Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Originally you said that we can't love God .

I said we certainly can.

Now you have posted something that is not related.

ok then.
What I said is that we cannot, of ourselves, give the heart to God. Just as God made the coats of skins to cover the Edenic pair's nakedness, and as Jesus stands at the door and knocks at our hearts—not the other way around, and as God giveth repentance to Israel, etc., etc.

But, hey, if an insatiable urge to correct others that I would never attribute to you compels you to persist in a legalistic form of grace I know you would never espouse...

I promise not to get into a twist about it. :Broadly:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What I said is that we cannot, of ourselves, give the heart to God.

Are you John Calvin?

What you are saying is that God causes us to Love Him, and give our life to Him, because we are a hand puppet and have no free will to love God of our own accord.

Is that what you are saying, posting, thinking?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you John Calvin?

What you are saying is that God causes us to Love Him, and give our life to Him, because we are a hand puppet and have no free will to love God of our own accord.

Is that what you are saying, posting, thinking?
Curses! Foiled again! You got me. I'm just a big, fat TULIP peddler!! Ask @Johann. He knows about me. :Laughingoutloud::jest:

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No such thing as free will - sinners are slaves of sin and the saints are slaves of righteousness.
Think there is a mistake here Barn'-I believe in freewill-so show me my post where I have said-"no such thing as freewill"
Thanks
Johann.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think there is a mistake here Barn'-I believe in freewill-so show me my post where I have said-"no such thing as freewill"
Thanks
Johann.
I'm sure we can clear it up quite satisfactorily.

I know you do, Brother; I do too (although I'm not too crazy about the label), and I know you're not real big on sarcasm, but I thought that was what we were doin", so...

Don't you remember me giving you that paper challenging predeterminism when you first got here? :)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm sure we can clear it up quite satisfactorily.

I know you do, Brother; I do too (although I'm not too crazy about the label), and I know you're not real big on sarcasm, but I thought that was what we were doin", so...

Don't you remember me giving you that paper challenging predeterminism when you first got here? :)
When I first joined here-I flooded this Forum with the teachings of Calvin-remember?
Well-I don't anymore, not on T.U.L.I.P.

John Calvin ascribed "free will" to all people in the sense that they act "voluntarily, and not by compulsion." He elaborated his position by allowing "that man has choice and that it is self-determined" and that his actions stem from "his own voluntary choosing."

Kindly send me a link that you gave me challenging predeterminism Barn.
Johann.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first joined here-I flooded this Forum with the teachings of Calvin-remember?
Like it was yersterday. You kicked up quite a scuffle, Rocky. ;)
And you're welcome! :stageright:
Johann.
I'll try to track it down. I don't remember if it was through a forum thread or PM (the latter, I think), but I'm pretty sure I have it buried somewhere on an external hard disk.

If I can't find it I'll just send you a link to an article I used to refresh me on most of the material. It's slightly intra-denominational, so it might be a bit odd to you, though.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John Calvin ascribed "free will" to all people in the sense that they act "voluntarily, and not by compulsion." He elaborated his position by allowing "that man has choice and that it is self-determined" and that his actions stem from "his own voluntary choosing."

Johann.
Here it is:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm just a big, fat TULIP peddler!!

Lets hope not.

Ive a recent story about that...

A few days ago, im on a "new" forum. And i can tell right away after joining that its a Hyper Calvinism Cross Denying Spiritual Death Camp.

Many Threads started by the mods and administrators that are "no or semi- free will".. 'Limited atonement"..."Pre-destined this". "Pre-destined that"..
You know... "rampant infectious John Calvinism"..

So, i posted on This Forum some advanced = "anti-Calvinism"...

I simply told them that :

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
Paul is not a Calvinist

The Mods and Administrators came running..

They told me. :

"you are attacking CHRISTIANITY"...

= "Attacking Christianity"

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you kindly my brother Barn.
Seems I cause a stir wherever I go-here, and where I am.
Love you Barn
Johann.
What're we gonna do with ya?

On second thought, maybe we better fix me first. I think I'm worse off.

Love you, Rock!

Fl0wf0q.jpg

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love you, Rock!

Fl0wf0q.jpg

Being from Philly and being an Italian, Rocky holds a special place in my heart!

I think I should clarify what I meant by the above. I was born and raised in Philadelphia and lived there for the first 24 years of my life. Then moved to 10 blocks from the beach in Jersey and then Upstate, NY before coming to Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife