Christianity Board Needs Staff!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy folks!

A while back - prior to the lovely software fiasco - I sent some of you (who requested them) questionnaires about joining the moderation team here at Christianity Board. I've finally completed the needed legwork and setup CB to handle staff members. I needed to write a guide so you good folks would know what to do to get started. All of that is now done, so we're finally ready to go!

Just to let everyone know, I wanted to go over the position names. This is in order from the lowest rank (Community Guides) to the highest (Community Administrators):

Community Guide - This is the most active position which everyone will start from. A Community Guide is the equivalent of a forum moderator at other forums. These good folks will be in charge of moderating individual forums. It can be as few as one forum or as many as five or six forums. The basic duties include keep postings on target, cleaning out spam, and the other activities that moderators typically perform.

Community Liaison - This is the next position that Community Guides can be promoted into. A Community Liaison is the rough equivalent of a super moderator at most other forums. I like to think of this position as the Community Guide position on steroids because your jurisdiction becomes the entire forum. Basically it's more responsibility with more to do. If you have issues with a Community Guide, this is who is next in line.

Community Administrator - This is the top position that only a select few will hold. A Community Administrator is the equivalent of an administrator at other forums. Duties include making the decisions about how to run the forum, moderation duties, and lots of other little things. They have the final say-so on most issues.

Not everyone will automatically be promoted or anything like that. Some folks may want to remain Community Guides, etc. I just want our members and staff to know that there is a hierarchy here which they can use. These names were chosen to reflect their duties as well as trying very hard to avoid any negative connotations or ideas that would attribute false characteristics, etc.

If you're interested in joining the staff and becoming a Community Guide, please let me know. You are welcome to reply here, private message me, or even use email (click on my profile to send a message). If you applied before, please remind me.

The requirements are pretty basic. I'd prefer you be familiar with forums in general. I unfortunately don't have the time and resources to devote to training someone who has trouble posting, etc. With that said, if you can post and participate, you should be reasonably qualified. I'm not looking for people who agree with everything published by this site (the Bible studies, etc.) but I am looking for people who can handle themselves in a respectful manner. Disagreement is fine, but handling yourself in a Godly and professional manner is important. There are no strict activity requirements, but I expect you on reasonably often. If you visit once a week, then this is probably not the position for you. I'm also looking for members of the community that have been around for a little while; you probably won't get selected if you signed up a few days ago.

I have a profile that I look for when selecting forum staff. This is not my first rodeo, so I know who is serious and who is not. If I don't choose you, please do not take it personally.

So to close, if I haven't scared you away yet, I'd like to hear from you if you're interested!