Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joined Christian forums to learn about other people's views and theology. Later on I used boards for feedback on arguments I was presenting in seminary. Now it is for fellowship and to better understand other people.

I think conflict comes when people cannot express or defend their views or when the other person does not, will not, or can not understand the opposing views. We all hold our views as precious.

Another issue is pride. I had been falsely accused in the past. But instead of shrugging this off (it was probably just a misunderstanding.... I can't even remember the reason) I took offense. This was pride on my part, and it was sin because I responded by insulting the man and this continued for a long time.

We like to look at the sins of other people, but what we should examine is the sin in our own lives.
I've given this pride thing a lot of thought, and concluded that I haven't done much to be proud of.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given this pride thing a lot of thought, and concluded that I haven't done much to be proud of.
Pride is most common today. Why then, do proud people join any Christian group online, or even in person , ever ?
Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
Luke 1:51
He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
Romans 1:30
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1Timothy 6:4
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
2Timothy 3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride is most common today. Why then, do proud people join any Christian group online, or even in person , ever ?
He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
I don't think John is saying he is a person of pride....I think he is being honest in judging his own heart over differences of beliefs/doctrines and interpretation of scripture...trying to prove his knowledge and understanding of the Bible is above the other person's....and he recognizes this as pride in himself.
Most of us have been guilty of this and it's a daily battle to avoid striving with a brother or sister over His Word.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think John is saying he is a person of pride....I think he is being honest in judging his own heart over differences of beliefs/doctrines and interpretation of scripture...trying to prove his knowledge and understanding of the Bible is above the other person's....and he recognizes this as pride in himself.
Most of us have been guilty of this and it's a daily battle to avoid striving with a brother or sister over His Word.
Yes, you are correct. I apologize if my post was not clear.

I think, to answer @Joseph77 's question, that imperfect Christians (whatever the sin) join Christian boards and congregations is to grow and learn. I was prideful, but that was not a badge of honor. I did not even realize it at the time. Looking at the false accusations against me I thought I was defending myself. In reality this was pride and I did not need to defend myself. I was being hurtful to another person because he had made a false accusation about me when I had been purchased by the blood of Christ.

Pride is nothing but usurping God in our lives. It is holding others accountable to me rather than holding myself accountable to God. I realized this through conflict on these types of boards. And I am grateful to the staff here for helping me to see my own error.

Christians move from glory to glory. We are not born spiritually into a mature walk. Even those mature in the faith still have room to grow as we are ever increasingly being conformed into the image of Christ.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think, to answer @Joseph77 's question, that imperfect Christians (whatever the sin) join Christian boards and congregations is to grow and learn.
Yes, that seems true from the testimony of others/ many posts.
Almost no one says they grew and learned though, after joining,
except those who saw the discord and infighting among the so-called Christians (the ones in name only, not true),
and went elsewhere to see if the exposure of them as false Christians (apostates or false teachers or simply false teachings) was and is truth.
Those who searched for the truth , thus, after seeing the much fighting and discord,
they left to other places (not forums, not chat rooms), to
find the truth,
and if they did, as at least one years ago posted saying they were surprised - they never expected to find that so much of christendom on earch is fale, - they were surprised,
but they searched and found the truth, and
thus were and remained (if they stayed faithful and true in Jesus)
saved from the multitudes of false teachings that engulf the world and the carnal...

Reactions: Nancy and mjrhealth

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that seems true from the testimony of others/ many posts.
Almost no one says they grew and learned though, after joining,
except those who saw the discord and infighting among the so-called Christians (the ones in name only, not true),
and went elsewhere to see if the exposure of them as false Christians (apostates or false teachers or simply false teachings) was and is truth.
Those who searched for the truth , thus, after seeing the much fighting and discord,
they left to other places (not forums, not chat rooms), to
find the truth,
and if they did, as at least one years ago posted saying they were surprised - they never expected to find that so much of christendom on earch is fale, - they were surprised,
but they searched and found the truth, and
thus were and remained (if they stayed faithful and true in Jesus)
saved from the multitudes of false teachings that engulf the world and the carnal...
I don't know about all of that. I just know I came here as a Christian, learned of some faults (with my self), and by God's grace overcame.

Now I am sure I will have something else to work on. I think I'm probably the most imperfect person perfected in Christ you'll ever meet. :)

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pride was always an issue for humanity. We all have it :)

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know more than I do! Lol....

Maybe it's because I've been around CB longer than you might think. Back in the days of Hammerstone I used the post as "Way of the Spirit".
I even tried to acquire the site when I first noticed that it had been put up for sale only to be told that it had already been sold.
You don't realise what an escape you've all had LoL.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it's because I've been around CB longer than you might think. Back in the days of Hammerstone I used the post as "Way of the Spirit".
I even tried to acquire the site when I first noticed that it had been put up for sale only to be told that it had already been sold.
You don't realise what an escape you've all had LoL.
??
What was/ what is/. "an escape" ? So much false is posted daily, and as you noted to owners purpose is profit, not truth.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
??
What was/ what is/. "an escape" ? So much false is posted daily, and as you noted to owners purpose is profit, not truth.
There is more truth posted here than false. And honestly I am getting a little worn out with how bad you talk about this forum and other ones. I am sure you have your beliefs and others have there's but bashing the integrity of this place is literally bashing the members in it. There is no forum without all the members.
I don't know how many denominations are represented here but each and every one of them have a right to share their beliefs without being attacked by members of other faiths.
Put aside your personal disregard for this board and just come and share in a positive way. Give God the Glory and Praise for all the people He has placed in your path
Amen?
God Bless!:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more truth posted here than false. And honestly I am getting a little worn out with how bad you talk about this forum and other ones. I am sure you have your beliefs and others have there's but bashing the integrity of this place is literally bashing the members in it. There is no forum without all the members.
I don't know how many denominations are represented here but each and every one of them have a right to share their beliefs without being attacked by members of other faiths.
Put aside your personal disregard for this board and just come and share in a positive way. Give God the Glory and Praise for all the people He has placed in your path
Amen?
God Bless!:)

It can't be that bad, he keeps coming back for more :D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't be that bad, he keeps coming back for more :D
He's an ok person just a little to pessimistic for me....what was that donkey on WinnieThe Pooh?....Eeoorr....so down all the time...lol.

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, CF same owner I was told. Where CF is clamped down on this one is more wild west and lawless

Even if the owner is still the same, CF is the money-maker, but this site is the real one. I would prefer if we were as big as CF, but it would be a total free-for-all if we had that many people here. This site is indeed more Wld West, where people largely police themselves as necessary and take matters into their own hands. It's why I believe this place is reserved for those the Lord Jesus Christ calls to it (aside from the entertaining nut jobs).

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He's an ok person just a little to pessimistic for me....what was that donkey on Winnie The Pooh?....Eeoorr....so down all the time...lol.

At least he will not have the most number of posts before the end of the years like the projections that I had suggested before his going away to another country for a while before his return as his posting rate is a little lower than previously.

However, I find his crypt posting style is a little difficult to follow a lot of the time and does not clearly convey what he is wanting to say.

However, there are others on this site that are just as bad, if not worse than him.