? Well, He doesn't like it either. God is far more
intelligent than anybody you could possibly name and rote chanters are
treating Him like a totem pole. The Bible's God is a king who deserves far
more respect than a US President yet people are speaking to Him like a tape
recorder rather than the ultimate Sovereign that He is.

Don't ever treat Christ's father like some sort of sounding board. Not even
Forrest Gump would appreciate being spoken to in rote, and God's IQ is way
higher than Forrest's; so how do you suppose He feels about being
addressed in rote. The Bible's God is a sentient, sensible person; and we all
need to show some respect for His intelligence. I guarantee He will be most
grateful for your regard.

A very serious flaw with rosaries is the number of mantras devoted, not to
God, but to a woman-- Jesus' mom --which is in direct opposition to the
spirit of God's son, and the spirit of adoption.

Rom 8:15-17 . . For you have not received a spirit of bondage again to
fear; but you have received a spirit of adoption, whereby we call out: Abba!
Father.

Gal 4:6 . . And because you are sons, God has sent forth the spirit of His
son into your hearts calling out: Abba! Father.

When people are comfortable calling out to Christ's mother, instead of his
Father, it can only be because they have neither the spirit of adoption, nor
the spirit of His son, in their hearts.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe you were one of those Catholics that didn't really pay attention in class or learn your history so you don't know what the rosary really is? OR you could have easily done what I did and research what the rosary is and the history of it and you could have stated the truth instead of YOUR opinion about it.
I have stated the truth it is not my opinion.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

There is nothing new under the sun.

What you teach is not the truth it is the doctines of your religion.no more no less.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
You say you follow Jesus. Since Jesus said when you make a dinner or a supper don't call your friends or their brethren or kinsmen or your rich neighbors. He said to call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind and you shall be blessed. Can you say you do that? If you are not doing that you really aren't following Jesus.

You say you follow Jesus. Jesus said take your differences to the church to be settled. You say you are free from the lies of men and you don't believe a church is found in a building. I agree with you the church Jesus speaks of is not a building. It is the men and women in that building. So which building do you go to when you have a disagreement with your brother? Or WHO do you go to when you have a difference with your brother?

You are the one who has alleged the Catholic Church tells lies. So who tells the truth? Where do you get your truth?
I dont like when people say the Church is not a building, even though that is true (as far as it goes). The thing is that Jesus lives inside those buildings... Catholic Churches.. and therefore, they are made holy

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
ScaliaFan said:
I dont like when people say the Church is not a building, even though that is true (as far as it goes). The thing is that Jesus lives inside those buildings... Catholic Churches.. and therefore, they are made holy

With all due respect to any given religion's consecrated places of worship:

“This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me?” (Isaiah 66:1a)
“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth. He doesn’t live in shrines made by human Hands.” (Acts 17:24)

Jesus does not live in a church building, where you drop in for a visit on sunday mornings. He lives in people's hearts. And I dare say most Catholics I know would agree with me on that point.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong but "Jesus lives inside those buildings..." because the consecrated Host is inside the building?

What if that Host is taken out of the building and mass is held outside. Does that stop the church (building) from being Holy?

When was the first stand alone Catholic Church (building) built? I suspect not for a long time after the death of Jesus. Does that mean there was no church until a building was built? Of course not.

How can the church, as the RCC teaches, be the pillar and bulwark of truth and it be made of brick and wood? It's not...It's made of people. Jesus said take your differences to the church. Am I to go talk to a building and wait for an answer?

The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia, ecclesia, the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ. (www.catholic.com)

I agree with your statement "...the Church is not a building, even though that is true..." but also understand that the church is a building in modern vernacular. In reality the Church is wherever Christ is.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Was a cathloic for 16 years was born into a catholic family, I guesll like saul i came frrom the religious side to the side of Christ.
thanks for in effect saying no Catholic knows Christ

that sounds really Christian of u

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I agree with your statement "...the Church is not a building, even though that is true..." but also understand that the church is a building in modern vernacular. In reality the Church is wherever Christ is.
I have found Christ in His Church

and in the rosary

and the prayers of his people, including saints and those in Purgatory (who pray for us if we ask them to)r

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
junobet said:
With all due respect to any given religion's consecrated places of worship:

“This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me?” (Isaiah 66:1a)
“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth. He doesn’t live in shrines made by human Hands.” (Acts 17:24)

u forget God did have a house built for himself after saying that

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
u forget God did have a house built for himself after saying that

No He escaped

Mat_27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mar_15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
Luk_23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

But people assume a lot. If they would only ask Jesus???

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
I have found Christ in His Church

and in the rosary

and the prayers of his people, including saints and those in Purgatory (who pray for us if we ask them to)r
I counted at least 5 questions in my post and you didn't answer any of them. Instead you responded to my statement at the end of my post. Soooo are you going to try to answer those questions?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I counted at least 5 questions in my post and you didn't answer any of them. Instead you responded to my statement at the end of my post. Soooo are you going to try to answer those questions?
maybe u could repeat them?

i dont keep track of everyone's questions and etc... like some kind of robot or computer

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
maybe u could repeat them?

i dont keep track of everyone's questions and etc... like some kind of robot or computer
Post #49

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but "Jesus lives inside those buildings..." because the consecrated Host is inside the building?

What if that Host is taken out of the building and mass is held outside. Does that stop the church (building) from being Holy?

When was the first stand alone Catholic Church (building) built? I suspect not for a long time after the death of Jesus. Does that mean there was no church until a building was built? Of course not.

How can the church, as the RCC teaches, be the pillar and bulwark of truth and it be made of brick and wood? It's not...It's made of people. Jesus said take your differences to the church. Am I to go talk to a building and wait for an answer?

The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia, ecclesia, the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ. (www.catholic.com)

I agree with your statement "...the Church is not a building, even though that is true..." but also understand that the church is a building in modern vernacular. In reality the Church is wherever Christ is.u
I will copy and read later the rest of your post here

u have many questions. But t he only topic that needs to be addressed is this:

Is the RCC the Church Jesus established?

b/c if it is, the only thing we humans need question about said Church is HUMANS (in the Church)

the teachings, on the ohter hand, are protected by Christ himself... "I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it" (Mt 16:18)