Christian Kooks - OMG!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accuse me, judge me, by taking what "I" said as pertaining to me how you see it, rather than the way I said it. That much is not about me, but about you.

So defensive. Must be a reason.

Actually I'm on the offensive, not the defensive. I'm being critical of your OP yet you're on the defensive over it.

Your above is as unclear as your OP.

Your OP never condemned you, but certainly did others. Perhaps you were not as clear in your OP as you thought. Maybe you meant to include yourself, but according to your wording you're a person casting pearls, all others are kooks. But not you, you're a genuine follower.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way @ScottA, can you share your discovery of "an error in the history of the early Christian church?"
You are referring to what I wrote in my book.

Sure.

The error of the early Christian church (although I did not name them in my book), became the onus of the Catholic Church, for they as much as brag about it. It is the error of coming to the fork in the road posed by Jesus, who ask, "Who do men say that I am?" Which presented a choice of perceiving Him to mean He would build His church upon "Peter" (the rock), rather that upon the Rock (of ages) of which He elaborated to say was by "His Father" and not "flesh and blood."

Thus, the error of the early Christian church was a departure from the spiritual house, to build upon and follow the flesh, who then created their own office for a man between the church and God, which wall God had just torn down by Jesus Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I'm on the offensive, not the defensive. I'm being critical of your OP yet you're on the defensive over it.

Your above is as unclear as your OP.

Your OP never condemned you, but certainly did others. Perhaps you were not as clear in your OP as you thought. Maybe you meant to include yourself, but according to your wording you're a person casting pearls, all others are kooks. But not you, you're a genuine follower.
What you say is true...that is you are indeed on the offense, even on attack.

And you completely missed the "remnant."

Sounds like a complex.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are referring to what I wrote in my book.

Sure.

The error of the early Christian church (although I did not name them in my book), became the onus of the Catholic Church, for they as much as brag about it. It is the error of coming to the fork in the road posed by Jesus, who ask, "Who do men say that I am?" Which presented a choice of perceiving Him to mean He would build His church upon "Peter" (the rock), rather that upon the Rock (of ages) of which He elaborated to say was by "His Father" and not "flesh and blood."

Thus, the error of the early Christian church was a departure from the spiritual house, to build upon and follow the flesh, who then created their own office for a man between the church and God, which wall God had just torn down by Jesus Christ.
So the error of the church was to follow the pope instead of Christ, the head of the church? Many have died, by the way, simply for affirming that Christ is the head of the church.

Here is an excellent message on this issue:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you say is true...that is you are indeed on the offense, even on attack.

And you completely missed the "remnant."

What I missed Scott was any inclusion of yourself in the negative.

Sounds like a complex.

That's what I was thinking when you condemned all others in your OP but yourself brother. Learn to take criticism, you earned it in your OP, yet you refuse to grow.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I missed Scott was any inclusion of yourself in the negative.

That's what I was thinking when you condemned all others in your OP but yourself brother. Learn to take criticism, you earned it in your OP, yet you refuse to grow.
You judge and criticize and find fault while projecting and clearly being blind to every point of the OP, specifically the remnant in the midst of great tribulation, and thanks being to God.

I held up a mirror...and look who's in it pointing fingers back at the reflection.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...

Time for a reality check and a clarification:

Please do not misunderstand, I did not mean to suggest that I was exempt from the things I made reference to here in the Original Post. That would be an assumption, just as it would be an assumption to say "Ah ha!" to any person chosen by God to make proclamation. I will digress to say "It's a gift." But it is God who has made it so...not me. And the truth of the matter is, we live in turbulent times of great tribulation and spiritual battles being waged in heaven and on earth. Thus, the Original Post was me holding up a mirror to give reflection of just what it is that we are in the midst of, a mirror into which I too am looking, and am in. No, I did not mean to exempt myself by being the one holding up the mirror. Nonetheless, self examination is good for all. But that is not the main message.

The main message, is that we live in a time of great tribulation...and if you have not considered it, you need only look right here. It is a message I would hope gives hope to the remnant, to the faithful, who are holding on to the promises of God and Christ. But also, I posted the message in the General Forums, so that it might also be and explanation to the unsaved, the seeker, and the new Christian...that what they may witness here is as much the ugly side of war as anything they may expect to see in the streets. These are the trenches. But God is still God, and He is still in the business of turning what people do for evil, into good.

God is good!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, you included yourself in the "we are a mix of genuine followers of Christ..."

Then you labeled others as "atheists coming to challenge unbelief against belief, as well as a host of twisted and disturbed individuals who have made a religion out of their own take on things, those grossly misunderstanding the truth of God and being blind to the spiritual truth hidden from the natural man, the there-is-an-'ism-for-everything crowd, or the copycat religious counterfeits hoping to make their mark."

More of you: "Some days I think, "Why bother?" Some days, I get sucked into throwing pearls to swine. Some days I am riding high on the spirit of God, cheering and wanting to throw flowers and kisses to our King for the great things He is doing.

Then I have to remember that these are the times foretold, times of falling away, times of the spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh - good and bad, a time of great tribulation, and a flood of fire from on high. So, I look and see a remnant, and thank God that all are not kooks, or blind, or demons, and know that the victory over such has already been won."

Thus your observation of yourself was nothing but positivity while condemning others in light of yourself; Luke 18:9-14 shines through.

Can you show me where you included yourself in a condemning manner? Can you show me where your accusation upon me was true?

I say all this due to the fact we should not think so highly of ourselves while condemning others.

And you point is?
Who spat in your oatmeal :rolleyes:

Reactions: Willie T

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You error. It is not blaspheme to call upon God.

Blaspheme is the calling on God without the intention of talking or listening to him.
You use the exampe ofDavid calling on God in a psalm. The paslm is more than calling on God it is a communication. saying 'omg' is calling without communicating.

Ever read cs lewes's sciencefiction books, particularly 'Voyage to Venus' in it Ransom the hero meets a demon posscessed human who he has to fight. In the opening stages of combat the demon deprives Ransom of sleep by endlessly calling his name untill Ransom respond and replying nothing, before starting again.
The casual use of 'omg' is like that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blaspheme is the calling on God without the intention of talking or listening to him.
You use the exampe ofDavid calling on God in a psalm. The paslm is more than calling on God it is a communication. saying 'omg' is calling without communicating.

Ever read cs lewes's sciencefiction books, particularly 'Voyage to Venus' in it Ransom the hero meets a demon posscessed human who he has to fight. In the opening stages of combat the demon deprives Ransom of sleep by endlessly calling his name untill Ransom respond and replying nothing, before starting again.
The casual use of 'omg' is like that.
You add error to error.

Now you wrongfully accuse me of "casual use", when you really have no clue.

Nehemiah 13

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even the people of God down through the ages thought the same of the legitimate prophets/messengers sent by God...and even killed them.

Omg. Omg. Omg. Are empty letters that mean nothing. Unprofitable. Flesh. Slang. Or at least that is the way it was taken here, maybe he meant differently. Are we under the law then and judged and condemned over three letters? Nick-picking and Straining at gnats? What is taking the Lord’s name in vain?

Not to you personally Scott but to the conversation.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians we show our Love for Jesus by our obedience to his commands.

Please do not blaspheme. ( only the extreme ignorant think 'omg' is not oh my god' )

As for kooks, go to christian reddit forignorance, folk-christianity amd weirdness.
To take the Lords name in vain. Is to carry a false gospel

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the by far largest problem we see in this current age is that so many individuals build on the foundations of men. I’ve done this myself. To become a repeat carrying a lie. We’re so better off to study in private, and learn to weigh every word of men that enters our ears

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Omg. Omg. Omg. Are empty letters that mean nothing. Unprofitable. Flesh. Slang. Or at least that is the way it was taken here, maybe he meant differently. Are we under the law then and judged and condemned over three letters? Nick-picking and Straining at gnats? What is taking the Lord’s name in vain?

Taking the Lord's name in vain is [only] against those who do not know Him, akin to blaspheming the Holy Spirit, qualified by Christ.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How does your opinion fit in with the words of Jesus that we will give an account of even our idle words? Not very well I'd dare say. I think I'll stick with Him over this issue and reject your opinion.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus