Christianity Board Sports a New Look!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a number of years with the same look, we've decided that it's time for an upgrade! You should see a new look now live on the community here. We spent some time tweaking the design, and that's not to say there will be more tweaks in the future. We tried to come up with a look that is both readable and pleasant to the eyes.

One of the the great things about this look is that it's customizable. This means that you can change the look to match your preferences with a wide variety of colors.

To change the look, just scroll up to the top. If you look on level with the logo and menu, you will see a dropdown option on the right hand side of this line of lines labeled Edit Style. Change the colors and background pattern to your heart's content. Keep in mind that this is done using a cookie, though, so it will vary computer to computer.

We hope you enjoy the new look. I know that I keep promising it, but our contest for the HCSB Study Bible and HCSB Thinline Reference Bibles will launch soon, so stay tuned!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hard to read the type ..... words are faded

Testing to see if we can make individual posts

Nope ..... same old same old .... just some more pop snaz and sizzle that accomplishes nothing ..... sorry

Years ago this forum used good software .... should have just left it alone

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so we can jazz it up with pretty colours, but as Arnie says it's hard to read as the words are faded. It all looks a bit washed out.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard to read the type ..... words are faded
We can look at darkening the word color a bit. Unfortunately, it's never perfect to get the text to where everyone can read it because there's always a line between usability and personal preference.

Testing to see if we can make individual posts
I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you clarify?

Nope ..... same old same old .... just some more pop snaz and sizzle that accomplishes nothing ..... sorry

Years ago this forum used good software .... should have just left it alone
I am sorry that you feel that way.

Long story short, we chose to change the forum software because of recent developments with the software provider. A new company purchased the original company. They began by changing up the licensing structure in a way that was clearly designed to generate more revenue. This forced everyone to pay more money into the provider and essentially changed licensing terms on existing licenses.

The second issue was that the software was "rewritten" which was merely a change of styling for the forum. The core software was not rewritten, resulting in an extremely clunky interface, far less efficient than this one.

Had we maintained the legacy version of the software, long term prospects would leave us either with unsupported software (which I think is where the few that remained are now) or without a conversion path. (Trust me, you would not like the two subsequent versions of the software. The original developer has gone on to found his own software since it was done so poorly.)

We try to please as many as we can.