Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joined because I enjoy chatting with other people whom love Christ.

Some people here I really get along with. Some people like to engage in certain conversations/methods that I don't, so I duck out of those.
That word duck reminds me of core issue, whatever happened to him by the way?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel you....I know I have a voice to speak....I just need a place to say what He wants us to hear.

Similarly! :) Christians need a place to PARTICIPATE in strengthening ourselves and in turn also the Body of Christ, because when the manure hits the fan people will be running in ALL DIRECTIONS when they need to have already prepared themselves and their households to ENDURE. :)

WABR,
Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Similarly! :) Christians need a place to PARTICIPATE in strengthening ourselves and in turn also the Body of Christ, because when the manure hits the fan people will be running in ALL DIRECTIONS when they need to have already prepared themselves and their households to ENDURE. :)

WABR,
Bobby Jo
Does God not relate to us on an individual basis I thought that was the whole point of the cross ( reconcile ) ?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God not relate to us on an individual basis I thought that was the whole point of the cross ( reconcile ) ?

Ephes. 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ ...

Alternately:

1 Cor. 12:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty

Thus individually and corporately.
Bobby Jo

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would someone please help me reference the wedding feast of the lamb in scripture I asked BOL earlier but he wouldn't answer?

Sure,
Rev 19:9

Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God
."

As I recall, you said you were already there, to which I say: Alleluia!

Peace be with you!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, that got me laughing.
I thank God, for the gift of my wife.. Lost without her..

Sounds like you received a good one!

Thanks for the chuckle! :D
I did, I tried to hold of from telling her, but only lasted about two days. When I asked her why she stopped taking to waiting on him she said she thought he was some kinda weirdo.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure,
Rev 19:9

Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God
."

As I recall, you said you were already there, to which I say: Alleluia!

Peace be with you!
Well ok, I knew I'd read it but couldn't find it in my bible.

Thanks.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got it for you as well...
Revelation 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
⁷ Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
⁸ And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
⁹ And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
¹⁰ And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Bobby Jo beat me to it.....I mean Phillip James....lol

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephes. 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ ...

Alternately:

1 Cor. 12:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty

Thus individually and corporately.
Bobby Jo
So the parts that are considered less honorable would this be those you consider hirelings?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul
My introduction to Christian forums happened during the same period of time I was struggling to come back from 10 years away from any purposeful connection with God. I was backslid. God finally allowed me to return but with severe chastisement. I came back to the physical church group where I had been 10 years before and at about the same time I encountered and joined my first Christian Internet group with a Yahoo group. From there by necessity as forums changed, or closed, or died, I passed through probably 12 to 15 different forums. I knew what I was looking for in my heart but could not formulate it in my brain or express with my mouth or on a keyboard for some time.

I wanted an openness where I could hear from others what I did not know or understand about God and the things of God. I did not know really initially that God would want me to sometimes share things with others.

I thought I was supposed to have that openness already where was I attending offnet in a physical church building. They were better in some ways than others, but as I came to understand they had their own set of unwritten rules which also taught people to quench the Holy Spirit in favor of something... Something that turned out to be mammon... I believe that there is a lot of that mammon here on this forum too... even in me... but is there also help available to grow closer to God.

So then in the better part of 20 years on forums I have grown at least in part due to what I have heard from the multitude of views expressed in by others. The first 'good' forum was probably that CF I hear people here periodically complain about. After a good year or so there they came under new management and implemented a new rule which required a person to confirm his belief in their "Statement of faith" in order to remain a "Christian" able to participate in all of their sub-forums. Due to my refusal I was reclassified as a "non-Christian" with only limited access. The place had gotten too big anyway.

Then began the bouncing from this forum to that one through many different ones until a few years ago I was invited back to this one. I had been an inactive member here for years before the new invitation by @Angelina

Some things I don't like here, but overall there is nothing better around of which I am aware. I wish there something similar where I could visit in the flesh, but I haven't found such a critter and the Covid 19 lockdown makes further searching difficult. [I cannot return to the one where I was last.] So here I am now sometimes too much of the time.
You know brother I can relate to everything you have said....and honestly if it wasn't for this forum and my family here I may have backslidden due to all the trials I was going through.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'll try to get back on topic, I'm a little Ac/dc;
I came here to punk my wife, but shortly after I had a member to sick the Holy Spirit on me ,,,,, in tongues ( written form ) this piked my interest and is why I stay.