Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a scale of 10 through 10, how despicable are the gays to you?

Not interested in YOUR scale rating of men.

I Love all people...Period.
I could take the credit for that...but that would be false.
My ability to Love all people, is accredited to the Power of God With and In me

I do NOT advocate, NOR support, the beliefs, the acts, the behavior OF ANY man...
WHO...advocates, supports, teaches ... AGAINST the Lord God Almighty.
WHO...advocates, supports, teaches ... IMMORALITY is acceptable behavior between and among men.

Nothing NEW...Lines, Borders, are ESTABLISHED between and among men.
Enemies, routinely ESTABLISH physical Lines, Borders, Fences, Walls, etc.
Friends, routinely ESTABLISH lines, borders regarding Beliefs, Behaviors etc., to NOT CROSS.

Sure...I have friends that are NON-believers, friends that are engaged in IMMORAL activities, etc. SO WHAT?

The key is we are FRIENDS, KNOW one another, KNOW the Line, the Border to NOT CROSS.

I do NOT ”KNOW” you. YOU do NOT “know me.” We are NOT “friends”.

Your attempt to influence me to “RATE” a “GROUP” of people whom I do NOT KNOW such people....is a FAIL.. I have no intention of falling for your old worn out playschool tactics.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he's talking about I think it's in Deuteronomy where if two men are found having intercourse they are to be killed (cannot recall the exact words). Many believers who are not taught correctly (and others who do not understand God's word) may get confused at this and think that this is what Christians are supposed to do *now*. That is incorrect. Israel was formed on earth by God as a representation of heaven where no evil was to exist; Israelites were, as members of a theocratic nation, to drive out any and all kinds of evil either by punishment or death: heaven will be a place of no evil and Israel was supposed to parallel that as close as it can on earth by having these laws in place and carrying out the punishments when these laws were transgressed.

Israel is the church now and it is not a theocratic nation. It is made up of all people of all kinds across all the earth; thus, there can be no laws which govern a geographic location in Israel the church anymore (members of the church are to abide by moral laws--as well as the civil laws which do not transgress God's moral laws--and may come under church discipline should those laws be transgressed). We are to look at Jesus now for clarification of what God will have us do and He clearly taught us to LOVE our enemies. NOT to kill them. Vengeance is the Lord's. Even if the crime is one against a civil law, let alone those which make up God's moral laws found in His word, we are not to seek to kill anyone, in the idea of carrying out justice, by our own hands. That is to be left to the magistrates (and if it is a brother or sister in the church that is found guilty of a heinous sin and won't repent--as Jesus taught in Matt 18, they are to be excommunicated from the church, not put to death).

When God returns to this earth, there will be no evil, no sin. HE is the one who will mete justice to the transgressors. All who are not in Christ, who are not covered by His righteousness which He procured for his people by His sacrifice on Calvary, all those will suffer the second death. God will rid the evil from the land. We are not to take part in that physically here on this earth. Rather we are to show others the love of Jesus and sacrifice for our enemies, pray for them, and above do not do them any harm (God has forbidden murder and if we go out and kill homosexuals because they are violating God's law, that would be murder and a transgression against God's law).
Had an interesting thought while reading this…
after Cain murdered his brother, God put a mark on him so no one would dare to kill him for what he’d done.
Not sure how it progressed to what it did after that…but that’s how it began after the first murder.

The other thought I had was how I’m certain the end of the Bible sort of is Genesis in reverse in a lot of ways…

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not interested in YOUR scale rating of men.

I Love all people...Period.
I could take the credit for that...but that would be false.
My ability to Love all people, is accredited to the Power of God With and In me

I do NOT advocate, NOR support, the beliefs, the acts, the behavior OF ANY man...
WHO...advocates, supports, teaches ... AGAINST the Lord God Almighty.
WHO...advocates, supports, teaches ... IMMORALITY is acceptable behavior between and among men.

Nothing NEW...Lines, Borders, are ESTABLISHED between and among men.
Enemies, routinely ESTABLISH physical Lines, Borders, Fences, Walls, etc.
Friends, routinely ESTABLISH lines, borders regarding Beliefs, Behaviors etc., to NOT CROSS.

Sure...I have friends that are NON-believers, friends that are engaged in IMMORAL activities, etc. SO WHAT?

The key is we are FRIENDS, KNOW one another, KNOW the Line, the Border to NOT CROSS.

I do NOT ”KNOW” you. YOU do NOT “know me.” We are NOT “friends”.

Your attempt to influence me to “RATE” a “GROUP” of people whom I do NOT KNOW such people....is a FAIL.. I have no intention of falling for your old worn out playschool tactics.
Look at that dodge. Immoral activities? It’s immoral to support a homophobic book, that’s what’s immoral. I bet if your book said the same about other races, you would also back that up because “word of god” right? 0 critical thinking.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at that dodge. Immoral activities? It’s immoral to support a homophobic book, that’s what’s immoral. I bet if your book said the same about other races, you would also back that up because “word of god” right? 0 critical thinking.

Homo...meaning...man
Phobia...meaning...fear

If you have a fear of man, and think “MY” book teaches that...
Reveal “YOUR” expertise of “MY” book...and share a quote to “fear man”.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never seen God,yet I believe he exists.

The creation is a wonder. Earthy things such as plants and animals are created with an instinct to their nature. Yes sometimes these systems go bonkers and overgrowth or abnormalities arise. Yet each is made with it's on eco system. To grow, to produce and to follow the pattern God has set.

Man's creation started rather supernaturally. Ever studied anatomy or physiology?

Look @ the body next time you get off tract. Every body system we have is a perfect specimen of wonder. Some parts can regenerate themselves like the liver, some parts rely on the right body fuel to do what is required to live. All require the right environment to grow and produce to full productivity.

Even though I have never seen God I have felt his supernatural flow in me. I have felt his love, the Spirit of chastisement or conviction. The guidance and revelation of his Spirit in my studies and prayers. Feelings of comfort, joy and peace when my world crumbles.

If asked to prove God IS; I would not say do you know God. Knowing comes from the assurance of my belief !

Many claim to know God but few believe he IS !

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Homo...meaning...man
Phobia...meaning...fear

If you have a fear of man, and think “MY” book teaches that...
Reveal “YOUR” expertise of “MY” book...and share a quote to “fear man”.
49E64DDC-3C83-4C88-89C1-16DAE4D1EFE3.jpeg
No wonder education is linked to lack of faith and it shows.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 27819
No wonder education is linked to lack of faith and it shows.

Scripturally, if one is not FOR something by Default they are AGAINST the something....It’s called Freewill.

You are NOT FOR God, by Default you are AGAINST God.
So what?

What is your point? Freewill only applies to you?

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Scripturally, if one is not FOR something by Default they are AGAINST the something....It’s called Freewill.

So what?

What is your point? Freewill only applies to you?
Not true at all, and that’s what you call a tribalistic mindset.

I’m personally neither for or against God. How can I be for or against something for which there is no evidence?

Atheism is the lack of belief, I don’t affirm that there is no God, but rather that I don’t know. And I don’t know not because “I don’t want to know” like most Christians jump to conclude, but because I don’t know due to lacking evidence. So I’m an atheist-agnostic.

There is much more humility in admitting you don’t know as opposed to arrogantly pretending that you do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true at all, and that’s what you call a tribalistic mindset.

I’m personally neither for or against God. How can I be for or against something for which there is no evidence?

Atheism is the lack of belief, I don’t affirm that there is no God, but rather that I don’t know. And I don’t know not because “I don’t want to know” like most Christians jump to conclude, but because I don’t know due to lacking evidence. So I’m an atheist-agnostic.

There is much more humility in admitting you don’t know as opposed to arrogantly pretending that you do.

Calling someone an arrogant pretender is a pretense you know an others true hearts thoughts....which is false.

Call yourself whatever you please...Fact is:

Matt 12: [30a] He that is not with me is against me;

Luke 11: [23a] He that is not with me is against me:

In case you are unaware, Jesus came to accomplish many things, ONE particular THING, Division among the people.

You might have picked up on that Hint from Scripture Beginning in Genesis;
Divisions...day/night...light/dark...up/down...do/don’t...........and forwarding...
Blessings/Curses....Hebrews/ Gentiles....Heaven/Hell..............With/Without...
All a preparation FOR a day of Separating the Divided.

Sitting on the fence, calling yourself humbled, is not one of Gods Options.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John 7:
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Calling someone an arrogant pretender is a pretense you know an others true hearts thoughts....which is false.

Ironically, to assert that he doesn't know your true heart means you must know his mind/heart . . . . which must be equally false

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You might have picked up on that Hint from Scripture Beginning in Genesis;
Divisions...day/night...light/dark...up/down...do/don’t...........and forwarding...
Blessings/Curses....Hebrews/ Gentiles....Heaven/Hell..............With/Without...
All a preparation FOR a day of Separating the Divided.

Many of those terms, particularly in Genesis, are not literal they are allegorical/cryptic. Day/night, heaven/earth, rain/dew etc.

You've gone astray if you're taking them literally

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what?
You’re missing the most obvious possibility.

In case you are unaware, Jesus came to accomplish many things, ONE particular THING, Division among the people.
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.” Jesus

Why do you suppose Jesus aimed at dividing not just people, but the most intimate of relationships?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ironically, to assert that he doesn't know your true heart means you must know his mind/heart . . . . which must be equally false

Uh, no.
God is ALL knowing. Men gather information bit by bit, mull the information around in the CARNAL MIND, and by LOGIC, choose to believe BETWEEN “THIS AND THAT”....(Called a Logical concluding BASED on the knowledge they HAVE on the topic.)
Tomorrow, weeks later, that same individual may gather MORE knowledge on the topic...and mull the additional knowledge around in his CARNAL MIND...and LOGICALLY conclude A DIFFERENT conclusion that he had, days, weeks, years earlier. ( That is called Changing HIS MIND ).

A mans “HEART” (not his wishy washy ever changing CARNAL MIND), is the source of a mans “TRUE Thoughts/BELIEFS”...

If you are an Earthly Human being...and someone says to you....uh you are not. You are an animal, a historical off-spring of an ape. Are you going to mull that information around in your Carnal Mind, decide if that LOGICALLY makes sense to your Carnal Mind......or RELY on your Hearts’ Absolute Truth?

He who KNOWS a mans OWN TRUE Heartful BELIEF...
IS: ONLY God and the man Himself.

DO YOU GET IT...?
It is what A MAN knows about Himself.
It is what God knows about A MAN.

WHAT does THAT have to do with...A MAN KNOWING Gods TRUE THOUGHTS? Nothing!

A man, can Hear Gods Knowledge.
A man, can BELIEVE Gods Knowledge....NOT by having ACCESS to Gods TRUE THOUGHTS.........BUT RATHER BY the MAN ...exercising his own FREEWILL...TO TRUST GOD and the KNOWLEDGE ABOUT God, that IS preached, taught, written......and Verified by the man himself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of those terms, particularly in Genesis, are not literal they are allegorical/cryptic. Day/night, heaven/earth, rain/dew etc.

You've gone astray if you're taking them literally

Allegory is a mans invention.
Perhaps you should take a stroll outside a city, outside of a man inhabitant area, and OBSERVE firsthand what is called NIGHTTIME.
You should notice the ABSENCE Of LIGHT.

Just as you should notice the PRESENSE OF LIGHT during what is called DAYTIME.

Those things ARE ROUTINELY VISIBLE to a human mans EYE...
And you think that is an allegory? Weird.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allegory is a mans invention.
Perhaps you should take a stroll outside a city, outside of a man inhabitant area, and OBSERVE firsthand what is called NIGHTTIME.
You should notice the ABSENCE Of LIGHT.

Just as you should notice the PRESENSE OF LIGHT during what is called DAYTIME.

Those things ARE ROUTINELY VISIBLE to a human mans EYE...
And you think that is an allegory? Weird.
It’s not an allegory, it’s an illusion.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Genesis is perfectly literal.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will start by saying that all belief systems are there because we do not know. When you know something, belief becomes unnecessary. You only believe something because you don't know.

I've spoken with many Christians and have done a lot of reading. I'll come across articles by apologetics titled along the lines of '10 signs of proof that God exists' or 'evidence of Jesus' resurrection'.

Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

I don't believe in believing. I either know or admit I don't know at all. Beliefs are always going to be open to scrutiny and doubt, it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief. The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.
God let’s you know he is real when you are truly looking for him so It starts with belief but in the end the Christian knows.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s still a belief.
How so? If I know there is a 1994 ford pickup sitting in my driveway it’s known right? It’s not like I believe it’s sitting out there, I know it’s sitting out there.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re missing the most obvious possibility.

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.” Jesus

Why do you suppose Jesus aimed at dividing not just people, but the most intimate of relationships?
What are you “talking about”...
You are adding “some off the wall comment about intimate relationships” and saying Jesus came to DIVIDE those relationships...

What “intimate relationships”....?? Between “who and who”?? And What Scriptural Reference/QUOTE “gives you THAT knowledge” ?
It’s not an allegory, it’s an illusion.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Genesis is perfectly literal.

AND Phil....
Was I just supportive of that NOT being LITERAL? No.
Was I just supportive of that BEING Allegorical? No.
So don’t need a presumed correction.

AND Phil....
Neither do I agree with you, that “Literal” means “Illusion”.

It’s SIMPLE...
God revealed Knowledge About Himself to Certain men.
Men at large, exercised their Freewill to Believe Certain men...or not.
Certain men, by Gods example and instruction put Gods Word to TEXT...
First IN STONE, then in ink and paper, make copies and distribute among Men at large.
Nothing new, Men at large, exercise their Freewill to hear, read, learn, BELIEVE the information...or not.

Glory to God,
Taken

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? If I know there is a 1994 ford pickup sitting in my driveway it’s known right? It’s not like I believe it’s sitting out there, I know it’s sitting out there.
The belief is that the thought ‘pickup’ defines perception (seeing).
There’s no such thing as a pickup, there’s the believing of the thought, that there is.
God let’s you know he is real when you are truly looking for him so It starts with belief but in the end the Christian knows.
But at least with the pickup there is perception the thought points to.