Christian vs Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

This Vale Of Tears said:
I'm trying to reconcile this overtly ecumenical tone with your two threads that claimed that real Christians pay tithes and speak in tongues.

But I digress. I try to be careful when using the "you're not a Christian" card which is a sword that can cut both ways when wielded clumsily. In another thread questioning whether or not Jesus was a Jew, I didn't hesitate to call out the OP as not being a Christian because I'm well versed in the Christian Identity cult that rages hot in its hatred of Jews to the point they deny that Jesus was even Jewish. They're no more Christian than the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas that protested soldier's funerals holding signs with ugly, hateful slogans. The mark of a non Christian who has never known the love of God is their hatred, so even when they claim to be Christian, I unabashedly annunciate that they are not. Why such boldness?

"Beloved, let us love one another. For love is of God and anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God for God is love." 1John 4:7,8

That's why.
I take your point, and agree. However, we must be aware that love doesn't hide the truth. When Jesus scathingly rebuked the Pharisees and lawyers for their hypocricy, He did so in love. Truth can hurt, it can be cutting, but it can also be loving.
I am staunchly antii-Catholicism. I make no bones about that, and am always upfront in my condemnation of the Vatican. However, I love all Catholics, I grew up as a Catholic, my family going back centuries have always been staunchly Irish-Catholic, and are still so. But me, well, I discovered the scriptures which to me speak of the truth of the great apostasy of the early church culminating in the papacy, a church/state uniuion which throughout her history has been found to be an enemy of truth and of true believers. Itis my hope that through the truth, many Catholics will be set free from the system of the papacy which is now encouraging Protestants to join with her in her apostasy. It is in love that I implore people, not to join with her, but to "come out of her".

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
brakelite said:
In keeping with the topic of the thread Jack, I wonder how the coming global crisis is going to play out. The way I see it is somewhat close to the following I believe.

Remember 9/11? For a month or two after that everyone and their cocker spaniel went to church and confessed faith in 'God'. And, to my personal horror, your president decides to get up into the pulpit and proclaim from there, as if he was preaching a 'godly Christian evangelical gospel message'..."he who is not with us is against us". I got real angry at that. But on another level was not surprised. In the coming crisis we will witness the same again. Churches will be packed. The churches will unite together, and even with the government, in standing against a common threat.
The problem is that they will all be united, not on the basis of Biblical or doctrinal truth...not on the basis of a desire to share the gospel with the world...not on the basis of sharing the love of Jesus with their neighbours...but purely and simply out of self preservation. Jesus said that the rulers will have no solutions, and everyone will be panicking. So they turn to religion. Not the religion taught in thew Bible, but the religion taught on TV and espoused by the popular press and media. It will be a mixture of New age...apostate Protestantism...and Roman Catholicism. The confusion of Babylon the Great. They will offer up prayers and make all manner of well meaning and pious pronouncements and a pretense of repentance while the crisis deepens, and when no answers come, will look around for some-one to blame who hasn't joined them in their sincere but hopeless charade. That some-one who they will target will be those who refuse to worship their global church/state union and image of the medieval papal beast, and who refuse to accept the 'mark' of the beast's authority. And my friend, this mark has nothing to do with fiscal convenience. It has everything to do with worship and loyalty to the true Creator God. The fiscal aspect...that is the buying and selling aspect...is merely an inducement to accept the mark. An inducement to worship according to the dictates of man. Other inducement will be fines, then jail, and finally the death sentence.
The coming crisis will reveal the true character of both the righteous and the wicked. It will not form character, but expose it. Thus will the true fruits be revealed of who belongs to Jesus , and who doesn't. The harvest will then be seen to be ripe, both wheat and tares are ripe for harvest, the angels will first come and bundle the tares to be burned,then the wheat to be gathered into God's barn. (See Rev.14)
Armageddon is the war that precedes this. A war that ensues between the false 'Christian' world, and the true. Remember, the entire world is caught up in this crisis. The entire world joins with the beast and the false prophet to worship the false counterfeit system....the nations of the world unite against God's people, spiritual Israel. Remember also what Jesus said about us at this time? We will be called to testify before Kings and before the rulers of this world. We will be called to account for our 'heresy' before the courts. It will be a repeat of the dark ages, only on a global scale.
Do any of you dear readers now begin to understand how a focus on the Middle East and upon literal Israel is just a red herring of the enemy of our souls and part of his deceptions? There is far more import to your being prepared for the coming crisis than simply observing the politics of the Middle east. You need to be personally prepared. You need to know what you believe, and why. Because my friends, you will be called to defend your beliefs before a world that will hate everything you claim to stands for. All the while they claiming to stand for the truth, and you being inspired of Satan.
"If they call the Master of the house Beelzebub, what will they do to His servants".
I agreed to agree to too much of your response, and thank you for caring before the crunch (secular plane) comes in from my view. I also agree a lot with RANDOR where many are also coming together before the crunch (his positive attitude) although iron sharpens iron as far as Christian vs. Christian. I feel we are in the latter part of a "spiritual crunch" which isn't too positive.

Old, hopefully wrong, Jack

brakelite said:
In keeping with the topic of the thread Jack, I wonder how the coming global crisis is going to play out. The way I see it is somewhat close to the following I believe.

Remember 9/11? For a month or two after that everyone and their cocker spaniel went to church and confessed faith in 'God'. And, to my personal horror, your president decides to get up into the pulpit and proclaim from there, as if he was preaching a 'godly Christian evangelical gospel message'..."he who is not with us is against us". I got real angry at that. But on another level was not surprised. In the coming crisis we will witness the same again. Churches will be packed. The churches will unite together, and even with the government, in standing against a common threat.
The problem is that they will all be united, not on the basis of Biblical or doctrinal truth...not on the basis of a desire to share the gospel with the world...not on the basis of sharing the love of Jesus with their neighbours...but purely and simply out of self preservation. Jesus said that the rulers will have no solutions, and everyone will be panicking. So they turn to religion. Not the religion taught in thew Bible, but the religion taught on TV and espoused by the popular press and media. It will be a mixture of New age...apostate Protestantism...and Roman Catholicism. The confusion of Babylon the Great. They will offer up prayers and make all manner of well meaning and pious pronouncements and a pretense of repentance while the crisis deepens, and when no answers come, will look around for some-one to blame who hasn't joined them in their sincere but hopeless charade. That some-one who they will target will be those who refuse to worship their global church/state union and image of the medieval papal beast, and who refuse to accept the 'mark' of the beast's authority. And my friend, this mark has nothing to do with fiscal convenience. It has everything to do with worship and loyalty to the true Creator God. The fiscal aspect...that is the buying and selling aspect...is merely an inducement to accept the mark. An inducement to worship according to the dictates of man. Other inducement will be fines, then jail, and finally the death sentence.
The coming crisis will reveal the true character of both the righteous and the wicked. It will not form character, but expose it. Thus will the true fruits be revealed of who belongs to Jesus , and who doesn't. The harvest will then be seen to be ripe, both wheat and tares are ripe for harvest, the angels will first come and bundle the tares to be burned,then the wheat to be gathered into God's barn. (See Rev.14)
Armageddon is the war that precedes this. A war that ensues between the false 'Christian' world, and the true. Remember, the entire world is caught up in this crisis. The entire world joins with the beast and the false prophet to worship the false counterfeit system....the nations of the world unite against God's people, spiritual Israel. Remember also what Jesus said about us at this time? We will be called to testify before Kings and before the rulers of this world. We will be called to account for our 'heresy' before the courts. It will be a repeat of the dark ages, only on a global scale.
Do any of you dear readers now begin to understand how a focus on the Middle East and upon literal Israel is just a red herring of the enemy of our souls and part of his deceptions? There is far more import to your being prepared for the coming crisis than simply observing the politics of the Middle east. You need to be personally prepared. You need to know what you believe, and why. Because my friends, you will be called to defend your beliefs before a world that will hate everything you claim to stands for. All the while they claiming to stand for the truth, and you being inspired of Satan.
"If they call the Master of the house Beelzebub, what will they do to His servants".
I agreed to agree to too much of your response, and thank you for caring before the crunch (secular plane) comes in from my view. I also agree a lot with RANDOR where many are also coming together before the crunch (his positive attitude) although iron sharpens iron as far as Christian vs. Christian. I feel we are in the latter part of a "spiritual crunch" which isn't too positive.

Old, hopefully wrong, Jack

I share you folks enthusiasm for our Savior before any crunch coming in!

B

brakelite

Jack, g'day. In the final crunch the people of God will feel as Job, after having lost every earthly support, income, assets, family, friends, government, institutions, and even their church all having turned against them, they will even as Jesus wonder "why God have you forsaken me". Time now to strengthen our faith and hold on God. Ecumenism isn't the answer, it will be brother against brother. One brother cleaving to truth, the other cleaving to deception. The Scriptures will be the only litmus test. Not our feelings, or our emotional stability, nor what others tell us of ourselves, but the only thing any of us can wholly rely on at a time when all else is falling apart...."Thus saith the Lord".

No self-confidence allowed.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
I'm trying to reconcile this overtly ecumenical tone with your two threads that claimed that real Christians pay tithes and speak in tongues.
Nope....................never meant it to sound like that................ok..........her's what I've been tryin to get at...............

THEY ARE MISSING THE BLESSINGS THAT COME WITH ALL THIS.....They will never see what they were met to see by Christ.

I'm sorry............I know people love Jesus..................and there are those who LOVE JESUS! I know you know what I'm talking about here. Those who love Him more and have been touched, seek everything there is to seek...they want everything God has for them. And He wants you to have everything He has for you. They are not any more real Christians than the others......it is they are more thankful for what God has done in their lives.
I have a twin brother.......my bother is well off and I'm very poor...you decide to give us both new tennis shoes............granted....we both love you very much...........but who might be more thankful for the new shoes............Yep...that would be me.
Soooooooooooo now i will do everything to please you.......for saving my soul.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
brakelite said:
Jack, g'day. In the final crunch the people of God will feel as Job, after having lost every earthly support, income, assets, family, friends, government, institutions, and even their church all having turned against them, they will even as Jesus wonder "why God have you forsaken me". Time now to strengthen our faith and hold on God. Ecumenism isn't the answer, it will be brother against brother. One brother cleaving to truth, the other cleaving to deception. The Scriptures will be the only litmus test. Not our feelings, or our emotional stability, nor what others tell us of ourselves, but the only thing any of us can wholly rely on at a time when all else is falling apart...."Thus saith the Lord".

No self-confidence allowed.
Thank you for your resonse again!

I had to fill in for a teacher quite awhile back teaching a formal class on "Economics" having to go through a fast forward 'refresh' as been awhile. I can't believe our current economic ponzy scheme is still afloat, a miracle of our Lord. On the secular plane, our Lord will be pulling the rug out from under this scheme where what you so well described will come to pass.

Decades ago I dug up the Gov't. Census on Religions finding out extremely diverse to just diverse 'statements of faith' where there's only "1" valid "statement," ie, which is the valid "statement"? I found the answer also long ago thus no need to answer, however if we haven't been born into a full blown apostasy, what else should we call it? I strongly believe Satan in his person will soon be loosed in Rev.20:7?

Old Jack's opinion