Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'll try to get back on topic, I'm a little Ac/dc;
I came here to punk my wife, but shortly after I had a member to sick the Holy Spirit on me ,,,,, in tongues ( written form ) this piked my interest and is why I stay.
Lol

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I joint this and other forums and groups to try find somewhere to have interesting discussions (give and take) and hopefully also find some friendship. And i specifically joint some christian ones because I am a believer and felt I should participate in a christian one rather than spending efforts in nonchristian things. I also desire to discuss truths evidences as biblical christianity these days is pretty pressured by insistent claims that bible history etc is not true or lack evidences. (One of my major interests is bible history topics.) But i have found that most forums etc on the web & net including christian ones too do have alot of people who treat some people pretty negatively and meanly. (It is also said that people dare/tend to speak/write more bad on net/web that they might in real life.) I have hardly ever found anyone in forums i get on well with and like alot. Also i find christian and other history/archaeology etc forums seem to be under certain interests influences. I am only new here and had't posted yet though have been reading some posts for a while now. I find that it seems impossible to have meaningful relationships on the net/web, esp for those of us who don't match with common views/opinions. The bible does say there will be people who sow conflict, and sheep in wolf clothing, and scoffers and mockers in the last days.
"Knowledge puffs up, Love edifies"
"Speak the truth in love".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joint this and other forums and groups to try find somewhere to have interesting discussions (give and take) and hopefully also find some friendship. And i specifically joint some christian ones because I am a believer and felt I should participate in a christian one rather than spending efforts in nonchristian things. I also desire to discuss truths evidences as biblical christianity these days is pretty pressured by insistent claims that bible history etc is not true or lack evidences. (One of my major interests is bible history topics.) But i have found that most forums etc on the web & net including christian ones too do have alot of people who treat some people pretty negatively and meanly. (It is also said that people dare/tend to speak/write more bad on net/web that they might in real life.) I have hardly ever found anyone in forums i get on well with and like alot. Also i find christian and other history/archaeology etc forums seem to be under certain interests influences. I am only new here and had't posted yet though have been reading some posts for a while now. I find that it seems impossible to have meaningful relationships on the net/web, esp for those of us who don't match with common views/opinions. The bible does say there will be people who sow conflict, and sheep in wolf clothing, and scoffers and mockers in the last days.
"Knowledge puffs up, Love edifies"
"Speak the truth in love".
Well, welcome to the forum, and the good news for you is I don't have a lot of knowledge.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I first came on a Christian forum in December 2005. It is when I graduated high school in May 2005 and was allowed to get on social media. I was really looking for support for anxiety/depression issues. I opened up about self injury on Christian Forums and really did find support and prayer. I sort of "grew up" on forums. I found this post on worthy back in 2006. I had forgot I joined on there until I went and checked it out again last month:

---Hello everyone. I am Lily00 and this is my first post here! I just figured I should just go ahead and get it out since I know it is coming sooner or later. I am nineteen years old and by the grace of God, I am still alive! I am getting through one day at a time but support would really be nice. I guess I haven't been depending on God as much as I should. About 4 years ago I had memories come back to me where I was molested when I was young ( I really don't know what is allowed here so please tell me if I need to edit this). Not wanting to believe it, I tried to ignore the feelings that were there and I just let work and school just numb out my feelings. It is true though when the Bible says, "You reap what you sow..." There comes a time when you can't numb something like that out any longer... in a desperate attempt, I stooped to self injury rather then turning to God and letting Him heal my hurting heart... It happened about a year ago and now it is so hard to stop... I learned a little to late. It has left me confused, beaten up, and with feelings of degredation and sorrow. I tried to go to therapy at school when I finally broke down and told my Mom, but the therapist graduated. I had recently went to one counseling session about 10 hours long... but it ended up being fake and more hurting then it actually helped ( I really can't go into it)... Finally I went to my "pastor" at church and though our old pastor resigned and we are recently trying to find a new pastor (financially unstable) the church wanted to help... He found me a christian counselor, she is really nice, and now I am beginning to slowly feel better about myself. I still need your prayers though. If anyone has a similar problem I would like to hear about it. I just feel so alone at times, too weak to stop or even get up... I need to build up my support system but I have always been quite a loner also and with more memories coming back... Does anyone understand this? How do you'll keep focused? God is so good and I just know He is going to break me out of my shell and help me through this. My favorite verse is Phillippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Every word is true and I have recited it a lot in past times when I have thought the wrong things. When I still do. I just need an attitude adjustment I guess. Thanks for listening. Lily00 Confusion is just a little hard I guess.-----

So in May, when I saw I had been a member there (I really had no filter. I was hurting), I was grateful to be able
to share my testimony of what God has done:

I cannot BELIEVE I was a member on here when I was just a KID, got so many kind and uplifting responses, and then have never came back on until now. I haven't been on here in 15 years, because Ive mainly been on CF and been on and off forums through my life.

But listen. This is what God did in my life. He delivered me from depression, anxiety, and self injury. I have been able to forgive my dad for the sexual abuse I endured. I am way closer to God then I was back then. And the more I leaned on Him through those difficult years, the closer I got to Him. I am completely free from self injury. I went into a Christian based program called Teen Challenge and graduated there after a year and a half. Then got some extra support from another program in Indiana. I havent self injured in over ten years now and am completely delivered from this and the shame attached from it. June I will be married for 5 years to a Christian man of God. I have a two year old daughter and am having a son due in July. I am on fire for God and so grateful for what He has done in my life. And the best part? He is still leading and guiding my path. A friend invited me on here. I forgot I joined way back, but knowing how I was searching in my teen years, I tried my old username first. And sure enough. Yep. Gave my life story on a forum of people I don't know. But I guess I am still pretty much an open person.
default_group-hug.gif
But God bless ya'll and thank you for being such a support at that time. I was really searching for answers and freedom from childhood demons. And I am definitely grateful for where I am now. I hope to stick around some now! I really love the format and kindness from the people on here. And some pretty interesting threads.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I keep forgetting my password and having to sign in under different names it's going to take me several posts to answer the question of Jesus, what is your name? Or I could give the short version, but ummm,nah.

R

Rita

Christian forums have been part of my life for some 20 years , they were a way of linking up with other believers around the world. Many of us have gone round different forums together, varied ones that either folded for different reasons or we simply moved on from. I was invited to this one a few years ago.
There are nuggets of gold within some of the threads and the Lord has used some of them. Willie use to post some of those nuggets - so I miss him as well ( I miss him generally as he became one of those I could align with )
At the moment I am fed up with the bigger birds ( @Nancy will know what I mean ! )
I also know that I don’t relate to things in the same as many here, you know they say that the UK and the USA speaks the same language - well I have discovered that our cultures are very different and that our outlooks are so different at times !
In some respects sharing a space with different cultures can be a learning and productive curve, but it can also be very draining at times as well. I don’t think it would be so bad if it were possible to be more open without those bigger birds swooping down and condemning your views or words.
I can take disagreements, and sometimes I learn through listening to other people’s thoughts ect, but when you share a space with many who are so rigid ( which is not the same as being on firm ground ) It’s difficult to want to join in and share. They have no desire to really listen to what you have to say , all they want to do is pick your words to pieces.You question whether it’s right to waste your words.
I spent so many conversations within church life where I listened to others, took notice, cared only to find that that the person I was ‘ listening to ‘ like the sound of there own voice and was only interested in their life, their prospective - it wasn’t ‘ fellowship ‘ because it was just so one sided.
However I would agree with bobby jo - we link up with many people in different environments- and this is a mixture of environments and offers different things at different times.
I don’t really like putting many on ignore, I mean when you go to church you have to mingle with many people that are not your cup of tea - but some of the bigger birds are getting in the way, so I might have to so that I don’t have to keep flying away !! Lol
Right this little bird needs to fly to work - have a blessed day everyone xx
Rita xx

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I came because I was led by the King of kings and Lord of lords...
a bit like a lamb to the slaughter, LoL. But I wear so much armor now I'm like a tank with arms and legs.
1oisfg.jpg

On my better days, I'm not even taking things seriously. But I'm still packin', just in case:

bbZ9V45pQoY8Klc21ETparMBqbvGSNuq36CfoJjygng.jpg

What a shame for such a tender-hearted soul!

2883549e9e93f4ab7477ceb920503364.jpg

Food for your thoughts, sister.

s-l300.jpg

Your post looks a bit CATaclysmic.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The main reason I am here is because I am a giver. I have been to meetings where someone has dominated everything so there was nothing I could do so I ended up washing the dishes. And if I see something that needs doing and no one is doing it, I will up and do. I don't wait until I am officially appointed to do it. I have been a greeter at the front door because no one was doing it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I came because I was led by the King of kings and Lord of lords...

a bit like a lamb to the slaughter, LoL. But I wear so much armor now I'm like a tank with arms and legs.

1oisfg.jpg

On my better days, I'm not even taking things seriously. But I'm still packin', just in case:

bbZ9V45pQoY8Klc21ETparMBqbvGSNuq36CfoJjygng.jpg

What a shame for such a tender-hearted soul!

2883549e9e93f4ab7477ceb920503364.jpg

Food for your thoughts, sister.

s-l300.jpg
Just looking at your pics... And forgive this kiwi from thinking this way, but are you sure you weren't sent here by the Lord of the rings?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when I first joined a Christian Forum it was my hope and expectation to find a place where I could find fellowship and develop friendships with like-minded Christians...a place to find encouragement and support.

It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't such an easy task to accomplish....yes there were a few that I have truly enjoyed conversing with and others I have come to love as a brother or sister.

What surprised me the most was the amount of anger and abuse exchanged between members...especially in the spiritual gifts area.

I continued to go to the forum everyday and even had hopes of being a blessing to others who were seeking the same thing as myself. However, it didn't take long for me to get defensive against the scorners and haters of my posts or threads and soon I was responding to them with the same amount of anger as they were using towards me. I had to take a few breaks away from the forums to pray and seek God about this issue...He finally helped me come to the point that I can love my brothers and sisters in Christ here even if we don't believe the same things. (I still get angry and have to take mini breaks but it's better than staying involved and becoming the very thing I am opposing.)

I am kind of ranting here without any purpose other than to express openly how many feel on this forum.

This is an open forum to many denominational doctrines of faith and we must learn to accept one another's beliefs without trying to shove our own down their throats.

I came here to find my family and my church....a place where I felt I belong.....Why did you come here?

@Helen @amadeus @Nancy @Josho...

just naming a few...to get you to come in and join the convo.:)
Hi there, @Heart2Soul,

I joined my first forum more years ago that I care to remember, for the same reasons, have had similar experiences to those you express, and have learned similar lessons: but what I am more grateful for than anything is the way that taking part in a discussion has taken my mind to the word of God, to learn what it has to say on the subjects raised. I have learned a great deal by having to do so, and find that the answer to every queried truth is there within the context, either near or far.

I do not take anything said personally now, although that was not always the case, but do wish that it were possible for sarcasm and name calling to be eradicated, so that discussion can be engaged in sensibly, and without acrimony.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when I first joined a Christian Forum it was my hope and expectation to find a place where I could find fellowship and develop friendships with like-minded Christians...a place to find encouragement and support.

It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't such an easy task to accomplish....yes there were a few that I have truly enjoyed conversing with and others I have come to love as a brother or sister.

What surprised me the most was the amount of anger and abuse exchanged between members...especially in the spiritual gifts area.

I continued to go to the forum everyday and even had hopes of being a blessing to others who were seeking the same thing as myself. However, it didn't take long for me to get defensive against the scorners and haters of my posts or threads and soon I was responding to them with the same amount of anger as they were using towards me. I had to take a few breaks away from the forums to pray and seek God about this issue...He finally helped me come to the point that I can love my brothers and sisters in Christ here even if we don't believe the same things. (I still get angry and have to take mini breaks but it's better than staying involved and becoming the very thing I am opposing.)

I am kind of ranting here without any purpose other than to express openly how many feel on this forum.

This is an open forum to many denominational doctrines of faith and we must learn to accept one another's beliefs without trying to shove our own down their throats.

I came here to find my family and my church....a place where I felt I belong.....Why did you come here?

@Helen @amadeus @Nancy @Josho...

just naming a few...to get you to come in and join the convo.:)
Hi, I came here to find fellowship too, and I’ve been searching for years. However, if I’m honest, I’m exclusivist, and cannot change that, athough I do attempt to mask it-just not well...I get extremely opinionated, angry and drawn in to arguments. We’re only human after all :)

Ps. Sorry if I’ve been offensive in any way.
This is still a much better forum than C chat though. It’s in a different league

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ps. Sorry if I’ve been offensive in any way.
Not sure if anyone has suggested that you have been offensive. But your choice of 2 Chronicles 34:19 is quite an enigma.

And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the law, that he rent his clothes.

Back to the OP, I join Christian forums primarily to share Bible truth.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian forums have been part of my life for some 20 years , they were a way of linking up with other believers around the world. Many of us have gone round different forums together, varied ones that either folded for different reasons or we simply moved on from. I was invited to this one a few years ago.
There are nuggets of gold within some of the threads and the Lord has used some of them. Willie use to post some of those nuggets - so I miss him as well ( I miss him generally as he became one of those I could align with )
At the moment I am fed up with the bigger birds ( @Nancy will know what I mean ! )
I also know that I don’t relate to things in the same as many here, you know they say that the UK and the USA speaks the same language - well I have discovered that our cultures are very different and that our outlooks are so different at times !
In some respects sharing a space with different cultures can be a learning and productive curve, but it can also be very draining at times as well. I don’t think it would be so bad if it were possible to be more open without those bigger birds swooping down and condemning your views or words.
I can take disagreements, and sometimes I learn through listening to other people’s thoughts ect, but when you share a space with many who are so rigid ( which is not the same as being on firm ground ) It’s difficult to want to join in and share. They have no desire to really listen to what you have to say , all they want to do is pick your words to pieces.You question whether it’s right to waste your words.
I spent so many conversations within church life where I listened to others, took notice, cared only to find that that the person I was ‘ listening to ‘ like the sound of there own voice and was only interested in their life, their prospective - it wasn’t ‘ fellowship ‘ because it was just so one sided.
However I would agree with bobby jo - we link up with many people in different environments- and this is a mixture of environments and offers different things at different times.
I don’t really like putting many on ignore, I mean when you go to church you have to mingle with many people that are not your cup of tea - but some of the bigger birds are getting in the way, so I might have to so that I don’t have to keep flying away !! Lol
Right this little bird needs to fly to work - have a blessed day everyone xx
Rita xx

Very well put Rita! And, Just for piece of mind, I do and have put some on ignore. I see it less and less as being rude more and more as keeping the peace!
Us "little birds" just need to keep out of the way of the "big birds".
BTW-aren't you glad God is NOT a human being?? Heaven would be empty :D.
Here's hoping that you had a good day at work!
xo