Christianity and Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some interesting things,
OT
7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
NT
But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. note (Compare)

43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister

Israel ended up in egypt slaves to pharoah and his taskmasters
Christians ended up in church slaves to there pastors and hierarchy

than Israel
Exodus 8
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me. (
And Christianity
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

than after the plagues israel ended up in the desert
Christians who choose to follow after Christ also end up in the Desert
Israel are Led by a Cloud by day, a pillar of fire by night
Christians are Led by the holy Spirit
Israel was fed by manna from heaven
Christans are fed by Christ.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. (Compare)
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Moses went up into the mountain to hear from God while Israel got tired of waitng and made them selves an Idol the golden Calf

Few Christians are willing to go into that mountain to hear from God, instead they persue after there Idol, the bible, there Golden calf, because they are unwilling to wait upon teh Lord to hear from Him.

Crossing the Jordan is next, who will make it into the promise land, or who wil complain like Israel

Exo 14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

Jesus and God dont bring us into the desrt to die, but to live.

God bless