Christendom's Teachings verses the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of dodge, I noticed neither of you touched her plain questions written in English.

You want the verse to mean what your doctrine says despite reason and a plain reading of the text.
It’s easily explained. Unfortunately it’s a violation of forum rules to get into that discussion.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say; "hell was well known by the time of Jesus."? Are you sure? Was "the time of Jesus" 725 years after Jesus died? Just because a word is in 'modern' bibles and red ink, doesn't mean it ever crossed the lips of Jesus, or anyone else.

GOOGLE question; "when was the word hell invented?"

GOOGLE's answer;
About 17,400,000 results (0.46 seconds)

The modern English word hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (first attested around 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period.
Wow! taking about nit picking! It was called shell or hades in Jesus day. the place of the dead. Hell is the English word. YOu really need to stop straining out gnats and swallowing camels!

Reactions: Jim B

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It sure seems so. From what I’ve seen of her posts you need to be fluent in Greek and Hebrew to read the Bible and everyone’s doctrine (except hers) is the result of bad translations.
I am beginning to feel sorry for you RLT.....when all you can do is attack and whine like a child to a fellow sympathiser, who himself never scripturally supports a thing he posts......because you cannot defend your beliefs, we know that there is no defence.....you both have beliefs that you cannot sustain scripturally. When shown the proof of the errors in translation by referring to the original languages of the Bible, you protest as if a favoured translation is all you need.....but how can you trust the translators when they were already indoctrinated by Christendom? Bias in translation is so easy to expose, using Christendom’s own resources....but like the Pharisees all you can do is attack instead of defend. If you can’t defend your beliefs, why are you here?
You run away from the most basic questions and attempt to create a distraction by complaining. I can’t alter the truth to make you feel better......that is not why I’m here. The truth is important to me, as I assume it is important to you, the difference is I do my homework.....I am an avid researcher, and I dig way deeper than most who think a surface knowledge is enough. The enemy we are supposed to fight, feeds on ignorance.....and masquerades as a friend.....we can’t just open the door....and invite him in for coffee....coffee:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am beginning to feel sorry for you RLT.....when all you can do is attack and whine like a child to a fellow sympathiser, who himself never scripturally supports a thing he posts......because you cannot defend your beliefs, we know that there is no defence.....you both have beliefs that you cannot sustain scripturally. When shown the proof of the errors in translation by referring to the original languages of the Bible, you protest as if a favoured translation is all you need.....but how can you trust the translators when they were already indoctrinated by Christendom? Bias in translation is so easy to expose, using Christendom’s own resources....but like the Pharisees all you can do is attack instead of defend. If you can’t defend your beliefs, why are you here?
You run away from the most basic questions and attempt to create a distraction by complaining. I can’t alter the truth to make you feel better......that is not why I’m here. The truth is important to me, as I assume it is important to you, the difference is I do my homework.....I am an avid researcher, and I dig way deeper than most who think a surface knowledge is enough. The enemy we are supposed to fight, feeds on ignorance.....and masquerades as a friend.....we can’t just open the door....and invite him in for coffee....coffee:
We are so blessed to have you. It seems you have reached enlightenment.

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was Christendom's adoption of the concept of "hellfire" from the Greeks, and also involved their belief in immortal souls who could be tortured after death that explain why there is no "hell of eternal torment" in the scriptures. The Bible has no such place of eternal torture...just eternal death.....because one has to be alive to feel pain....the dead are dead, according to Eccl 9:5, 6, 10.....the dead are in an completely unconscious state.
As I've said; I believe the body is dead/"perished" and undergoing decay/"corruption" back into "dust" or "ashes". The soul in the grave is unconscious/sleeping. And that's what your Eccl 9:5, 6, 10 verses are referring to. You are applying them to the body and spirit it appears. But the soul is awaiting a "works" judgment for the things done in/with the body. Since the body is dead there can be no more works done by the soul or body. And death occurs when the spirit departs and returns to God from which it came.

ECC 12:7 and the dust [flesh/body] returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

The meaning given to the word “hell” is that portrayed in Dante’s Divine Comedy and Milton’s Paradise Lost, which meaning is completely foreign to the original definition of the word. The idea of a “hell” of fiery torment, however, dates back long before Dante or Milton. The Grolier Universal Encyclopedia, under “Hell” says: Hindus and Buddhists regard hell as a place of spiritual cleansing and final restoration. Islamic tradition considers it as a place of everlasting punishment.” The idea of suffering after death is found among the pagan religious teachings of ancient peoples in Babylon and Egypt. Babylonian and Assyrian beliefs depicted the “nether world . . . as a place full of horrors, . . . presided over by gods and demons of great strength and fierceness. Although ancient Egyptian religious texts do not teach that the burning of any individual victim would go on forever, they do portray the “Other World” as featuring “pits of fire” for “the damned.”
:vgood:
I cannot understand why anyone would think a loving God would torture anyone eternally....what is the point of punishment for its own sake?
Under God's law punishment was in line with the severity of the crime....where is the justice in an eternity of suffering for a short lifetime of sin? And its inherited sin at that! :IDK:And punishment was often meant to lead one to repent and so as then to receive forgiveness.

I would never worship a cruel and unjust God...
I believe the "why.... is called 'INDOCTRINATED'. They don't believe in the biblical NOUN of punishment. They believe in the unbiblical verb of 'ETERNAL PUNISHING'. There is no such thing. It is simply eternal torture worse than an ETERNAL AUSCHWITZ. And their view of HELL is run by a God who tortures with even more cruelty than Hitler. At least temporal death freed the Jews from Hitler.

I did worship the "cruel and unjust God" of that mindset. Because that's what I was taught from childhood to believe was the treuth. Just as my parents, their parents ect. ect. And did He still use me? Yes He did. But was it to the measure that man is capable and called to attain to? I'm saying...NO!

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow! taking about nit picking! It was called shell or hades in Jesus day. the place of the dead. Hell is the English word. YOu really need to stop straining out gnats and swallowing camels!
Wow...how many camels have you gulped down in your lifetime I wonder.....?

“Sheol” and “hades” are indeed the abode of the dead...and all the dead are still in them.
John 5:28-29...
“Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.” (ESV)
How can the dead come out of their tombs if they are not still in them? Look who comes out of those graves at the resurrection....both good and evil....so some previously faithful ones are granted life, but those who have committed evil deeds will come forth for a period of judgment. So at death, no immediate judgment is given....all go to the same place.....Sheol... the common grave of all mankind.

Rev 20:13-13 tells us that those who ended up in a watery grave will come out of their final resting place just as those in more traditional graves, will......then “death and hades” are thrown into the “lake of fire” to be destroyed forever.

Reactions: Hillsage

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For all the effort I wonder if anyone else reads our posts but you and me and maybe two other people.
There are many on this site who are readers not posters, so we will never know...it’s a case of “casting your bread upon the waters”...isn’t it?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many on this site who are readers not posters, so we will never know...it’s a case of “casting your bread upon the waters”...isn’t it?
I haven’t seen any posts from people who are changing their beliefs based on what you or I posted

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven’t seen any posts from people who are changing their beliefs based on what you or I posted
There is a two fold purpose to the message RLT.....to give a “witness” about the Kingdom that will “come” and change forever the way mankind lives on this earth.....so people will either accept that message or reject it, but no one will be able to plead ignorance....the message itself is the basis for judgment...they will receive no other witness. (Matt 24:14)

Stumbling over the messenger is what the people did to Noah....he looked like fool building this enormous structure out in the middle of a cleared field. Indications are that it had never rained before the flood, so he was actually warning them about something that had never happened before. It seemed so unlikely that they just dismissed his words without hesitation. The whole population didn’t believe him, so maybe they figured that there was safety in numbers......appearances can be deceptive. God’s people have always been an unpopular minority.
Unless you know what the Bible says in its entirety, you would not be aware of its many truths.

“Just like the days of Noah” Jesus said......history would repeat......Noah preached to the people of his day, but not a soul responded, yet when the water started to swirl around their knees, do you think none of them thought about the warning that Noah gave to them, and the opportunity they had to be saved? There was no excuse. Same today.

Noah and his family lost all their other relatives...his daughters-in-law would have had parents and siblings lost in the flood, and yet there was no mourning for them ever mentioned. We cannot cry for those whom God takes away as unworthy of a place in his Kingdom.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a two fold purpose to the message RLT.....to give a “witness” about the Kingdom that will “come” and change forever the way mankind lives on this earth.....so people will either accept that message or reject it, but no one will be able to plead ignorance....the message itself is the basis for judgment...they will receive no other witness. (Matt 24:14)

Stumbling over the messenger is what the people did to Noah....he looked like fool building this enormous structure out in the middle of a cleared field. Indications are that it had never rained before the flood, so he was actually warning them about something that had never happened before. It seemed so unlikely that they just dismissed his words without hesitation. The whole population didn’t believe him, so maybe they figured that there was safety in numbers......appearances can be deceptive. God’s people have always been an unpopular minority.
Unless you know what the Bible says in its entirety, you would not be aware of its many truths.

“Just like the days of Noah” Jesus said......history would repeat......Noah preached to the people of his day, but not a soul responded, yet when the water started to swirl around their knees, do you think none of them thought about the warning that Noah gave to them, and the opportunity they had to be saved? There was no excuse. Same today.

Noah and his family lost all their other relatives...his daughters-in-law would have had parents and siblings lost in the flood, and yet there was no mourning for them ever mentioned. We cannot cry for those whom God takes away as unworthy of a place in his Kingdom.
It seems the only way to make peace with you is to agree with you and I just don’t. I don’t agree at all that only 144,000 will go to heaven. I don’t believe there are two classes of Christians (the heavenly hope and the earthly hope). Your arguments do not persuade me. My girlfriend didn’t persuade me. There are many other details I disagree with you about I won’t go into ( you have posted more than enough for everyone to see). You dismiss the things posted about JWs and you compare yourself to Jesus and the disciples and now Noah. No matter how much you study I don’t believe you’ve reached these conclusions on your own. You say the same thing other JWs say. Tigger 2 is an example. You don’t consider at all that you could be wrong and you think you are superior to all the scholars and translators that worked on the Bible. The people responsible for every translation of the Bible (except the New World Translation) would all have to be in on a conspiracy to keep God’s name out of the Bible and a conspiracy to make Jesus God. Even Westcott and Hort would have to be in on it, it’s just not possible. I said before you were an excellent apologist for JWs beliefs but you couldn’t accept that and insisted they weren’t JWs beliefs they were the truth. Well you are entitled to your beliefs but I don’t believe that JWs are the sole correct religion and I believe you are going to be in for a rude awakening one day. You will say the same about me. So be it. Peace to you. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Your story about how you became a JW was very revealing. You were let down by a poor pastor and Church and you found comfort in JWs beliefs. Anyone could understand that and I’m sorry you had that bad experience. I have been hurt more by people who claimed to be Christians than by anyone else so I can sympathize. There are many who don’t practice what they preach. As I’ve said before the JWs that I know are good people and I hope they are not condemned for their error.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No matter how much you study I don’t believe you’ve reached these conclusions on your own. You say the same thing other JWs say. Tigger 2 is an example.
This is the unity that was to identify Christ's true disciples....(1 Cor 1:10)...disunity is proof that God's spirit is not in Christendom. He does not speak with a forked tongue...its the other fella who does that. He doesnt tell one denomination one thing and then tell a different story to another.....it is satan who is the master of confusion.....not God.

When Jesus says "I never knew you" he is not just talking about those within the various disunited churches....he is speaking about the "weeds" planted by the devil, whose power to deceive is completely underestimated by too many people. It is the whole religious system that is corrupted, just as satan corrupted the Jewish faith in Jesus' day. He told the Pharisees that they were "from their father the devil" and wanted to do the desires of their father....."a liar and the father of the lie".
You don’t consider at all that you could be wrong and you think you are superior to all the scholars and translators that worked on the Bible. The people responsible for every translation of the Bible (except the New World Translation) would all have to be in on a conspiracy to keep God’s name out of the Bible and a conspiracy to make Jesus God. Even Westcott and Hort would have to be in on it, it’s just not possible.
This "whole world" is part of a conspiracy that most do not even contemplate...the devil's greatest weapon in this conspiracy, is ignorance.
When the apostle John wrote...
"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." How much of the "whole world" would dodge his deceptions? How many kingdoms of the world are not under his control and influence? (Luke 4:5-6)
You seem to have no idea about what we are dealing with in this "time of the end".....but your beliefs are yours to embrace as you see fit.

You have your beliefs and I have mine. Your story about how you became a JW was very revealing. You were let down by a poor pastor and Church and you found comfort in JWs beliefs. Anyone could understand that and I’m sorry you had that bad experience. I have been hurt more by people who claimed to be Christians than by anyone else so I can sympathize. There are many who don’t practice what they preach. As I’ve said before the JWs that I know are good people and I hope they are not condemned for their error.
Well, if you remember my story, I wasn't let down by one pastor...I was let down by the entire church system.....after my father died, I tried many churches with different pastors, and none of them rang true....all were just carbon copies of the others and taught the same lies under a different banner. I even tried the Mormons, but found them to be way out of the ballpark, so Jehovah's Witnesses were the last people on earth that I expected to teach me anything. I did not seek them out...they found me....because they were the only ones out looking....I hope you understand what that means....

To see how they answered all my questions from the Bible was new, as none of the others offered me anything but platitudes and empty suggestions.
And as I have said before....there is no compulsion for you to believe a word I say....but there is an obligation on my part to tell the truth.
So I guess my job is done....:IDK:
What more is there to say....?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the unity that was to identify Christ's true disciples....(1 Cor 1:10)...disunity is proof that God's spirit is not in Christendom. He does not speak with a forked tongue...its the other fella who does that. He doesnt tell one denomination one thing and then tell a different story to another.....it is satan who is the master of confusion.....not God.

When Jesus says "I never knew you" he is not just talking about those within the various disunited churches....he is speaking about the "weeds" planted by the devil, whose power to deceive is completely underestimated by too many people. It is the whole religious system that is corrupted, just as satan corrupted the Jewish faith in Jesus' day. He told the Pharisees that they were "from their father the devil" and wanted to do the desires of their father....."a liar and the father of the lie".

This "whole world" is part of a conspiracy that most do not even contemplate...the devil's greatest weapon in this conspiracy, is ignorance.
When the apostle John wrote...
"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." How much of the "whole world" would dodge his deceptions? How many kingdoms of the world are not under his control and influence? (Luke 4:5-6)
You seem to have no idea about what we are dealing with in this "time of the end".....but your beliefs are yours to embrace as you see fit.

Well, if you remember my story, I wasn't let down by one pastor...I was let down by the entire church system.....after my father died, I tried many churches with different pastors, and none of them rang true....all were just carbon copies of the others and taught the same lies under a different banner. I even tried the Mormons, but found them to be way out of the ballpark, so Jehovah's Witnesses were the last people on earth that I expected to teach me anything. I did not seek them out...they found me....because they were the only ones out looking....I hope you understand what that means....

To see how they answered all my questions from the Bible was new, as none of the others offered me anything but platitudes and empty suggestions.
And as I have said before....there is no compulsion for you to believe a word I say....but there is an obligation on my part to tell the truth.
So I guess my job is done....:IDK:
What more is there to say....?
That kind of unity can only be reached by following the leader. You didn’t reach those conclusions on your own.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Sheol” and “hades” are indeed the abode of the dead...and all the dead are still in them.
John 5:28-29...
“Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.” (ESV)
How can the dead come out of their tombs if they are not still in them? Look who comes out of those graves at the resurrection....both good and evil....so some previously faithful ones are granted life, but those who have committed evil deeds will come forth for a period of judgment. So at death, no immediate judgment is given....all go to the same place.....Sheol... the common grave of all mankind.
Yes and sheol was divided into three compartments-- Tartarus, the place of torment, and Abrahams Bosom. Now when a believer dies their body goes into teh ground, but their soul and spirit go to be with the Lord as God declared through Paul in Corinthians
Rev 20:13-13 tells us that those who ended up in a watery grave will come out of their final resting place just as those in more traditional graves, will......then “death and hades” are thrown into the “lake of fire” to be destroyed forever.
Thats just their body- sorry Aunty but you have rejected the word of God that man has an immaterial soul and the believer has his spirit made alive again at their rebirth when they trusted in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus from the dead. but because you reject Jesus physically rose- you are not able to see these other truths.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes and sheol was divided into three compartments-- Tartarus, the place of torment, and Abrahams Bosom. Now when a believer dies their body goes into teh ground, but their soul and spirit go to be with the Lord as God declared through Paul in Corinthians
You make these statements as if they are irrefutable truth.....yet no scripture accompanies your claims.
Where does it say in the Bible that “Sheol is divided into three compartments”?
What did the ancient Jews (as opposed to the later apostate Jews) understand “Sheol” to be?
Solomon told us...
“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. . . . Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” (Eccl 9:5, 10)
Sheol there, is translated in the KJV as “the grave”.

No one in the grave is alive....they don’t know anything...they can’t work, think, or exercise wisdom in that place. Verse 6 actually tells us that even their “love” has already “perished” along with other emotions. How does a person’s love “perish” at death if the soul continues to live?

Tartarus is a figurative place for the demons who sinned in Noah’s day.
2 Peter 2:4...
“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment”. (KJV)
“Hell” there is “Tartarus”...not a place where humans go. It’s a place reserved for satan’s cronies.
Atrocious mistranslation creates false beliefs.....you have swallowed them.

“The bosom of Abraham” according to Jewish belief was a position of favour with God. Abraham being the forefather of all Israel, created a position of favour with God that they counted on to feel secure in their lives even when they defected from his truth.
John the Baptist exposed this belief for what it was....
Matt 3:7-10...
“But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to ourfather: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (KJV)

The human breast is used in the Scriptures to denote closeness, intimacy, and favor.
The expression “bosom position” alludes to one’s reclining in front of another person on the same couch at a meal. (John 13:25; John 21:20)

In Bible times, guests reclined for their meals rather that sitting on a chair at a table.....the lay on their left side with a pillow supporting their left elbow, leaving the right arm free. Usually three persons occupied each couch, but there could be as many as five. The head of each one would be on or near the breast, or bosom, as it were, of the person behind him. The person with no one at his back was considered in the highest position and the one next to him in the second place of honor.
The apostle John had that position at the last supper as the cited scriptures above indicate.

So I challenge your assumption of three “compartments” in Sheol/hades for which there is no scriptural evidence apart from a horribly misinterpreted parable of Jesus, which had nothing to do with ‘life after death’ which Jewish scripture did not teach.
Thats just their body- sorry Aunty but you have rejected the word of God that man has an immaterial soul and the believer has his spirit made alive again at their rebirth when they trusted in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus from the dead. but because you reject Jesus physically rose- you are not able to see these other truths.
Where does it say that ? Where will I find the doctrine of an immortal soul in scripture ?
Please find me any verse in the Bible that uses the words “immortal soul” side by side.....
A “soul” in the Bible is a living, breathing creature....both man and animals are called “souls”....never is it said to be immaterial. Both live and die the same death....both go to the same place. (Eccl 3:19-20)

Jews believed in a future resurrection...not in a continuation of life after death. Even Job believed in the resurrection...
Job 14:14-15...
“If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.”
(KJV)

“shall he live again” doesn’t mean “shall he go on living in another form, in another place”.....”shall he live again” means a resurrection as Job says....”thou shall call and I will answer thee”....like it says in John 5:28-29....Jesus calls the dead from their graves....Job will be among them, along with his entire family, reunited in a beautiful new world under the rule of God’s Kingdom.

When Jesus went to raise his friend Lazarus, where did he say Lazarus was....(John 11:11-14)
He said that Lazarus was “sleeping”.

Where did his sister think his future life would be restored? (John 11: 23-24)
What is “the resurrection at the last day”. She was Jewish....she answered according to Jewish belief.

Where on earth do you get your information...? Certainly NOT from the Bible....hmmx1:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make these statements as if they are irrefutable truth.....yet no scripture accompanies your claims.
Where does it say in the Bible that “Sheol is divided into three compartments”?
What did the ancient Jews (as opposed to the later apostate Jews) understand “Sheol” to be?
Solomon told us...
“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. . . . Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” (Eccl 9:5, 10)
Sheol there, is translated in the KJV as “the grave”.

No one in the grave is alive....they don’t know anything...they can’t work, think, or exercise wisdom in that place. Verse 6 actually tells us that even their “love” has already “perished” along with other emotions. How does a person’s love “perish” at death if the soul continues to live?

Tartarus is a figurative place for the demons who sinned in Noah’s day.
2 Peter 2:4...
“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment”. (KJV)
“Hell” there is “Tartarus”...not a place where humans go. It’s a place reserved for satan’s cronies.
Atrocious mistranslation creates false beliefs.....you have swallowed them.

“The bosom of Abraham” according to Jewish belief was a position of favour with God. Abraham being the forefather of all Israel, created a position of favour with God that they counted on to feel secure in their lives even when they defected from his truth.
John the Baptist exposed this belief for what it was....
Matt 3:7-10...
“But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to ourfather: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (KJV)

The human breast is used in the Scriptures to denote closeness, intimacy, and favor.
The expression “bosom position” alludes to one’s reclining in front of another person on the same couch at a meal. (John 13:25; John 21:20)

In Bible times, guests reclined for their meals rather that sitting on a chair at a table.....the lay on their left side with a pillow supporting their left elbow, leaving the right arm free. Usually three persons occupied each couch, but there could be as many as five. The head of each one would be on or near the breast, or bosom, as it were, of the person behind him. The person with no one at his back was considered in the highest position and the one next to him in the second place of honor.
The apostle John had that position at the last supper as the cited scriptures above indicate.

So I challenge your assumption of three “compartments” in Sheol/hades for which there is no scriptural evidence apart from a horribly misinterpreted parable of Jesus, which had nothing to do with ‘life after death’ which Jewish scripture did not teach.

Where does it say that ? Where will I find the doctrine of an immortal soul in scripture ?
Please find me any verse in the Bible that uses the words “immortal soul” side by side.....
A “soul” in the Bible is a living, breathing creature....both man and animals are called “souls”....never is it said to be immaterial. Both live and die the same death....both go to the same place. (Eccl 3:19-20)

Jews believed in a future resurrection...not in a continuation of life after death. Even Job believed in the resurrection...
Job 14:14-15...
“If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.”
(KJV)

“shall he live again” doesn’t mean “shall he go on living in another form, in another place”.....”shall he live again” means a resurrection as Job says....”thou shall call and I will answer thee”....like it says in John 5:28-29....Jesus calls the dead from their graves....Job will be among them, along with his entire family, reunited in a beautiful new world under the rule of God’s Kingdom.

When Jesus went to raise his friend Lazarus, where did he say Lazarus was....(John 11:11-14)
He said that Lazarus was “sleeping”.

Where did his sister think his future life would be restored? (John 11: 23-24)
What is “the resurrection at the last day”. She was Jewish....she answered according to Jewish belief.

Where on earth do you get your information...? Certainly NOT from the Bible....hmmx1:
Luke 16:19-31 is not a parable. In which parables are names mentioned? There aren’t any

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 16:19-31 is not a parable. In which parables are names mentioned? There aren’t any
Oh please....Parables are what Jesus always used in his teachings"...

Matthew 13:34-35...
“All these things Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed, he said nothing to them without a parable. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet:“I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world.” (ESV)

Just because it doesn’t suit your beliefs for this one particular story to be a parable, you could try reading the preceding chapters and see when he stopped using them. What does giving his characters names in this story have to do with anything? You think it proves it’s not a parable? You can make that assumption if you like....but the story taken literally is ridiculous. Read it and see.....are heaven and hell within speaking distance to one another? Was Abraham alive according to Jewish belief?
Will a drop of water really cool the tongue of someone in a burning fire? Really? :no reply:

Jews had no belief in life after death....so why would Jesus use as an illustration, something that his Father never taught? You want to promote your immortal soul doctrine but there is not one single verse in the Bible that speaks of an “immortal soul”...it’s an oxymoron.....a “soul” in the Bible is never a disembodied spirit....it is a living, breathing, material being. A “soul” can never be immortal because it is earthbound and requires external means to sustain life.....oxygen, water, food and shelter...

God offered the first humans everlasting life (not immortality) by means of a certain tree in the garden, but they never got to eat from it because of their disobedience....God barred the way to it so that death would overtake them for their defection. (Gen 3:22-24) Eviction followed...and humans would be at the mercy of the god they chose to obey....until it was time for God to finish the object lesson.

The “trees of life” are not mentioned again until Revelation where they are said to be connected to the rule of God’s kingdom and were for “the curing of the nations.” (Rev 22:1-2) Humanity will be restored to its proper place....right here on earth where God purposed for us to live forever, right at the beginning.