Christian fools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nope! Christians are not fools sir, rather: (Proverbs 15:5) . . .A fool disrespects his father’s discipline, But a shrewd person accepts correction.
...professing Christian fools..slow to believe, believing some scriptures, not all..

Rom_1:22 Claiming to be chachamim (wise ones), they became kesilim (fools),

1Co_4:10 We are kesilim (fools) because of Moshiach, but you are chachamim in Moshiach; we are weak, but you are strong; you are treated with honor; we dishonor.
OJB
Shalom.
Don't you think we need to be rebuked, including myself?
Eternal destination is at stake here.

“If you will tell me when God permits a
Christian to lay aside his armour, I will tell
you when Satan has left off temptation.
Like the old knights in war time, we must
sleep with helmet and breastplate buckled
on, for the arch-deceiver will seize our
first unguarded hour to make us his prey.
The Lord keep us watchful in all seasons,
and give us a final escape from the jaw of
the lion and the paw of the bear.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously haven't listened to the teaching, hey Robert?
Blessings
J.

No sir, simply responded to your title Christian fools, in actuality although opinionated that is an oxy moron sir, there is no such thing, and actually those two terms are quite the opposite.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...professing Christian fools..slow to believe, believing some scriptures, not all..

1Co_4:10 We are kesilim (fools) because of Moshiach, but you are chachamim in Moshiach; we are weak, but you are strong; you are treated with honor; we dishonor.
OJB
Shalom.

― Charles H. Spurgeon

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OJB
Shalom.

― Charles H. Spurgeon

Did you catch the context Joe? Paul was basically comparing us through worldly wise one's eyes. A related passage might help: (1 Corinthians 3:18) . . .Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, so that he may become wise.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No sir, simply responded to your title Christian fools, in actuality although opinionated that is an oxy moron sir, there is no such thing, and actually those two terms are quite the opposite.
I do not see my alert icon flash when you comment or ask a question Robert, maybe you can tag me?
Blessings
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did you catch the context Joe? Paul was basically comparing us through worldly wise one's eyes. A related passage might help: (1 Corinthians 3:18) . . .Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, so that he may become wise.
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1) "For the wisdom of this world." (he gar sophia tou kosmou toutou) "For this world-order of wisdom" - wisdom of men of the world, who know not God and have not His Spirit, the natural man's wisdom, 1Co_2:14; 1Co_1:20-25.

2) "Is foolishness with God" (Greek moria para to theo estin) "Is folly or moronic in nature in comparison with or alongside the wisdom of God," Rom_1:21-28.

3) "For it is written." (gegraptai gar) "For it has been written" Job had written of the worldly wise, those who presumed and assumed for themselves wisdom excelling that of God, Job_5:13.

4) "He taketh the wise." (Greek ho drassomenos tous sophous) "He grasps or takes hold of the wise ones," those who flout His Word, ways, and wisdom, as Pharaoh did, as Belshazzar and Nebuchadnezzar did, and as Jonah did (Exo_14:19-28).

5) "In their own craftiness." (en te penourgia) "in the subtlety of their own presumptuous wisdom." He took Ananias and Sapphira this way, Acts 5 th Chapter.

LET MY WORDS BE FEW

Fools, hypocrites, and heathen may be identified by their multitude of words.

"God is in heaven, and thou upon earth; therefore let thy words be few." Ecc_5:2.

Sensible men show their sense by saying much in a few words. Noble actions are the substance of life, not a multitude of platitudes.

A fool's voice is known by a multitude of words. (Ecc_5:2-3) In Mat_6:1-34 Jesus asserted that hypocrites make display-prayers to be seen of men; heathen use vain repetitions for they think they shall be heard for their much speaking. Let us so act that we may not be classed with fools, hypocrites and heathen.
- 365 Sunrays of Help

CAUSE FOR STUPIDITY

A facetious Irish minister remarked upon one of his stupid brethren, "Head! he has no head; what you call a head is only a top-knot that his maker put there to keep him from raveling out."
- 6000 Windows

Garner.

Now you understand the context Robert...the what goeth before and the what followeth after...

1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
Blessings
J.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see my alert icon flash when you comment or ask a question Robert, maybe you can tag me?
Blessings
J.

I have wondered about that myself sometimes as well Joe, I am not exactly sure how to do what you are saying, I thought it was automatic when you posted a reply.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1) "For the wisdom of this world." (he gar sophia tou kosmou toutou) "For this world-order of wisdom" - wisdom of men of the world, who know not God and have not His Spirit, the natural man's wisdom, 1Co_2:14; 1Co_1:20-25.

2) "Is foolishness with God" (Greek moria para to theo estin) "Is folly or moronic in nature in comparison with or alongside the wisdom of God," Rom_1:21-28.

3) "For it is written." (gegraptai gar) "For it has been written" Job had written of the worldly wise, those who presumed and assumed for themselves wisdom excelling that of God, Job_5:13.

4) "He taketh the wise." (Greek ho drassomenos tous sophous) "He grasps or takes hold of the wise ones," those who flout His Word, ways, and wisdom, as Pharaoh did, as Belshazzar and Nebuchadnezzar did, and as Jonah did (Exo_14:19-28).

5) "In their own craftiness." (en te penourgia) "in the subtlety of their own presumptuous wisdom." He took Ananias and Sapphira this way, Acts 5 th Chapter.

LET MY WORDS BE FEW

Fools, hypocrites, and heathen may be identified by their multitude of words.

"God is in heaven, and thou upon earth; therefore let thy words be few." Ecc_5:2.

Sensible men show their sense by saying much in a few words. Noble actions are the substance of life, not a multitude of platitudes.

A fool's voice is known by a multitude of words. (Ecc_5:2-3) In Mat_6:1-34 Jesus asserted that hypocrites make display-prayers to be seen of men; heathen use vain repetitions for they think they shall be heard for their much speaking. Let us so act that we may not be classed with fools, hypocrites and heathen.
- 365 Sunrays of Help

CAUSE FOR STUPIDITY

A facetious Irish minister remarked upon one of his stupid brethren, "Head! he has no head; what you call a head is only a top-knot that his maker put there to keep him from raveling out."
- 6000 Windows

Garner.

Now you understand the context Robert...the what goeth before and the what followeth after...

1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
Blessings
J.

In your original post about Christians being fools, Paul used it in a good way was the point of the passage, we are "fools" by worldly wisdom. But in context, who was the real fools, the believers, or the wise ones of the world.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool. (2 Corinthians 11:17)

Back when I was in college, we'd have a traveling evangelist come around every spring to preach the gospel out by the fountain in the plaza behind the Student Center. The students would heckle him unmercifully. One called him a fool. I remember his response to this day, though forty years have since passed: "If I be a fool, I'll be a fool for Christ's sake. What's YOUR excuse?"