Christian warfare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are lost! You are not welcome in my foxhole.

because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Revelation 3:16
No worries about that sir, we aren't in any. We have chosen to die ourselves if necessary to prevent taking the lives of others. I definitely hope you are not in that foxhole when Jesus returns Wrangler.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whenever this question is asked, the implication seems to be that war in the name of Christ is contrary to His mandate to “turn the other cheek” (Matthew 5:39).

Otherwise, why would anyone argue with the right to fight a religious war? To understand the “big picture,” we must first understand that the “turn the other cheek” passage is part of the Sermon on the Mount. Its messages pertain to individual believers. His famous sermon shows how believers should respond to temptation, injustice, and the everyday trials of life. It says nothing about warfare.

For some instruction regarding this, we must go to Romans 13, which discusses some of the purposes of government as well as the proper relationship between believers and government:

"… For it [government] is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil." (Romans 13:4)

God has given the state the power of life and death over its subjects in order to maintain order. Government also has the right to protect its people from evil by wielding the same “sword” in warfare. Some will argue that God has commanded, “Thou shall not kill.”

Therefore Christians cannot engage in warfare. Actually, God’s command was against murder, not killing. Nowhere does the Bible say that believers should not join the military and thus, should not participate in defending their country. Numbers 25:8-13 is one of many Biblical accounts where killing was required to eradicate sin. However, the bottom line is that while the God of the Bible is a righteous judge, He is also a God of love and mercy Who detests the shedding of innocent human blood.

Actually it was part of the full account in Romans 13 sir: (Romans 13:2) . . .whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; . . .

I posted much more information than just one verse however, including the type of war that Christians are involved in, as well as the weapons they are to bear.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice deflection.

God will judge those who rebel against Him. That means you too.

Much love!
That is what the Bible teaches sir. That is why we do our utmost to live the faith. Interestingly however, with the exception of those who have sinned against the holy spirit, and have died, they will not be judged on what they did prior to death Rom 6:7

The real judgment comes at the end of the millennial reign of Christ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real judgment comes at the end of the millennial reign of Christ
For His enemies, I think is the teaching of the Bible.

And if you think to stand against Him, that's the judgment where you will stand, where the Creator of all judges His creation.

Much love!