Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
learned Gods Holy Word. Outside that, there is nothing.
You mean you learned the bible, and there is something outside of that, Jesus who is the truth and the Living Word, and the Holy Spirit who is given to all who "believe" to teach them the truth. Just that few believe.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nor Jesus have any need of your church nor any mens churches to save mankind. They did fine without it in the beginning and will do fine without it in the end.

"They did fine without it..." do you mean there were no churches in the beginning, after the ascension of Jesus? I think Scripture tells of many church groups at the beginning.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"They did fine without it..." do you mean there were no churches in the beginning, after the ascension of Jesus? I think Scripture tells of many church groups at the beginning.
The disciples where not a church, neither was Jesus. It does not say by faith through grace and church. People are saved without ever setting foot in a church it is God doing not mans. But than many bring God down to the level of man and make Him incompetent. The bible says,

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

God has no need of mens religions, it is men who need them and seek to justify them and in so doing, denying teh very power of God.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The disciples where not a church, neither was Jesus. It does not say by faith through grace and church. People are saved without ever setting foot in a church it is God doing not mans. But than many bring God down to the level of man and make Him incompetent. The bible says,

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

God has no need of mens religions, it is men who need them and seek to justify them and in so doing, denying teh very power of God.

People can be saved "without ever setting foot in a church". You bet. But, to deny all the church gatherings that, for example, the Apostle Paul spoke about, is just simply a denial of the Living Word. You always seem to equate "church" with man's religions. Not true. Was the church at Ephesus "mans religion"? How about in Corinth? And maybe the Catholic Church is a "mans religion". I think it is.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!
And it says

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

If you want to stay there fine, how can one following Christ be denying the Living Word. Church is not God neither is it from God, its all man made. There is a reason why Jesus said,

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

or in another one

Rev_14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

I told a friend of mine many years ago, no longer will I follow after man, and except for about a 6 months period, i have not since. Your Choice, Jesus or men.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church is not God neither is it from God, its all man made.

He commands us to meet together, from Hebrews 10:
24. "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25. not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Are you in the habit of not meeting together with God's people, whether they are wheat or tares?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you in the habit of not meeting together with God's people, whether they are wheat or tares?
I do as God says not as men do. God demands nothing of men that is mens doing. All that meeting and all we have is corruption of the truth and confusion, of which God is not teh author. God cannot be a part of something that is not of Him.

Church. Not from BOLS favourite website it might upset him more.

The Mysterious Word "Church" | Bein' a Berean

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What thediffernce between telling someone they are a liar, and calling someone a liar?? And you insist you are so smart...
There's a BIG difference.
For example, I can point out that YOU are "ignorant" of what the Catholic Church teaches - and you ARE.
HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I have called you an "ignoramus". It simply means that you are ignorant of what the Church teaches.
They where your posts I posted.

Yes thats why there are soo many praying for you.

In the end of all your ranting, hypocrisy and telling everyone else they are liars even Jesus, our salvation is in Jesus Christ, Grace by faith, and God nor Jesus have any need of your church nor any mens churches to save mankind. They did fine without it in the beginning and will do fine without it in the end.

In the end of all this, the only thing that is being exposed is your pride and total lack of Humility,

I do doubt that you will ever do a post without shouting nor one that actually glorifies God or is nice about someone, it is just not in you to do so.
Yup - they were my posts - and not ONE of them shows me calling anybody a "liar", so you failed.

As for the Church - you can whine all day long and it won't change the fact that it has been here since the beginning. ONLY the Catholic Church can document that. Not ONE of your tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering, divorced sects can make that claim.

PS - if you are praying for me - thanks.
I can always use prayer . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Church that is one diversity, or a Church that invented diversity.

Did you see the Utube item where Pope Frank was asked by a small girl why the world is attacking children so much....The Wise, most holly Pope said "There are many things we do not know child". This answer from someone that is supposed to be close to God, and is the leader of, how many..... 90 million Catholics, no wonder they are confused.
No, I didn't see it - but I heard about that conversation. Why didn't you post the link, hmmmm?
Maybe it's because you took his words out of context like so many other anti-Catholics.

If you had done your homework, you would have read about or seen that his entire answer to her was a 40-minute discourse - not a one-line confused answer.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are okay in my book.
I use to be one.
Got a whole family full of them.
I trust catholics.
That's a good thing.
When a member of the Knights of Columbus comes up to me and says, "shut up or I'll punch you in the mouth", I believe him.
But when a muslim says, "I am a man of peace", that just doesn't ring true to me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to be one.
I trust catholics.
That's a good thing.
When a member of the Knights of Columbus comes up to me and says, "shut up or I'll punch you in the mouth", I believe him.
But when a muslim says, "I am a man of peace", that just doesn't ring true to me.
When I was working for the Social Security Administration in the United States [retired in November of 2000], we had a lot of applicants born in other countries who needed proper proof of age to establish their eligibility. We developed over the years a list of churches whose records were always or sometimes or never acceptable as proof of age for our purposes. The only organized church whose records of birth [usually as a part of baptismal certificates] from any country in the world that were always presumed valid without need for other supporting evidence or verification was the Roman Catholic Church.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to be one.
I trust catholics.
That's a good thing.
Then, why post false and misleading pseudo-quotes from the Pope?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo - trying to figure out the false accusations will not help you, here.....

This entire thread is testament to the false idea that if you aren't BoLs image of a Catholic, you may be a liar, a dissent, not part of the Jesus's only church, blah, blah, blah

Save yourself the bother

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you have a question?

Okay! I'll ask a question: Almost anyone that has read or studied the Bible knows the answer to the little girls question, SO why, with someone that is supposed to be so far up the ladder of clerical knowledge unable to answer this simple question.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay! I'll ask a question: Almost anyone that has read or studied the Bible knows the answer to the little girls question, SO why, with someone that is supposed to be so far up the ladder of clerical knowledge unable to answer this simple question.

The Pope gave her an answer.....you just don't like it. Interesting that I am not hearing the same rejection from the girl or her family

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi