Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's likely -

have you gone anyplace and not seen what's going on ? (everywhere you go, don't you see "what's manifest" ?

Here's the thing Jo, when you've come to the point where you have no cause to glory Satan doesn't really have anything left to negotiate with?

Last edited:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
? ... hmmm ... if you had the site, owned it, or had the power otherwise,

would you put a stop to the posts of the false (as defined by Scripture) gospel ?

Maybe allow them to ask questions, of course, but not to continue to promote the false (accursed) gospel ?

In the words of the hymn
"God holds the key of all unknown and I am glad.
If other hands should hold the key.,
Or if the key were left to me
We might be sad"

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I understand mike. joined my first Christian forum a few months ago...I’d never seen one before, so was over the moon I’d found it. The novelty soon wore off.
I joined this forum as a last ditch attempt-but the hope of fellowship had long gone with the forum I left. There were some Christians on there, but they were drowned out by the know-all’s. :(
Hi @2 Chr. 34:19 ; it's good simply to relish what John says in his first Epistle about the character of fellowship; and sooner or later you will see others who appreciate it also.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the words of the hymn
"God holds the key of all unknown and I am glad.
If other hands should hold the key.,
Or if the key were left to me
We might be sad"
So you're glad you did not get the forum then ? Or you(and others) would be sad ?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok,

Jeremiah 15:3 KJV
And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the Lord : the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.
‘...to devour and destroy’ Hebrews 10:22-27 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. [23] Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised[24] And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: [25] Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. [26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘...to devour and destroy’ Hebrews 10:22-27 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. [23] Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised[24] And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: [25] Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. [26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Maybe why I stayed, that any part of me that would be adversary might be removed.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @VictoryinJesus It's a very searching passage, isn't it? on the one hand in Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 there some triumphant and victorious affirmations about the one, finished sacrifice for sins; on the other hand there is warning about its neglect.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @2 Chr. 34:19 ; it's good simply to relish what John says in his first Epistle about the character of fellowship; and sooner or later you will see others who appreciate it also.
For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. Gal. 1:10.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. Gal. 1:10.
@2 Chr. 34:19 Great verse there from Galatians! It's such a short, pithy Epistle, that is so quotable, isn't it?

Good to point out the difference between pleasing and persuading, too...