Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you dont listen to Jesus, If you did I would have no need, Is that simple enough for you. But than -

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

I am sure that you being so clever can work that one out.
No - I listen to Jesus because I listen to His Church, which is HIM on earth.
YOU reject Jesus because you reject His Church (Luke 10:16).

Your outward disregard of Scripture coupled with your constant quoting of it shows your complete hypocrisy.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - I listen to Jesus because I listen to His Church, which is HIM on earth.
YOU reject Jesus because you reject His Church (Luke 10:16).
No you dont you listen to

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
1Ti_4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Heb_13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Because you are joined to teh catholic church, it is where your heart is, it is what you glorify, it is what you defend it is what you love,

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

and so your church and pope, cardinals, bishops, priests deacons etc all reign over you and Christ is relegated to some party poster. come we own Christ you want Him you must enter here.

Sorry we dont need you religion to have Christ, you dont own Him neither do you own salvation it is in Him alone.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you dont you listen to

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
1Ti_4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Heb_13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Because you are joined to teh catholic church, it is where your heart is, it is what you glorify, it is what you defend it is what you love,

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

and so your church and pope, cardinals, bishops, priests deacons etc all reign over you and Christ is relegated to some party poster. come we own Christ you want Him you must enter here.

Sorry we dont need you religion to have Christ, you dont own Him neither do you own salvation it is in Him alone.
Yup - I'm absolutely joined to Christ's Church - even more radically than the finger is to the hand.
And you cannot have Christ when you reject His Body (Luke 10:16).

Unfortunately, YOU don't understand the Scriptures because you took all of the above out of context.
Matt. 15:9 and Mark 7:7 are talking about the Jewish Pharisees.
Col. 2:22 is talking about the Jews as well as the Gnostic heretics.
Heb. 13:9 is a perfect example of the confused mess that is Protestantism.
1 Tim. 4:1 is talking about people like YOU who reject the Word of God.

Take some time off and do some homework . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Instead,” the Pope continued, “the Lord has created us in His image and likeness, and has given us this commandment in the depths of our heart: do good and do not do evil”:

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: we need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.” [Vatican radio website]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yup - I'm absolutely joined to Christ's Church - even more radically than the finger is to the hand.
And you cannot have Christ when you reject His Body (Luke 10:16).

Unfortunately, YOU don't understand the Scriptures because you took all of the above out of context.
Matt. 15:9 and Mark 7:7 are talking about the Jewish Pharisees.
Col. 2:22 is talking about the Jews as well as the Gnostic heretics.
Heb. 13:9 is a perfect example of the confused mess that is Protestantism.
1 Tim. 4:1 is talking about people like YOU who reject the Word of God.
Jesus is the word of God, what are you going on about, you rejected Christ when you joined yourself to teh catholic church and accepted its doctrines above God, you rejected Christ when you came, here and insisted that all men become slaves to your religion, when you added "catholism" to salvation, when you called Jesus a liar, this bit,

Mat_18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

every time you call Gods children liars you call Him a liar, can God be joined to a harlot, what part of "child Molestation" is of God, what part of "murder" is from God what part of "deceiving" is from God, its teh nature of your religion and you being joined to it , it has become your nature too.

More coals to be heaped upon your head till that fortress of your gets torn down.

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intent is everything.
What is your purpose for attending Quaker services? Why do you feel the need to attend?

As far as attending mass - you can go 10 times a day and still be unfaithful.

Sure, I'll get right on that, but I will need a few items from you first....I would hate to misplace my adherence to authority

1. Catechism statement on the subject of 'intent' specifically referencing attendance in a Protestant church.
2. Proof of your ordination as a Priest in the Catholic Church.

As far as attending daily Mass; you've answered my question and bolstered mjrhealth simultaneously

Reactions: Pisteuo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, I'll get right on that, but I will need a few items from you first....I would hate to misplace my adherence to authority

1. Catechism statement on the subject of 'intent' specifically referencing attendance in a Protestant church.
2. Proof of your ordination as a Priest in the Catholic Church.

As far as attending daily Mass; you've answered my question and bolstered mjrhealth simultaneously
Attending daily Mass is not the measure of faithfulness. It's LIVING an obedient Catholic life.
It's NOT having to go to a Protestant services because you're not being "fed" at Mass. If you truly understood what the Mass is - you would never feel the need to be "fed" elsewhere.

Secondly - I never claimed to be a priest, so I'm not sure why this would be a prerequisite for your answering my questions. this is a DEBATE forum and answering questions is what this is ALL about. When people refuse to answer questions in a debate - it's because they lack the proper answers.

Now - I will ask you yet again:
What is your purpose for attending Quaker services? Why do you feel the need to attend?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Instead,” the Pope continued, “the Lord has created us in His image and likeness, and has given us this commandment in the depths of our heart: do good and do not do evil”:

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: we need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.” [Vatican radio website]
And simply doing "good" will not get you to Heaven - and the Pope knows this.
Taking his words out of context does you no good because it simply shows your dissidence as a fallen Catholic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the word of God, what are you going on about, you rejected Christ when you joined yourself to teh catholic church and accepted its doctrines above God, you rejected Christ when you came, here and insisted that all men become slaves to your religion, when you added "catholism" to salvation, when you called Jesus a liar, this bit,

Mat_18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

every time you call Gods children liars you call Him a liar, can God be joined to a harlot, what part of "child Molestation" is of God, what part of "murder" is from God what part of "deceiving" is from God, its teh nature of your religion and you being joined to it , it has become your nature too.

More coals to be heaped upon your head till that fortress of your gets torn down.

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
First of all - I don't believe I've ever called anybody a "liar". I simply hold you accountable for your lies - and so will God when you are judged.

Secondly - you keep pitting Christ against His Body because you don't understand what His Church actually IS.
You say that I accuse His "children" of being liars. People who habitually lie and bear false witness are NOT His children

Finally - to your last question:
"what part of "child Molestation" is of God, what part of "murder" is from God what part of "deceiving" is from God?"

I don't know. Why don't you aske the thousands and thousands of Protestant congregations that question because MOST are guilty of it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And simply doing "good" will not get you to Heaven - and the Pope knows this.
Taking his words out of context does you no good because it simply shows your dissidence as a fallen Catholic.

1. You just took his words out of context and then, lectured on the importance of not taking his words out of context.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attending daily Mass is not the measure of faithfulness. It's LIVING an obedient Catholic life.
It's NOT having to go to a Protestant services because you're not being "fed" at Mass. If you truly understood what the Mass is - you would never feel the need to be "fed" elsewhere.

Secondly - I never claimed to be a priest, so I'm not sure why this would be a prerequisite for your answering my questions. this is a DEBATE forum and answering questions is what this is ALL about. When people refuse to answer questions in a debate - it's because they lack the proper answers.

Now - I will ask you yet again:

1. You are assuming my reasoning for attending a Protestant church and then condemning me based on your assumption - talk about a lesson on use of the strawman...

2. You are demanding me to give you a reason for attending a Protestant Church, as if you were my spiritual authority. If you were a Priest, it would be an appropriate request, not a demand; since you are not a Preiest, you have zero spiritual authority over me, yet you continue to yap like a teacup chihuahua.

3. Debating? You bait and rely on the use of ad hominem - a three year old throws tantrums too, but it not called debating

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've ever called anybody a "liar"
Please go read your posts before teh Que starts growng pointing out all the p;aces you have. You are our modern day Saul, just waiting for a fall. Just keep heaping those coals on your head.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmmm, apparently, you never too an English class - which is woefully-apparent by your spelling.

"Shouting"
in the written form requires exclamation points (!!!).
I never engage in shouting when I write.

So....you get to make the rules about the use of caps, bold font and exclamation points? Because, on the internet all three are used to shout people down. Not sure if you are excluding yourself from social norms or rewriting them for your own use....

And as far as spelling is concerned......you are 'lieing' to yourself if you believe you are qualified to cast that stone.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What would be teh point of closing this topic, it will just spring up else where. It in 2 now lets keep it there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So....you get to make the rules about the use of caps, bold font and exclamation points? Because, on the internet all three are used to shout people down. Not sure if you are excluding yourself from social norms or rewriting them for your own use....

And as far as spelling is concerned......you are 'lieing' to yourself if you believe you are qualified to cast that stone.
I understand that the use of ALL CAPS can be construed as "yelling" - if the entire sentence is in all caps.

I ALSO understand that when people start attacking your formatting style - it's usually because they have run OUT of ammunition or useful things to say . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You just took his words out of context and then, lectured on the importance of not taking his words out of context.
No, I didn't.
The Pope never said that you can make it to Heaven by "being good" because that would be heresy.

YOU and the rest of the non-Catholic world are constantly taking his words out of context to suit your aberrant beliefs.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You are assuming my reasoning for attending a Protestant church and then condemning me based on your assumption - talk about a lesson on use of the strawman...

2. You are demanding me to give you a reason for attending a Protestant Church, as if you were my spiritual authority. If you were a Priest, it would be an appropriate request, not a demand; since you are not a Preiest, you have zero spiritual authority over me, yet you continue to yap like a teacup chihuahua.

3. Debating? You bait and rely on the use of ad hominem - a three year old throws tantrums too, but it not called debating
Sooooo, you can't defend your attending Protestant services to supplement your spiritual life?
And when did I ever "demand" an answer?? I simply asked a question. Try being honest, for a change.

The reason I keep asking it is because YOU keep dodging it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please go read your posts before teh Que starts growng pointing out all the p;aces you have. You are our modern day Saul, just waiting for a fall. Just keep heaping those coals on your head.
Show me ONE post where I called anybody a "liar".
Your false accusations speak VOLUMES . . .