Chit Chat Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever paid attention to how bad and evil they are and how they can promote fear in children?
Example:
Humpty Dumpty
Sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty
Had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men...
Couldn't put Humpty back together again.

Yeh, or ring around the rosie was about an illness...We do that one all the time...maybe I should think past tradition to what I'm actually speaking over my kids. Change the words. Because yeh, some were made for war history and things.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeh, or ring around the rosie was about an illness...We do that one all the time...maybe I should think past tradition to what I'm actually speaking over my kids. Change the words. Because yeh, some were made for war history and things.
Rock-a-bye Baby....when the bough breaks the cradle will fall and down will come baby cradle and all....

I used to sing that to my girls all the time...no wonder they had nightmares!

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever paid attention to how bad and evil they are and how they can promote fear in children?
Example:
Humpty Dumpty
Sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty
Had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men...
Couldn't put Humpty back together again.
Yes and I've read several old fairy tale stories! They were not so innocent in old times and children were apparently not sheltered from anything. Thought i would make memorable moments with my children one night by reading them Bluebeard.

Seems innocent at first. "And then he opened the closet door and... And... Oh. Okay. That's it. The end." Then turn the lights off with a horrified look in my eyes.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yousician! It's like guitar hero. And I think you said you wanted to learn keyboard or piano, there's a setting for that too. I meant to tell you but kept forgetting.

I'll have to check the app out. My piano is at my old church's annex. The youth use it. I'll buy one if I do not think I have one, but I really can take care of a guitar in the house a lot easier right now then my piano keyboard

Reactions: DuckieLady

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and I've read several old fairy tale stories! They were not so innocent in old times and children were apparently not sheltered from anything. Thought i would make memorable moments with my children one night by reading them Bluebeard.

Seems innocent at first. "And then he opened the closet door and... And... Oh. Okay. That's it. The end." Then turn the lights off with a horrified look in my eyes.
Exactly...and the animated movies....is there any that doesn't have some form of witchcraft? (Disney movies)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the tongue twisters. Peter piper, jack splat

the ten piggies :)
I read that The Three Blind Mice is about 3 men who were some of the first protestants and were burned at the stake for heresy.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is the stuff we pass on to our children....yikes....I was ignorant of the truth behind it all.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked on my rainstick a bit today. I want to find some good leather to cap it off when I'm ready...instead of just some cut pieces of wood.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the tongue twisters. Peter piper, jack splat

the ten piggies :)
If I hear about the three little kittens who lost their mittens one more time....

Exactly...and the animated movies....is there any that doesn't have some form of witchcraft? (Disney movies)
They all do and I've read all of the real versions. Fun fact: Cinderella got the name from cleaning under the cinders all day. None of the stories are the same. And the real story of Snow White, the witch doesn't knock her dead with just an apple, she entices her with all kinds of gifts trying to knock her out with all kinds of things like stay laces that are too tight and a poisoned brush. Actually has an interesting point to it to not be lured into things that can actually be harmful, and the witch is always harmful. In Disney the evil is always made out to be powerful and "attractive."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reminder...it is good to think about what I am speaking over my kids. And the preschoolers. My two big things is ring around the rosie and london bridges. They are games. But I wonder how I can reword them or something...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reminder...it is good to think about what I am speaking over my kids. And the preschoolers. My two big things is ring around the rosie and london bridges. They are games. But I wonder how I can reword them or something...
There is a Christian Nursery Rhyme Book that rewrites the nursery rhymes and makes them have positive outcomes.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is coming back again
Back to again
Back to again
Jesus is coming back again
The whole world to save

(London Bridgey sound)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall; Humpty Dumpty shouted, "Amen! God can put me together again". This lovely illustrated collection features the most well-known and beloved Mother Goose rhymes, all beautifully enhanced with a gentle religious message. ... Google Books

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, do we get to see it? :D

Uhhhh all I did was cut it to the desired length and smoothed it out a bit. I still have to sand it down, cut it down the middle, gut it, drill it, tooth pick it, glue it, paint it, laquer it, seashell it, cap it, etc...

Did you see my other one that I painted?