Christ as the firstborn

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Vengle,

The Alpha (α) and Omega (Ѡ) carries far more meaning that Nomad can demonstrate.

Isaiah 41:4: Yahweh is calling the generations from the beginning He alone determines the Alpha (α) He “hath wrought and done it” is the Omega (Ѡ)

Isa 41:8, 9: includes the beginning of Jesus Christ

Isa 41: 11: also includes his sufferings within that life (α);

Isa 41:15, 16: and his eventual recept of glory (Ѡ)

However, while this speaks of Jesus Christ having a beginning and an end, because Yahweh has made it so, Yahweh Himself is totally outside of the Alpha and Omega.

For Yawheh or God cannot be found restricted by this expresion else we have a God who has a beginning and end!

He alone has no beginning and no end unlike His son. He alone determines who has life and death i.e Jesus and the saints.

The rest of Isa 41:4 should be of interest to you.

Isa 41:4 “with the last ones Last is plural!!! And implies the idea of Yahweh “bringing many sons unto glory.”

Therefore...

Looking unto Jesus (Yahwehs (α) & (Ѡ)) the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him (Jesus) endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:2

(Throne of God) to mean Yahweh who is beyond the Alpha and Omega.

So while Yahweh alone determined the first He also determines the last ones both of whom have a beginning and an end.

Unlike God Himself.

Isa 41:4 speaks on God manifestation through the elect, those who find themselves in the Author & Finisher.

The question you need to answer is if Jesus is the Alpha (beginning) and Omega (end) and the Author (beginning) and Finisher (end) who is the One who stands outside of these two expressions?

If you say Jesus then by inference the saints must then be Aplha and Omega also! if you say Yahweh stands outside the Alpha and Omega then Jesus like us CANNOT be God.

Answer that question...and you will have found truth.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
It has been foreseeable that Nomad would come to a Bible verse to support his creeds, but quoting Rev 1:8;22:13 was a very poor choice of Scripture.

"I (Jesus) am Alpha and Omega"

You would know that the words Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet? There are (24) twentyfour letters in the Greek alphabet which is rather interesting because we have twentyfour elders found in Rev. 4:4:

Coincidence?

These elders representative the innumerable number of believers found to be in Christ (Alpha and Omega) through baptism and belief.

The question Vengle is why would Jesus be called the Alpha and Omega?

Well, we all know that Jesus was the Word “made” flesh and that he is the "author and finisher of our faith" (Heb. 12:2).
He allowed the Word to write his life as eventually by faith, ours.

Yes you say!

And it is in Jesus we should look for our salvation.

Yes you say!

And it is in Jesus the Father placed the process of salvation and our redemption from condemnation and death.

I still hope you are saying Yes!

When Jesus speaks he does so as the Father, but not being the Father...the Son only does that which the Father allows, right?

For I do not speak of myself, but from the Father who sent me and commanded me what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that [to obey] his command is life everlasting. Therefore, whatever I speak is just as the Father tells me to speak."

He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory;1 but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him, that man is true, and there is no unrighteousness is in him.

So clearly Jesus speaks as the manifestation of Yahweh, the Almighty. Though Yahweh has no beginning nor ending, His manifestation is in man who has beginning and ending.

This can be clearly proven from Luke 1, right?

Yahweh his Father has no beginning and no end, was he born of a woman? Most certainly not!

Therefore Rev 1:8 sees Jesus Christ representing all those who have a beginning and end!

One must be blind not to see this truth.

God will be made known in and though the Lord Jesus Christ and He "will also be" made known through Adams fallen sons and daughters over who Jesus Christ is the Alpha (beginning) and Omega (end).

Jesus himself represents those children who have a beginning and an end!

Let us consider the evidence!

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us (Vengle & Insight), that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us (Vengle & Insight) not, because it knew him (Jesus) not. 1 John 3:1

See our association with the Alpha and Omega? Now if you deny our association with the one who is beginning and end you deny your salvation – point blank and fall outside of Rom 8:19!

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God Rom 8:19

Is Jesus included in the manifestation of the sons of God?

I hope we say yes! Because if you say no! you are none of His children.

Compare these verses with:

6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isa. 44:6

Here God is stamping His authority on who is the sole source of the generations of men, ages, kingdoms etc.

Nothing has a beginning or end which HE has not started or finished!!!

4Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. Isa. 41:4

Jews understood the One Creator was responsible for their lives and the existence of all things physical whcih have a beginning and end is attributed to the One True God, beside whom there is no other.

Conclusion:

The first red word "last" is in the singular which clearly reveals God manifesting Himself through Jesus personally; in the latter, it is in the plural - referring to him in a innumerable sense.

Everyone in this forum understands that Yahweh, God, Almighty Father etc has NO END however He establishes our generations, He creates life, Jesus being the first born, although the Head of the Body he is a created being, who is titled "Alpha and Omega" - - we are like Jesus we have a beginning and end and therefore we are represented with Christ who will one day be the Glory of the Father!

So the context of Rev 1:8 comprises the Title of Yahweh as manifested in the innumerable body of believers in Christ over who the Lord Jesus is our head.

But He who made Jesus our head has NO HEAD NO BEGINNING OR END!!!...for He is beyond the Alpha and Omega...for He never had a beginning or end, but thankfully for us He teaches...

And I will be a Father unto you (Vengle & Insight), and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:18

Jesus being the firstborn Son from among the dead.

In keeping with the OP – was Jesus a firstborn or not!

If you say yes who was he born too?

One with beginning and End?

Yahweh is his name and He alone is God who is not bound by beginning and end but the ONE who establishes those who are alpha and omega.

Insight

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Insight,

If Vengle is convinced by the incoherent, hysterical mess that was your last two posts, there's nothing I can do for him. Wow!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Insight,

If Vengle is convinced by the incoherent, hysterical mess that was your last two posts, there's nothing I can do for him. Wow!

Your lack of substance is evident.

I appreciate how difficult it is to submit to this simple truth.

It appears you are in a bind, regardless of how you choose to define the Alpha and Omega. To be honest, it’s actually quite entertaining and comical to watch your teachings unravel and you along with them.

I actually understand how the Father can laugh at the wicked. Prov 1:26NET

If you say, your trinity is Alpha and Omega but exclude Christ what do you have? If you call Jesus Alpha and Omega then context demands you place the saints within his title, thereby making us all God.

It has just dawned on you your Christology cannot answer this conundrum and so you try to dismiss it’s perplexity with an empty expression of ignorance in the hope that it will go away.

2 Tim 3:7 still applies to you and your many doctrines.

Insight

bike.gif
Psa 110:1

Good bye Nomad!

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
I am in total agreement with you Insight as what you have said i recognized for the most part already.

I like the clarification that your way of speaking it adds to what I myself have searched diligently to learn.

I was not able to go to sleep so I was forced to get up and ponder Revelation chapter 22 more and it is shining like I never saw it shine before. The basic elements of what you have stated in your last few posts are kind of all put into a nutshell in that chapter.

We know that the kings rule with Christ and what do we read there? Revelation 22:5 "And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God [Yahweh] giveth them light: and they [Christ and we who reign with him] shall reign for ever and ever."

I am yet having trouble knowing if I am seeing what i am seeing about the Archangel thing, though. I mean it seems like it may be inescapable but I am hesitant to gulp it down quickly.

In other words I am doubting my own eyes. I do not want to be wrong if i embrace it.

The more I examine it the more it seems so but I mean this is so unexpected to me.

Learning has often came that same way before, though. And some of those things I took months to ponder after the initial revealing (a couple even years) just because I do not want to embrace something wrong.

Not that i plan it that way or will necessarily do that with this. I can't even say right now. My spirit is yet swimming from the shock of what i saw. Not concerning what i spoke about at first in this post but about the Archangel thing. I fully embrace what I said in the beginning of this post.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Wow. I just learned why I was having difficulty seeing it. The spirit made me revisit the very first verse of Revelation.

I can hardly believe that all of this time i have misunderstood that verse.

Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him [Jesus], to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he [Yahweh] sent and signified it by his angel [Jesus] unto his servant John:

Jesus is the one personally showing these things. And John describes Jesus as he continues and is thus describing the one who is come to him and showing him these things sent of Yahweh.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God [Yahweh] and of the Lamb [Jesus] shall be in it; and his servants [Jesus and the kings that at Rev. 3:21 he said would sit on his throne with him] shall serve him [Yahweh]:
4 And they shall see his [Yahweh’s] face; and his [Yahweh’s] name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God [Yahweh] giveth them light: and they [Christ and those that sit on his throne per Rev. 3:21] shall reign for ever and ever.
6 ¶And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God [Yahweh] of the holy prophets sent his [arch]angel [Jesus] to shew unto his [Yahweh’s] servants the things which must shortly be done.

That hyphen which the translators added in verse three just confuses it for the servants are being said to be in this holy city as part of Jesus' throne.

In other words verse three is saying 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God [Yahweh] and of the Lamb [Jesus] shall be in it and [also] his servants [Jesus and the kings that at Rev. 3:21 he said would sit on his throne with him] shall serve him [Yahweh]:

it would better read for the sake of our English: "but the throne of Yahweh and of the Lamb Jesus with his fellow servants shall be in it and shall serve him [Yahweh]:

that based upon verse 9: "Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Vengle,

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God. (Isa 44:6)

You have no doubt now witnessed how Trinitarian doctrine opposes a true Unitarian interpretation.

We all know God (or Yahweh) is called the First and the Last in Isaiah 44:6; 41:4 as there is nothing outside of Him.

He alone determines generations with He, Himself having no generation.

Yes?

Even a straw man would say yes! He MUST!

Yahweh Himself is not confined by the First and the Last title, as, whatever exists between the "First" and the "Last" has nothing at do at all with His omnipotence, but rather He is claiming to be the originator of the First and the Last and everything that is between.

He is the Supremacy and totality of all things that exist in Heaven and in Earth.

So why does Jesus refer to himself in this way in the context of Revelation 1&22?

There can only be one answer to this in light of the context of Rev 1 & 22 and that is clearly understood that Jesus is the "First and the Last" of Yahweh as he is the "Firstborn from the dead".

Two aspects are attributed to Christ
  1. He is a first born (natural and spiritually the Alpha work)
  2. His spiritual life was established when he came out of death (both alpha and omega in him).
His end (omega) – which now has no end, began when he came forth from the dead and not previously having life.

Consider the consequences of making Jesus the ONE who has no beginning or end?

That’s right!

Denial of this truth will thrust you completely outside of John 1:1;14 and beyond the reach of salvation.

Jesus is the "Last Adam" who also had a beginning and end; any straw man would need to go to ridiculous lengths to explain this away.

How can we take the precedence and understanding from His supreme control of generations - Isa 44:6;41:4 and not apply it to Yahweh’s work in the Son as being the "First and Last". You cannot divorce Jesus having a "First and Last" life, from those he represents (saints) who also share a beginning and end!

Impossible!

If the first Adam had a beginning and end and the last Adam had a beginning and end, ONE must stand totally outside of the Alpha and Omega, One Who determines their beginning and end and everything in-between.

That One is Yahweh.

So how does Jesus define his beginning and end?

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One;

But how?

I was dead (alpha), and behold I am alive (omega) for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

He was the beginning (First) for those obedient saints who God will raise also from the dead and reward with immortality, like Jesus.

Now Jesus was appointed by _________ ? as the First and last and is the only mediator between man and God. 1 Tim 2: 5NET

For as the Father hath life in himself ; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself ; 27 And hath given him authority . . . . (John 5:26, 27) KJV

Being the first born of all Sons of God shows his Father gave life, authority and power to Jesus, how can you receive something when it’s already yours?

"I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

Jesus states he was dead; this voice cannot be God speaking because He cannot die.

If Jesus was once dead, meaning he was mortal, and now lives forever (immortal). This must imply a change of nature.
However, God cannot change his nature.

Jesus says he was once dead - scripture says:

"We know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him." Rom 6:9.

So within his first and last period death “had” dominion over him.

Now does Jesus represent those in the Alpha & Omega who are subject to death?

Heb 2:14,15 is the answer!

So Jesus could NOT be omnipotent –whereas - God is omnipotent.

If Jesus is the Alpha and Omega being Yahweh Himself how can one cease to be omnipotent?

Given this evidence we find no apologists could claim that God can be restricted to a beginning life and end life nor can an apologist claim Yahweh inclusive of the redeemed are that Alpha and Omega, to do so infers we are God and this simply cannot fit.

Conclusion:

Therefore the apologist must prove that Rev 1:8 & 22 does NOT include the glorified saints and to do this would be futile on their part and self destructive.

Or prove..

That Rev 1:8 & 22 is the Trinity and include’s the glorified saints as being God and part of the Godhead, again to do this is futile on their part and self destructive.

Only one interpretation can fit – the Alpha and Omega is referring to Jesus Christ and the Saints only.

As Vengle you have shown…

Revelation 22:5 "And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God [Yahweh] giveth them (Rev 1:6) light: and they [Christ and we who reign with him = Alpha and Omega)] shall reign for ever and ever."

Insight

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
See post #187

Your post #188 Insight is a real eye-opener.

I have to copy some of this stuff down to my desktop so i am sure never to lose it.

The springs are gushing out water tonight and the rivers are flowing crystal pure.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God [Yahweh] and of the Lamb [Jesus] shall be in it; and his servants [the kings that at Rev. 3:21 he said would sit on his throne with him] shall serve him [Yahweh]:
4 And they shall see his [Yahweh’s] face; and his [Yahweh’s] name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God [Yahweh] giveth them light: and they [Christ and those that sit on his throne per Rev. 3:21] shall reign for ever and ever.
6 ¶And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God [Yahweh] of the holy prophets sent his [arch]angel [Jesus] to shew unto his [Yahweh’s] servants the things which must shortly be done.

Vengle - this is life eternal - and you have been revealed the one who now holds the word of Eternal Life.
John 6:68

It is Jesus who is the perfected alpha and omega !

A Trinitarian cannot fathom the victory in Jesus Christ like you have just witnessed. and maybe now you might understand why the angels cast their crowns (of authority) at his feet as he bought his blood offering before his God.

God bless you Vengle!

See post #187

Yes I see!!!

But the others?

tumbleweed.gif

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner (corner stone): this is the Lord's (Yahwehs) doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Matt 21:42NET

Does this take on new meaning?

Blessed is he (Jesus) who comes in the name of the LORD. From the house of the LORD we bless you (saints). The LORD is God, and he has made his light shine on us. With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar. Psa 118:20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29

Enough said

Sorry I must add Eph 2:20

built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Amen

The Lord is God, and he has made (John 1:1) his light to shine upon us. Bind the festal sacrifice with cords,
up to the horns of the altar! (Luke 1:69)

Vengle

Where was the horn raised up from?

and has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David!

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Am i going astray?

i had not seen your last post yet when i posted that.

thank you. I needed a bit of confirmation. I was feeling a little fear because it means so much to me not to error.

being wrong is not anything. I am not bothered by being wrong but I do not want to error.

Does that sound crazy? Wrong can be corrected. We are supposed to be wrong until we get it right.

i am grateful to Nomad for bringing Revelation up !!! :lol:

I am going to sign out for a while and ponder what I have learned tonight and perhaps copy some of this down to my desktop.

Later !!! God bless you Insight !!!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Am i going astray?

i had not seen your last post yet when i posted that.

thank you. I needed a bit of confirmation. I was feeling a little fear because it means so much to me not to error.

being wrong is not anything. I am not bothered by being wrong but I do not want to error.

Does that sound crazy? Wrong can be corrected. We are supposed to be wrong until we get it right.

#187 - you behold the pure truth of Yahweh and His Son along the true saints.

Wow. I just learned why I was having difficulty seeing it. The spirit made me revisit the very first verse of Revelation.

I can hardly believe that all of this time i have misunderstood that verse.

Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him [Jesus], to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he [Yahweh] sent and signified it by his angel [Jesus] unto his servant John:

Jesus is the one personally showing these things. And John describes Jesus as he continues and is thus describing the one who is come to him and showing him these things sent of Yahweh.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God [Yahweh] and of the Lamb [Jesus] shall be in it; and his servants [Jesus and the kings that at Rev. 3:21 he said would sit on his throne with him] shall serve him [Yahweh]:

That hyphen which the translators added in verse three just confuses it for the servants are being said to be in this holy city as part of Jesus' throne.

In other words verse three is saying 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God [Yahweh] and of the Lamb [Jesus] shall be in it and [also] his servants [Jesus and the kings that at Rev. 3:21 he said would sit on his throne with him] shall serve him [Yahweh]:

it would better read for the sake of our English: "but the throne of Yahweh and of the Lamb Jesus with his fellow servants shall be in it and shall serve him [Yahweh]:

that based upon verse 9: "Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."

Vengle,

If you get this then the following will bring it altogether showing forth the true Alpha and Omega.

"To him that overcometh" (Jesus & Saints) — The appeal was to the hidden minority in Laodicea as it is here!

"Will I grant to sit with me in my throne"

These words are preliminary to the vision that follows in the next chapter. See also the promise of Rev. 2:26; 20:4; 22:5; Matt. 19:28; 2 Tim. 2:12.

"Even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne"

These words are preliminary to the vision of the next chapter, in which John saw a "throne in heaven" (Rev. 4:2).

This throne, though occupied by Christ, constitutes the "throne of Yahweh" (cp. Jer. 3:17).

And yes you are right in saying we shall reign with Jesus on earth upon Yahwehs Throne!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Rev 3:19 for context.

"As many as I (Yahweh) love, I (Yahweh) rebuke and chasten"

See the exhortation of Heb. 12:5-12. Yahweh treats members of community as wise parents will their sons.

Of course if we beleived in the Trinity we would have God chastening Himself :wacko:

Now where is that verse about God Disciplining His son? Heb 5:8 I believe.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moving on. . . Jesus is Yahweh. . .

Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Notice the bold type. Yahweh is the one speaking. Yahweh says that he is the one pierced. John applies this prophesy to Jesus.

Joh 19:36 For these things took place that the Scripture might be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken."
Joh 19:37 And again another Scripture says, "They will look on him whom they have pierced."

Jesus is Yahweh.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
When it is so obvious they cannot see what is right under their own nose it does try to make me feel bad for them (especially when I have the joy of partaking as I did this night). And yet I know that is a problem they are having humbling themselves else Yahweh would reveal the Son to them that they might then learn of Him.

Not at all like we have not faced that same struggle at some point and even over again. But we conquer it because we have the desire to do so and that God will give us help with. Not always easy help, either. :rolleyes:

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
i am grateful to Nomad for bringing Revelation up !!! :lol:

Hi Vengle

Almost my bedtime.

In considering the events of the day I declare my Father has noticeably done great things during our discussion.

Thankfully He has provided the wisdom to repel the fiery darts of the wicked and thier many unlearned questions.

But how so?

When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. (Proverbs 16:7)

Yahweh knows our struggles in the flesh; however He also sees we have chosen to please Him and not man or their many creeds.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. (1 Corinthians 3:19,20,21)

But rather the true children of God are likened to Samuel and Jesus:

“Now the boy Samuel was growing in stature and in favor both with the Lord and with men' (1Sa 2:26). 'And the child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him' (Luke 2:40). 'And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men' (Luke 2:52)"

If only the apologists of this age would heed Paul’s warnings many more could be saved. Let no Nomad deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. (1 Corinthians 3:18)

May I be a fool to your Trinity that we "all" may be found wise in him.

Goodnight

When it is so obvious they cannot see what is right under their own nose it does try to make me feel bad for them (especially when I have the joy of partaking as I did this night). And yet I know that is a problem they are having humbling themselves else Yahweh would reveal the Son to them that they might then learn of Him.

Not at all like we have not faced that same struggle at some point and even over again. But we conquer it because we have the desire to do so and that God will give us help with. Not always easy help, either. :rolleyes:

Gentle, sincere, good and true...qualities of the Master.