Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Just shining the Light of Truth on the Lies, deceit & darkness of Mormonism. The whole religous cult is built around spiritual fabrications deception.
^This is not what you are dong.

You have been given TONS of bad information about what "Mormons" believe and act. It is GROSSLY inaccurate.
None of that^ is your fault.

But when you come to me, on one hand saying how you believe truth is so important to you, but on the other hand clinging to all this bad information and shunning anything else. It really defeats your own position. Add to that the continual blind personal attacks, it really gives the impression you don't care about truthfulness at all, and that you're very insecure about what it is you do believe.

Again, I don't remotely hold you believing unknowingly given bad information against you. I try to approach this conversation with patience and kindness. I love talking about Christ, people's beliefs, and anything rejoicing about faith. But your behavior here is... honestly I find it very silly. You can do it if you want- that is your right. But that only solidifies my perception of it.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I totally acknowledge that you believe EGW's perspectives are defensible using scripture. Totally acknowledging it and in no way attacking you for that.
Inclusion of this perspective does makes you not sola Biblia though.
You have things back to front. I don't defend "EGW's perspectives" at all. Any defense of SDA beliefs has nothing to do with EGW. I defend SDA beliefs from scripture. That EGW agrees with them is neither here nor there. She said repeatedly that the Bible, not her writings, was the basis for Christian faith and practice.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have things back to front. I don't defend "EGW's perspectives" at all. Any defense of SDA beliefs has nothing to do with EGW. I defend SDA beliefs from scripture. That EGW agrees with them is neither here nor there. She said repeatedly that the Bible, not her writings, was the basis for Christian faith and practice.
I readily acknowledge your beliefs there. While I obviously am not SDA myself and have some disagreements, there is a lot about the SDA people and their beliefs I do admire. I used to live across the street from an SDA church and have studied those belief to some extent (from members and writings themselves, obviously).

Reactions: brakelite

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that they make cartoons should be a warning to you.
Fact: your search largely pulled up the same cartoon. This cartoon was not made by LDS Christians at all, but instead by "anti cult" Christians whom loaded the entire thing with false information. Literally every sentence of it (even the title) contains untruth.
I don't care if anyone disagrees with anyone else's beliefs. But let us try to be factual as to what those beliefs actually are.
Again, more bad information, even down to the title of this. If you want me to go more in depth, just ask.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as an Arminian it doesn't matter to you; Christ's blood would be worthless unless you made it work.

we could do sticks and stones all day, but it seems to me that only people who agree 100% with the God you believe in is true.
i am not an Arminian or calvinist. OSAS

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer my questions. I believe rather that the Bible as written is simply the body of Jesus hanging dead on the cross before he resurrected. People without being led by the Holy Spirit read the Bible and get nothing or wrong answers because what they have consumed is NOT quickened in them. The dead book of the Bible alone will save no one. How can Bibles in bookstores or in libraries save people if no person has ever even opened one of them?

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The letter of the Bible, any Bible in any language or in any version, is dead and the dead cannot give Life to anyone. This is why we needed a Savior. This is why we needed Jesus, the Word of God. Jesus saved not one person by his death. By his death he simply opened a closed Door/Gate allowing access to the Tree of Life. Only overcomers can eat of the Tree of Life!

Any one reading the bible gains value if they have an open mind. The holy spirit leads us to deeper understanding of the bible.

No one is quickened by the holy spirit until born again.

Reactions: tzcho2

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you would have us believe that you, who are not a Mormon, are a Christian/follower of Jesus because you say so. Why should your testimony be accepted and the testimony of @Jane_Doe22 be rejected? Is truth determined by a majority vote?

You don't even want to really listen to her part. Rather you presume that all of the worst things you have heard or believed with regard to Mormons in general and Joseph Smith are part and parcel of her. How does that attitude differ from the attitude in this verse against Jesus?

"And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils." Mark 3:22

The scribes were the ones who wrote down the scriptures preparing new scrolls to replace the old ones as they wore out. They certainly knew the scriptures as perhaps you do. What is the difference? Why would they be wrong about Jesus and why then would you be correct about @Jane_Doe22 ?

Why is your Bible knowledge better than that of those scribes?
Loads of compromise, drivel, false accusations, assumptions, pragmatism, fabrications, failure to endure sound doctrine, patronizing, failure to understand the Gospel, and a huge lack of mature biblical discernment in the above.

Obviously you don't know the Gospel of Christ or true conversion yourself.

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
^This is not what you are dong.

You have been given TONS of bad information about what "Mormons" believe and act. It is GROSSLY inaccurate.
None of that^ is your fault.

But when you come to me, on one hand saying how you believe truth is so important to you, but on the other hand clinging to all this bad information and shunning anything else. It really defeats your own position. Add to that the continual blind personal attacks, it really gives the impression you don't care about truthfulness at all, and that you're very insecure about what it is you do believe.

Again, I don't remotely hold you believing unknowingly given bad information against you. I try to approach this conversation with patience and kindness. I love talking about Christ, people's beliefs, and anything rejoicing about faith. But your behavior here is... honestly I find it very silly. You can do it if you want- that is your right. But that only solidifies my perception of it.

You post lies about Mormonism trying to pretend it is Christian --but it's information came from satanic spirits, the bible calls this type of false teachings (1Tim 4:1 )"doctrines of demons" that speak contrary to the Truth & attack the Word of God. Mormonism preaches a False gospel. Get free of it.

Sorry it's not 1950?? LOL! None of the teachings about Mormonism is hidden, we get it from the source itself, not by any websites about it.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact: your search largely pulled up the same cartoon. This cartoon was not made by LDS Christians at all, but instead by "anti cult" Christians whom loaded the entire thing with false information. Literally every sentence of it (even the title) contains untruth.
I don't care if anyone disagrees with anyone else's beliefs. But let us try to be factual as to what those beliefs actually are.

Again, more bad information, even down to the title of this. If you want me to go more in depth, just ask.
No need I have spoken to many confused Mormons across the country...I know what they hold

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need I have spoken to many confused Mormons across the country...I know what they hold
Had a family of them in my first church. He (the son who was in his 40's) shared it's teaching with me and others. One thing noted is how those in it will deny the teachings that are well known by others, well known publicly, and they will lie and say "No, that's not true" &c.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[

You post lies about Mormonism trying to pretend it is Christian --but it's information came from satanic spirits, the bible calls this type of false teachings (1Tim 4:1 )"doctrines of demons" that speak contrary to the Truth & attack the Word of God. Mormonism preaches a False gospel. Get free of it.

Sorry it's not 1950?? LOL! None of the teachings about Mormonism is hidden, we get it from the source itself, not by any websites about it.
Had a family of them in my first church. He (the son who was in his 40's) shared it's teaching with me and others. One thing noted is how those in it will deny the teachings that are well known by others, well known publicly, and they will lie and say "No, that's not true" &c.
Again, rather than getting facts straight or even addressing what I say, you all are rejoicing in bad information and slandering folks. Which is your choice, and I really don't care. But I also can't take any of you seriously when you claim to care about truth. And this coming right after the anti-calvinist thread of where all of you were target by that same blind mudslinging (which I protested against repeatedly) makes it all the more ridiculous. So all in all, this conversation is just downright silly and hypocritical. And I'm bored with it..

B

brakelite

It is very misguided opinion you state & contrary to the Bible to tell people that they can be in a False cult that preaches a complete Corruption of Christianity that is at variance to JESUS teachings and tell them that they are Saved too. SDA is also a corruption of Christian teachings also, so it does not surprise that you are supporting Mormonism deception.
Tell me something. When was it do you think that Luther was saved? Was it not when he discovered the truth of justification by faith? Where was he when that took place? Was he not still a Catholic priest preaching perverted Catholic doctrine from a pulpit dedicated to the propagation of antichrist lies and deceptions? Yet according to your spiel above, you would have us all believe that Luther was never saved until such time as he learned all the truth and came out completely from the Catholic church. Yet what happened? Luther rejected the teachings of Calvin. Calvin rejected the teachings of Smith. In fact, none of the reformers learned anything beyond what God had revealed to them, not accepting any new light at all. The reformation itself stalled big time, and the so called Protestant church is now returning to Mother as fast as they can organise a meeting. Are they all also unsaved according to you because they are ostensibly still in many essential ways, still Catholic?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons are similar to Arminians. When you zero in scripturally they are like nailing jello to the wall.They claim oh no, we do not believe thus and such...but they do believe those very errors.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons are similar to Arminians. When you zero in scripturally they are like nailing jello to the wall.They claim oh no, we do not believe thus and such...but they do believe those very errors.
I find the key to understanding any group (including Calvinists) is to really listen to them.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead book of the Bible alone will save no one.
Actually , the Bible testifies of Itself that it is not dead but it is Living & Active. There is a reason it is called Holy scripture, it is God-breathed after all, and it testifies to itself through Paul's writings. The Holy Spirit is the author of the Word.

2 Tim 3: 16 "16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction , for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 So that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work...."

Hebrews 4:12 "12 For the Word of GOD is Living and Active. Sharper then Any Double-edged sword, Sharper than Any Double-edged sword, It Pierces Even To Dividing the Soul and Spirit, Joints and marrow. IT JUDGES the THOUGHTS and INTENTIONS of the Heart. "

1 Corinthians 2:9-13: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: ...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." (KJV)

1 Thessalonians 2:13: "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."
(KJV)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have lost all credibility.
I'm sorry that this offends you, but the sources you have gotten information from gave you really bad info. I am OCD honest, and hence need to say that. I don't say it to assault the personal character of these persons, I find that many of these people have no idea the information is bad and are honestly have good intentions in sharing it. But it's still bad info.

If it "destroys my credibility" to be honest, I really can't help your perception that way. And since you started this conversation (with zero prior information about me) already declaring me a liar, deceived, etc, really don't think this "loss of creditably" has anything to actually do with me. Rather it's more that you're just prejudging based on labels (which are based on said false information), and there's nothing I can do about. So I really just don't care. I'm just going to continue being OCD truthful.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the key to understanding any group (including Calvinists) is to really listen to them.
For you to have a living hope, you need to;
1] care about truth

2] Understand the biblical Jesus

3] Leave the false teachings of the liar Joseph Smith

4] Come to Jesus savingly.....the biblical Jesus, part of the trinity.