Chit Chat Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another song from my childhood that I actually could find on YouTube,.. except I sing it,.. all the little Joey's and April's since Joey is the name of my boyfriend and it sounds good together. :D

I better not try music tonight again . LOL.

Reactions: April_Rose

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @thelord's_pearl I thought I'd tag you here to answer your questions about singing high pitch. This is our fellowship thread here and thought I'd keep that open for any Bible translation study. It hasn't been active in awhile though. :)

But yeh. I was singing since I was a child and been in choirs since the fourth grade. Music education with a vocal emphasis for a couple years in college too. If I go back Id prolly minor in music Ed and get a technical certificate.

To answer your question though, warm ups each day are good to eventually sing higher vocally. Start low at a comfortable range, and work the range, going up a little bit each time. There are probably some good warm up exercises on YouTube. I never looked. But yeh. Worse thing you can do is "force soprano." Some are just natural low voice alto or low voice mezzo range, and that is perfectly fine. There are some beautiful pieces in that range in all genres of music. Unforced vocalization exercises do help strengthen your range though.

I would also say singing from the diaphragm is much needed in singing, especially in the higher range. Always want to make sure you are relaxed, because then your voice will be relaxed and you can hit the higher ranges easier. You can practice diaphragm usage by putting a piece of notebook paper on the wall and blowing on it. I think it was about 5 seconds you want to try and keep the paper on the wall. The lesson of it is breathing in your diapghram, filling that tummy up with air so diaphragm expands basically, and keep your shoulders down. No tension!!!

Anyhow, hope that helps. :) I was classically trained, but this goes for all singing!!!

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey @thelord's_pearl I thought I'd tag you here to answer your questions about singing high pitch. This is our fellowship thread here and thought I'd keep that open for any Bible translation study. It hasn't been active in awhile though. :)

But yeh. I was singing since I was a child and been in choirs since the fourth grade. Music education with a vocal emphasis for a couple years in college too. If I go back Id prolly minor in music Ed and get a technical certificate.

To answer your question though, warm ups each day are good to eventually sing higher vocally. Start low at a comfortable range, and work the range, going up a little bit each time. There are probably some good warm up exercises on YouTube. I never looked. But yeh. Worse thing you can do is "force soprano." Some are just natural low voice alto or low voice mezzo range, and that is perfectly fine. There are some beautiful pieces in that range in all genres of music. Unforced vocalization exercises do help strengthen your range though.

I would also say singing from the diaphragm is much needed in singing, espexiallt in the higher range. Always want to make sure you are relaxed, because then your voice will be relaxed and you can hit the higher ranges easier. You can practice diaphragm usage by putting a piece of notebook paper on the wall and blowing on it. I think it was about 5 seconds you want to try and keep the paper on the wall. The lesson of it is breathing in your diapghram, filling that tummy up with air so it expands basically, and keeping your shoulders down.

Anyhow, hope that helps. :) I was classically trained, but this goes for all singing!!!
thanks, I ran into a site once but I lost track of it and they wrote that you sing as if you're talking, so that was a skill I learned too. I tried to keep that in mind. I also note that you can deepen your voice too while singing :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks, I ran into a site once but I lost track of it and they wrote that you sing as if you're talking, so that was a skill I learned too. I tried to keep that in mind. I also note that you can deepen your voice too while singing :)

I could probably sing in conversation, and people wouldn't notice I changed anything, because I about sing wherever I go. LOL But you don't want to strain your voice. Especially in the higher range, it is easy to strain if you are throat singing rather then diapraghm singing.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to leave earlier then the kids, because I have praise team practice. This church is an hour earlier then the one I went to before. Not fair.

*Procrastinating.*

Reactions: April_Rose