Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother @Johann used that pic as an avatar when he first joined the forum!

Ahh, that makes sense!

My favorite quote that I look at quite a bit when I need a little boost is this one:

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”​

― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

• Love
Reactions: Johann

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being from Philly and being an Italian, Rocky holds a special place in my heart!
When I was in High School in Southern California we had to read aloud the screenplay from the first movie in English class. Southern California—don't it figure?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ahh, that makes sense!

My favorite quote that I look at quite a bit when I need a little boost is this one:

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”​

Sound advice from the Italian Stallion!
Johann.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in High School in Southern California we had to read aloud the screenplay from the first movie in English class. Southern California—don't it figure?

Being as biased as I am about Rocky, I say that it is a good thing that they did that!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh, that makes sense!

My favorite lines are from III:

Apollo to Rocky:

"There is no tomorrow!!!"

Rocky to Paulie:

"Don't get mentally irregular, all right?"