Christian intellectualism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There seems to be a movement (has been for awhile) towards Christian intellectualism. A person reads the Bible and when he determines the Bible is true then he is considered a Christian. Spiritual maturity becomes the acceptance of different Scriptures into a theological construct.

Can a person actually be saved under Christian intellectualism without hearing the voice of God, without God moving in their own heart in a meaningfully but subjective way?

There is a kind of faith that in existential, one accepts the truths as a construct, but not that they are real. It is not that there is an alternative, but to actually believe in God and pray to Him is a step to far. To participate in group activity creates a feeling, maybe from childhood, but the truths and realities are definitely kept at a distance.

These people are culturally believers but are not believers.
It is like an atheist who says they are humanist even though they philisophically a determinist and nihilistic in their outlook.
Jordan Peterson has observed people work best with God and having a meaningful relationship with Him and with others with a purpose.

So to assert facts about Jesus, and yet have a hard heart and have no effects in ones life is a denial of the very words being spoken.
It is up to the individual and what faith means to them, but without living the life of a believer one is not a believer.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It it funny how we refer to the Middle Ages as the Dark ages....could an age that produced Scotus, Aquanis and Anselm really be darker than our own? Some of us are barely literate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It it funny how we refer to the Middle Ages as the Dark ages....could an age that produced Scotus, Aquanis and Anselm really be darker than our own? Some of us are barely literate.
the abarim have an article on that; that is i guess closed to you right now for its dissection of Rome prolly, but suffice it maybe to say that those who seek to rule prefer a fair amount of "dark"

however other authors have postulated that we would surely be going to other stars by now but for the Dark Ages...ha which led to some interesting hits, but i found this too https://www.history.com/news/6-reasons-the-dark-ages-werent-so-dark

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the abarim have an article on that; that is i guess closed to you right now for its dissection of Rome prolly, but suffice it maybe to say that those who seek to rule prefer a fair amount of "dark"

however other authors have postulated that we would surely be going to other stars by now but for the Dark Ages...ha which led to some interesting hits, but i found this too https://www.history.com/news/6-reasons-the-dark-ages-werent-so-dark

thanks for the link - I am not closed to the evils committed by my church.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
thanks for the link - I am not closed to the evils committed by my church.
oh, no doubt, i meant more like they present a fairly one-sided pov?
Bc the RCC also does great things--the RCC people i mean--and that is...not very well repped there imo