Choose death....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose death, than you are free to choose righteousness.

Christ came to free us from our fallen state. He did this by taking us to death with Him on the cross. We are told the just shall live by faith. It is having faith in the truth that when Christ died on the cross He took us to death with Him. This is our “reckoning ourselves dead”. This has to be chosen first, by faith inwardly or one will never be freed from there old man so that they can choose another master, by faith. Once this choice is made... death to self has been chosen. Than is the believer free to choose righteousness, which is the new master one is called to choose. All this transpires in the inner man. Once this reckoning is done from and in the heart, walking in newness of life is a natural walk before God. It is all done inwardly by the faith of the heart. Than the works of the law are fulfilled in us, but not by us. For than we are living before God by faith and as this faith grows Christ is being manifested each and every day to a larger degree in us which translates to Christ being seen in our life’s. This truth is the way put forth in scripture as the way of walking in newness of life.

For we did receive the Spirit by the hearing with faith and all growth and increase in Christ comes the same way, by the hearing with faith.

Be blessed as you confirmed these truths before God, Not me

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose death, than you are free to choose righteousness.

Christ came to free us from our fallen state. He did this by taking us to death with Him on the cross. We are told the just shall live by faith. It is having faith in the truth that when Christ died on the cross He took us to death with Him. This is our “reckoning ourselves dead”. This has to be chosen first, by faith inwardly or one will never be freed from there old man so that they can choose another master, by faith. Once this choice is made... death to self has been chosen. Than is the believer free to choose righteousness, which is the new master one is called to choose. All this transpires in the inner man. Once this reckoning is done from and in the heart, walking in newness of life is a natural walk before God. It is all done inwardly by the faith of the heart. Than the works of the law are fulfilled in us, but not by us. For than we are living before God by faith and as this faith grows Christ is being manifested each and every day to a larger degree in us which translates to Christ being seen in our life’s. This truth is the way put forth in scripture as the way of walking in newness of life.

For we did receive the Spirit by the hearing with faith and all growth and increase in Christ comes the same way, by the hearing with faith.

Be blessed as you confirmed these truths before God, Not me
Absolutely dead to pleasing men and free to pleasing God.

Reactions: Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once this reckoning is done from and in the heart, walking in newness of life is a natural walk before God. It is all done inwardly by the faith of the heart. Than the works of the law are fulfilled in us, but not by us.
You know, someone on another thread was commenting on a, to paraphrase, a higher spiritual walk that causes one to walk in righteousness without effort.

But this is just the thing, we reckon it done, and we live accordingly, in faith in Jesus that He has done it.

And as we walk in faith, the simple faith of a child that any child of God can choose to act in, effortless indeed!

And the more we get used to walking this way, simply by trusting Jesus, the more we grow in control over the flesh, and the less noisesome it is. Well, God still tests us so we can grow more! But by trusting in Jesus, we overcome.

Just so, my friend! We believe, and God makes it real!

Much love!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, someone on another thread was commenting on a, to paraphrase, a higher spiritual walk that causes one to walk in righteousness without effort.

But this is just the thing, we reckon it done, and we live accordingly, in faith in Jesus that He has done it.

And as we walk in faith, the simple faith of a child that any child of God can choose to act in, effortless indeed!

And the more we get used to walking this way, simply by trusting Jesus, the more we grow in control over the flesh, and the less noisesome it is. Well, God still tests us so we can grow more! But by trusting in Jesus, we overcome.

Just so, my friend! We believe, and God makes it real!

Much love!

I like what I read, for you are searching and seeking after Christ and you/we are His workmanship. He is teaching you inwardly, just don’t stop asking, seeking, knocking, and these truths will become more self evident in you... For the heart that searches for Christ will find Him.

“That He might become more and we might become less.”

For it is our personal relationship with Christ that conforms us to Him.

Keep feeding your one and one and you will be blessed beyond all measure, Not me

Last edited: