Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you “talking about”...
You are adding “some off the wall comment about intimate relationships” and saying Jesus came to DIVIDE those relationships...
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.” Jesus

What “intimate relationships”....?? Between “who and who”?? And What Scriptural Reference/QUOTE “gives you THAT knowledge” ?
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.” Jesus

AND Phil....
Was I just supportive of that NOT being LITERAL? No.
Was I just supportive of that BEING Allegorical? No.
So don’t need a presumed correction.
No correction was presumed. That’s illusory as well.

AND Phil....
Neither do I agree with you, that “Literal” means “Illusion”.
Of course. You can’t agree with what wasn’t even said...
Allegory is a mans invention.
Perhaps you should take a stroll outside a city, outside of a man inhabitant area, and OBSERVE firsthand what is called NIGHTTIME.
You should notice the ABSENCE Of LIGHT.

Just as you should notice the PRESENSE OF LIGHT during what is called DAYTIME.

Those things ARE ROUTINELY VISIBLE to a human mans EYE...
And you think that is an allegory? Weird.
It’s not an allegory, it’s an illusion.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Genesis is perfectly literal.

It’s SIMPLE...
God revealed Knowledge About Himself to Certain men.
That’s a belief.
Men at large, exercised their Freewill to Believe Certain men...or not.
That’s a belief.
Certain men, by Gods example and instruction put Gods Word to TEXT...
That’s a belief.
First IN STONE, then in ink and paper, make copies and distribute among Men at large.
That’s a belief.
Nothing new, Men at large, exercise their Freewill to hear, read, learn, BELIEVE the information...or not.
That’s also a belief.

All which arises after a fundamental misinterpretation & misunderstanding is also, misinterpretation & misunderstanding.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s still a belief.
Belief IS one thing. Belief IN the Carnal Mind “changes” in as much as the wind blows.

Heartful CONFESSED Belief, IS where the “Works via the Power of God”, (who IS SPIRIT), Makes “Permanent Spiritual Changes“ WITHIN that individual man.

Such a man HAS forever “CEMENTED” his Relationship “WITH” the Lord God.

It is “other men” who take up the bull-horn and whine, and complain, and wag their finger, flap their mouths and in Accusation ..... Yapping about “SUCH MANS” relationships with “other people” IS not what “other men” believe “such mans” relationship SHOULD BE, with other men.

MY relationship with the Lord God....IS EXPRESSLY between the Lord God and myself. PERIOD.

“Side-lining men Whining, complaining, accusing.....” IS irrelevant.
Their input is about as relevant as their input in WHOM I do or do not form “relationships” with other persons. Which is ZIP.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No correction was presumed. That’s illusory as well.

Of course. You can’t agree with what wasn’t even said...

It’s not an allegory, it’s an illusion.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

That’s a belief.

That’s a belief.

That’s a belief.

That’s a belief.

That’s also a belief.

All which arises after a fundamental misinterpretation & misunderstanding is also, misinterpretation & misunderstanding.

BELIEF is not news.
The difference is between Carnal Minded Belief...IN God, that CAN change.
And Heartful True Confessed Belief...IN God, the CAN NOT change.

Rom 8:
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

A True Heartful Confessed Belief...IS FOLLOWED BY THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Do you KNOW, the Holy Spirit “IN” a man....”IS” Gods Spirit “IN” a man?
Do you KNOW, God CAN NOT “STAND AGAINST” Himself?
Do you not KNOW, the Holy SPIRIT “IN” a man “KEEPS that man FAITHFUL ONLY unto the Lord God”?
Do you not KNOW, once a man IS Baptized with Gods Holy Spirit...that man CAN NEVER AGAIN stand Against God?
It’s an Accomplish-ED, Done, Deal.
NO man can “sever” that FOREVER, one on one relationship between that ONE man and the Lord God.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is
That’s a belief, and therein so is everything which follows.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.” Jesus

If you’re looking for peace here, you’ll not find it.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Allegory is a mans invention.
Perhaps you should take a stroll outside a city, outside of a man inhabitant area, and OBSERVE firsthand what is called NIGHTTIME.
You should notice the ABSENCE Of LIGHT.

Just as you should notice the PRESENSE OF LIGHT during what is called DAYTIME.

Those things ARE ROUTINELY VISIBLE to a human mans EYE...
And you think that is an allegory? Weird.

You've not understood. This is because you do not have "eyes to see" or "ears to hear" as Jesus himself said. It is not granted to you to understand the secrets in the text quite obviously. It's up to you to come to terms with that and to work out why the "mysteries of the kingdom" have been hidden from you.

Let me elucidate the scale of your ignorance. Here's a well known passage from Genesis. The ignorant fool will read this and take it literally. He will not understand the allegorical terms being used (which I highlight in bold below). His mind is blinded because he is not ready to understand or accept the true message:

Genesis 2:4-7: "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

None of the terms in bold are literal here. Yes there exist the Earth and Rain and Mist in real life but here, in this passage they are referring to something else. The passage is describing a process, a chemical process that happens in a glass flask. This will make no sense to you because you are currently blind.

Here's another passage referring to the same process:

Isaiah 45:8 ASV

"Distil, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, that it may bring forth salvation,
and let it cause righteousness to spring up together; I, Jehovah, have created it.
"

and here's yet another

Proverbs 3:13-20:

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is
better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that
retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew."

This entire passage is allegorical and is refering to the same thing as the other passages. It's an allegory of what happens in the glass flask, the vapours that rise to the top of the flask (heavens) and then condense and fall back down as dew.

Empty your cup of all this pious nonsense so that it can be filled with truth. Until you do you will remain blind to the hidden messages, the "mysteries of the kingdom"

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've not understood. This is because you do not have "eyes to see" or "ears to hear" as Jesus himself said. It is not granted to you to understand the secrets in the text quite obviously. It's up to you to come to terms with that and to work out why the "mysteries of the kingdom" have been hidden from you.

Let me elucidate the scale of your ignorance. Here's a well known passage from Genesis. The ignorant fool will read this and take it literally. He will not understand the allegorical terms being used (which I highlight in bold below). His mind is blinded because he is not ready to understand or accept the true message:

Genesis 2:4-7: "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

None of the terms in bold are literal here. Yes there exist the Earth and Rain and Mist in real life but here, in this passage they are referring to something else. The passage is describing a process, a chemical process that happens in a glass flask. This will make no sense to you because you are currently blind.

Here's another passage referring to the same process:

Isaiah 45:8 ASV

"Distil, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, that it may bring forth salvation,
and let it cause righteousness to spring up together; I, Jehovah, have created it.
"

and here's yet another

Proverbs 3:13-20:

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is
better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that
retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew."

This entire passage is allegorical and is refering to the same thing as the other passages. It's an allegory of what happens in the glass flask, the vapours that rise to the top of the flask (heavens) and then condense and fall back down as dew.

Empty your cup of all this pious nonsense so that it can be filled with truth. Until you do you will remain blind to the hidden messages, the "mysteries of the kingdom"

Any prudent student of Gods Word “KNOWS” understanding Gods Word...ACCORDING to God....is Expressly given a man ...
FROM God.

1 Chr 22:
[12a]Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding...

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Any prudent student of Gods Word “KNOWS” understanding Gods Word...ACCORDING to God....is Expressly given a man ...
FROM God.

1 Chr 22:

You've shown that you don't have that understanding. You don't understand Genesis. Up to you. You can not put new water into a cup that is already full.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've shown that you don't have that understanding. You don't understand Genesis. Up to you. You can not put new water into a cup that is already full.

Actually (in opposition to what you have shown), what I have shown is How a man receives Gods Understanding.
In other conversations on that topic, I have show How, When and Why a man receives Gods Understanding.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Actually (in opposition to what you have shown), what I have shown is How a man receives Gods Understanding.
In other conversations on that topic, I have show How, When and Why a man receives Gods Understanding.

Then I pray that in time you will receive that understanding and that you'll empty your cup to be able to receive it

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I pray that in time you will receive that understanding and that you'll empty your cup to be able to receive it

No need for you to Pray for what already is accomplished.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it​

FROM God.

1 Chr 22:
The very word says under standing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it​

The very word says under standing.

The very Scriptural quote I gave you was expressly about “Understanding Gods Word.......”according to Gods “Understanding”.

“Standing” applies to an “individual”....”standing WITH” or “standing WITHOUT (against)” God....whether or not the “individual Understands Gods Word, according to Gods Understanding”.

Christianity is NOT “ONLY” about believing on the day that an “individual” Bodily Dies, and BECOMING “THEN” MADE soul saved.

Christianity is “ALSO” about teaching Jesus’ OFFERING of BECOMING MADE
Soul saved and Spirit quickened......BEFORE a Physical Bodily Death”.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very Scriptural quote I gave you was expressly about “Understanding Gods Word.......”according to Gods “Understanding”.

“Standing” applies to an “individual”....”standing WITH” or “standing WITHOUT (against)” God....whether or not the “individual Understands Gods Word, according to Gods Understanding”.

Christianity is NOT “ONLY” about believing on the day that an “individual” Bodily Dies, and BECOMING “THEN” MADE soul saved.

Christianity is “ALSO” about teaching Jesus’ OFFERING of BECOMING MADE
Soul saved and Spirit quickened......BEFORE a Physical Bodily Death”.
FROM God.

1 Chr 22:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom

You could not be further from the truth. Genesis is allegorical and cryptic, deliberately, purposely in order to keep the "mysteries of the kingdom" from those not yet ready to hear it. I'm sorry the truth has not been revealed to you. Once you understand Genesis and the countless other parts of the Bible that refer to the same hidden secrets . . . everything changes.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could not be further from the truth. Genesis is allegorical and cryptic, deliberately, purposely in order to keep the "mysteries of the kingdom" from those not yet ready to hear it. I'm sorry the truth has not been revealed to you. Once you understand Genesis and the countless other parts of the Bible that refer to the same hidden secrets . . . everything changes.
Doesn’t seem cryptic at all. It’s perfectly straight forward, literal and accurate.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn’t seem cryptic at all. It’s perfectly straight forward, literal and accurate.
That's exactly how they intended it to seem to ordinary folk but I tell you the truth, Genesis is talking about a great secret. The "Heavens" and "Earth" are not remotely literal, neither is the "mist" and "dew". In time you may come to understand.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly how they intended it to seem to ordinary folk but I tell you the truth, Genesis is talking about a great secret. The "Heavens" and "Earth" are not remotely literal, neither is the "mist" and "dew". In time you may come to understand.
There’s nothing to understand.
I am.