Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receiving the postcard from Luke is one I haven't heard before, lol.
It's never in the Bible, nor in line with the Bible.
It's one of billions of lies told from the enemy of Christians in the last 1500 years. We are not supposed to believe the messages from the enemies - that is obvious isn't it - why every message is to be tested BEFORE being accepted ? .

Like someone posted :) >>
1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Reactions: LC627

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giuliano,

For you the "word of God" appears to be a lifeless object that you pick up and read.
On what basis do you make this claim?
I study all the time and have taught adult classes in 4 different churches.
I can go anywhere you want to go in scripture, so why do you suggest what you have?
If you want to offer scriptural correction, I will look.
I did notice on the cessationist thread no one here could give the position accurately. No one knows it is the historic position of the church.

I

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke was no spirit. He was as real looking as everyone I have seen. He was so real that I did not recognize him for 17 years.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You and others make this claim, the bible and history teach otherwise.
Scripture is the rule of faith and practice, not your experience.
Allow me to ask you a question.
Years ago I stood face to face with a middle-age woman who was totally sincere and told me the angel Moroni had appeared to her in her living room, and told her the book of Mormon was a true word from God.
Angelina, if you were there how would you respond to this woman?
She had an experience that you did not have and others have made similar claims.
Would you tell her it was a good thing?
Would you pray and seek that same experience?
I would bind that demon and cast it out in Jesus mighty name. Only God has the authority to command angels....Psalms 91:11

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did notice on the cessationist thread no one here could give the position accurately. No one knows it is the historic position of the church.
point of order: "no one COULD", or no one DID ?

If no one knows it is the historic position of the church, so what ? If no one knows it, it doesn't matter, does it ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can indeed test the spirits but even the Pharisees thought Jesus had a demon. Matt 12:22-32
Who was right - the Pharisees or Jesus ?
(sort of rhetorical, for clarifying)

What book of the Bible was written specifically so the babies (new believers) could KNOW they were ALIVE IN JESUS, and not deceived ?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would bind that demon and cast it out in Jesus mighty name. Only God has the authority to command angels....Psalms 91:11

But she claimed she had an experience that you did not have, so how can question it,
here is your own words to me;

Angelina said:
Just because you have never ever experienced these things, doesn't mean they have never ever been experienced by millions of believers around the world. I am just one person out of the millions

If you say such a thing to me, how can you deny she had an angel visitation?
On what basis can you deny her experience?
Do you lack faith?
Are you limiting God?

Reactions: Joseph77

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady @Heart2Soul @rockytopva @Philip James @Prayer Warrior @marksman @historyb @Angelina @lforrest @Hidden In Him @Sabertooth @marks @Helen

If I have missed anyone feel free to jump in, Hehehe.

Maybe we can turn this into a testimony thread, feel free to share testimonies of how God has worked miracles in your life and in the lives of those around you in this thread, even feel free share what spiritual gifts God has given you.

I am just smiling from ear to ear, what a great opportunity it is to turn this thread around
. :D

God has done miracles in my life, many times and they are on the forum for all to see. I will recount one briefly here. When my Dad was taking a pastor and his wife to the airport in our van/camper there was a wind storm and the window in the big door blew out. My mom threw a blanket over the lady, her, and me but the blanket never reached me and all I could do is watch the window. A giant hand appeared in front of me and prevented the blown out window from killing me. No one was hurt and I told everyone what happened, we than drove to the insurer and than home. At home we took off my pants (I am disabled and was young so my mom helped me ) and there was sharp glass but I never got hurt.

Now I do agree with @Anthony D'Arienzo that the wof has abused and made Christianity look foolish with some of their idiocy

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who was right - the Pharisees or Jesus ?
(sort of rhetorical, for clarifying)

What book of the Bible was written specifically so the babies (new believers) could KNOW they were ALIVE IN JESUS, and not deceived ?
You are a strange person....but please tell me o_Oo_O

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody here can explain why I've decoded the Shroud of Turin + have a postcard from Luke from 17 years before.

These two things are impossible to be seen together that many years apart.
Angelina
do you think Brian got this postcard from "luke"

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a strange person....but please tell me
All of the leaders in the New Testament knew clearly and plainly, as it is written in the book itself that that is why (or one reason) that it was given by God.

1st John.

Those who read and are given understanding as written in 1st John, can see many false teachings and identify them easily on the internet, although for most of them it is most likely a waste of time, not directed by God so to do - there are other things most of the time needing to be done.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But she claimed she had an experience that you did not have, so how can question it,
here is your own words to me;

If you say such a thing to me, how can you deny she had an angel visitation?
On what basis can you deny her experience?
Do you lack faith?
Are you limiting God?

I do not understand you brother? Jesus does not need to send an angel to help us to know things of God [ clue number 1] The Holy Spirit dwells within us. The Holy Spirit speaks directly to my spirit so I am not in need of any angelic visitations [clue number 2] She believes in mormonism and I do not [clue number 3] need I go on?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I have learned in my many years of being a believer and working in a variety of ministries is not to make assumptions about a subject I have never had first hand experience in. If something is from the Spirit of God and someone questions the validity of such things, it is their opinion. If they doubt that God can move in the areas in re: to the O/P. That is fine. Just remember, God will forgive anyone who speaks a word against the *Son of Man [Jesus]. God will never forgive anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit, now or ever.
You assume I have no experience but that is an error.
You also do not understand the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but that is not the topic of this thread.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All of the leaders in the New Testament knew clearly and plainly, as it is written in the book itself that that is why (or one reason) that it was given by God.

1st John.

Those who read and are given understanding as written in 1st John, can see many false teachings and identify them easily on the internet, although for most of them it is most likely a waste of time, not directed by God so to do - there are other things most of the time needing to be done.
still cannot see your point...o_Oo_Oo_O

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still cannot see your point..

I thought there was repeatedly, in this thread and other threads/ posts/.
a
question about how to know, to KNOW, when something is true or false, .... even for a person to know themselves if

they are actually saved or not ?

in the book of 1st John. which was written to baby Christians (afaIk) , God tells the Ekklesia directly.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is knowing that Saints are as real as everyone of us are. And when they come--- to you--- it way more believable then you saying Aliens took you.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not understand you brother? Jesus does not need to send an angel to help us to know things of God [ clue number 1] The Holy Spirit dwells within us. The Holy Spirit speaks directly to my spirit so I am not in need of any angelic visitations [clue number 2] She believes in mormonism and I do not [clue number 3] need I go on?
I am not asking you if you believe in mormonism, but rather I am reading your posts.
You quested me and suggested I cannot comment on this topic because I have not had the same experience as you.
My question to you is, YOU DID NOT HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THE "ANGEL" MORONI, SO How can you deny HER experience based on what you posted to me???
Mormons claim you will experience a burning in your bosom when you come to truth, that is there experience.
I know how to answer them, but I am not sure you can.

Do you believe the Virgin Mary appeared in Lourdes France????

If not, why not?