Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You are drawn to Christ.

Oh I see. My bad. I'm immune to the atypical psychological tricks perpetually used by Christianity so your attempt went right past me. You should realise that when you try to use psychological cajolery, scaremongering or other mind games that it's actually a form of abuse.

Reactions: Jim B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are aligned to one of the many sects, cults basing itself on its chosen flavour of the Bible.

As I said above, you're not in the majority. Which is why you need to include every other sect/cult basing itself on the Bible to fudge your numbers. Self delusion.
Divisive. Christians are one, set apart from the rest.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Patently absurd. Christians are very much not one.
Christians are very much one as all are one at the genus level. For instance all mammals are so categorized for having various characteristics in common.

This does not mean that there are no differences between a shrew and a blue whale.

Your capacity to use your consciousness properly - to differentiate and integrate existents - is severely handicapped by your tendency to invent word meanings to fit your ideology.

If you could be content to start with fundamental concepts AND courageously proceed in whatever direction facts and logic lead, regardless of the confusion, you’d move away from all your silly Atheism tenets.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Christians are very much one as all are one at the genus level. For instance all mammals are so categorized for having various characteristics in common.

This does not mean that there are no differences between a shrew and a blue whale.
Honestly your warped logic never ceases to amaze.

In effect then there is only one "religion" because all those separate religions are so categorized by all their followers engaging in belief of some kind. They all engage in prayer/meditation of some kind. They all think their way is the right way.

Reality check. A wolf is not a deer. They may share some traits like having 4 legs but they are fundamentally different animals.

One will readily attack the other and devour it.

Christian divisions gave us long wars. Protestants vs Catholics in Ireland for example. Religion itself has given humanity more and bloodier wars than anything else.

In the end it's about power and control. The endless fight for supremacy and the right to exploit and control the dumb masses for one's own ends.

Humanity will not progress or evolve until it rids itself of religion in all its forms and those who wilfully exploit the weakness of others.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh I see. My bad. I'm immune to the atypical psychological tricks perpetually used by Christianity so your attempt went right past me. You should realise that when you try to use psychological cajolery, scaremongering or other mind games that it's actually a form of abuse.
See how focussed and motivated you are. This faith of ours has got you. You're here because you need salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not of works.

• Love

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
See how focussed and motivated you are. This faith of ours has got you. You're here because you need salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not of works.
See how frustrated you are that you try this psychological nonsense on me. You're doing it because I'm an itch that you have to scratch. You can't help it. I'm in your head.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
See how frustrated you are that you try this psychological nonsense on me. You're doing it because I'm an itch that you have to scratch. You can't help it. I'm in your head.
Heb 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (13) And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

• Love

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly your warped logic never ceases to amaze.

In effect then there is only one "religion" because all those separate religions are so categorized by all their followers engaging in belief of some kind.
Projecting. Wow, skipping right over the proper level of classification. Going up a level, yes all religionists are generally alike compared to all non-religionists.

Most religions have something like denominations within their religion. For spitefulness sake, you deny this truth among Christians, pretending there is absolutely no common denominator among Christian groups AS IF the word has no legitimate purpose in language to integrate and differentiate existents.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reality check. A wolf is not a deer. They may share some traits like having 4 legs but they are fundamentally different animals.
Again, both wolves and deer are mammals. This means more than they ‘may’ share some traits; it means that in fact they actually do share specific traits.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Heb 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (13) And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Ah the scaremongering abuse. Rather cliché to be honest but as you're a rookie I'll let it pass

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

How's that demon driving going btw?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
AS IF the word has no legitimate purpose in language to integrate and differentiate existents.

Your numerous sects and cults can't even agree on what the word is. What the true version is, what interpretation is, what the true heritage of the scriptures is. Your farcical claim boils down to this:

All Christians read books so they are one and the same

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Including the religious tenets YOU hold?

What religious tenets? I simply follow the science to use a modern phrase. Science that is outlined in 1000s of works which happen to include the Bible and the Quran and the Baghavad Gita, the works of Taoism , Rosicrucianism, 100s and 100s of works of philosophers spanning 100s of years. No religion required.

Last edited:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No need to wonder. If that is a good incentive, then that is a good thing. It should be an incentive for you too,
No it's an absolutely appalling incentive, the threat of violence, death, misery.

Do as I say or else!

That's appalling and about as unloving as you could get. It's the stuff of wicked dictators like Hitler, Pol Pott, Idi Amin.

It also makes a mockery of the concept of free will.

• Haha
Reactions: Enoch111

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What religious tenets? I simply follow the science to use a modern phrase.
Nothing could be further from the truth than Atheists follow the science. IF you followed science, it would lead you directly to the Judeo-Christian God. You cannot even explain why the natural world obeys mathematical laws.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You cannot even explain why the natural world obeys mathematical laws.
One cannot explain anything to those with closed minds let alone to those whose minds are so deeply infected by religious indoctrination that they believe anyone who doesn't believe what they believe deserves to die. I would not waste my time trying.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One cannot explain anything to those with closed minds let alone to those whose minds are so deeply infected by religious indoctrination that they believe anyone who doesn't believe what they believe deserves to die. I would not waste my time trying.
Not even a clever dodge. You know why the natural world obeys mathematical law, you just don’t want to admit it.