Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Also, you are using some unstated criteria of the baby to dehumanize it as a life form. Fact is, it is human from the moment of conception - and not any other species.

No I'm not. Calling a fertilised egg a baby is both ridiculous and divisive and science would definitely not be on your side. It's simply an appeal to emotion which all anti-abortion supporters do in the absence of any tangible sound argument. A zygote, fetus or other barely developed organism is not a baby nor a human being. It may eventually become one but at that point it is definitely not one.
The question of species is irrelevant here.

Saying it is not human in ‘a’ sense does not make it non-human in ‘a’ sense. Just another example of atheists attempting to define their way out of the problem of being human.

Where did I say it was not human? At no point. That's twice now you have claimed I said things that I did not in order to state something you want to say. A poor debating style.

The organism is patently human by which is meant of the species Homo (esp Homo Sapiens). It has the DNA associated with Homo Sapiens. But then so does an appendix, liver or kidney. None of them are actual human beings. They are all organisms with human DNA.

Anti-abortion supporters have a desperate need to refer to a fertilised egg as a human being because they have no sound argument and thus need to use emotional content to try and dupe people.

A zygote is not a baby. It is not a human being. It is an organism, indeed a parasitic organism as another poster here pointed out, which has human DNA but lacks everything that would be needed for it to be a human being.

Last edited:

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Again, you are using an undefined criteria for "baby" that allows time from conception to this undefined point of development. It is an actual human from the moment of conception.
Again, no it is not. Absolutely not. It is a fertilised egg, then a zygote, then a blastocyst, an embryo, a fetus and so on.
It is not a baby, it is not a human being.

You want to create further divisions, such as fetus or embryo. However, science and morality are not on your side.

Again just wrong. Science and the medical world classify the various stages of these organisms as zygote, blastocyst, embryo and fetus, not me. It is the anti-abortion / forced pregnancy brigade that want to invent their own terms which are wholly out of line with science and medical practice.

The baby has a fully intact unique DNA from the moment of conception.
So does an appendix. Another losing argument.

A fully developed human may not occur for years and even decades after birth. Let's face it.

Irrelevant. Should we refer to ourselves as undeveloped corpses then?!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, no it is not. Absolutely not. It is a fertilised egg, then a zygote, then a blastocyst, an embryo, a fetus and so on.

Again just wrong. Science and the medical world classify the various stages of these organisms as zygote, blastocyst, embryo and fetus, not me. It is the anti-abortion / forced pregnancy brigade that want to invent their own terms which are wholly out of line with science and medical practice.

GREAT POST!!! IT SHOULD BE READ BY ALL!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Anti-abortion supporters such as Wrangler would love to have a nationwide Sharia Law put in place on women to prevent abortion.

One main argument they use is the fetus feeling pain. However, the fetus doesn’t feel pain until about 24 weeks in where the nervous system is significantly developed enough to the point of signals being sent back to the thalamus. At the end of the day, I’m not surprised that the Abrahamic religions are against abortion, given that their primary way of passing religion down is through procreation.

Religion is a lot like circumcision-if you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won’t be interested.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they’re quickly getting phased out, no power. But the Taliban-like mindset is still there.
America is a Christian nation. Always was.

Comparing Christians to the Taliban is like comparing Hindu's to the Democrat Party. Your hatred blinds you, as always.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm not. Calling a fertilised egg a baby is both ridiculous and divisive and science would definitely not be on your side.
Again, the science proves it has a unique human DNA from the moment of conception. Let's start there, at the beginning with claims of science.

The baby - even in the stage of its development as being only a fertilized egg - remains human and no other species. All you can do is deny this basic scientific fact.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say it was not human? At no point. That's twice now you have claimed I said things that I did not in order to state something you want to say. A poor debating style.
LOL. What type of fertilized egg, zygote, clump of living cells is it? You use these terms precisely to distract from the fact that the baby is a living human - at every stage of its development. Talk about poor debating style!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has the DNA associated with Homo Sapiens. But then so does an appendix, liver or kidney. None of them are actual human beings. They are all organisms with human DNA.
No. There is were you are totally wrong. A liver, appendix or kidney is part of a human's complete DNDA. The baby is a complete living human with unique DNA.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anti-abortion supporters have a desperate need to refer to a fertilised egg as a human being because they have no sound argument and thus need to use emotional content to try and dupe people.
No sound argument? The Declaration of Independence states that we have certain unalienable rights. The 1st right listed is life.

What has no sound argument is the blood thirsty baby killing. "My body. My choice" denies the baby is a separate body, temporarily connected to another. That other is shown in many species to fight to the death to protect its young.

That this instinct is sometimes absent in adult human females, shows how depraved we are. Our savagery is worse than animals. And you, a defender of baby killing, relying on sophistry.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science and the medical world classify the various stages of these organisms as zygote, blastocyst, embryo and fetus,
Subdividing the baby's development into other categories does not make abortion ending the life of another species.

Your only hope is to rely on some technical categorization AS IF such word play changes anything. Abortion still stops a human's beating heart.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion still stops a human's beating heart.

And unfortunately, sometimes that is a necessity when the mother's life is at risk.

We cannot lose sight of that and it doesn't matter what percentage are for that reason.

Reactions: Jim B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you may need to do more research on that.
I did exhaustive research on it and found the propaganda that America is not a Christian nation false.

Columbus' charter by Queen Isabella was for the purpose of spreading Christianity, which he did. The United States federal government created an Office of the Chaplain since the beginning. Every chaplain holding that office has been Christian. The largest demographic of the US is Christian, at 70% (It's lowest % since stats began).

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer, led by a Christian minister. Every US President has been Christian. Every court proceeding requires witnesses to take on oath on THE BIBLE that what they are going to say is true.

If any of this were not the case, even if there were ONE exception, anti-Christian propagandists would use it to support their false claim.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did exhaustive research on it and found the propaganda that America is not a Christian nation false.

Columbus' charter by Queen Isabella was for the purpose of spreading Christianity, which he did. The United States federal government created an Office of the Chaplain since the beginning. Every chaplain holding that office has been Christian. The largest demographic of the US is Christian, at 70% (It's lowest % since stats began).

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer, led by a Christian minister. Every US President has been Christian. Every court proceeding requires witnesses to take on oath on THE BIBLE that what they are going to say is true.

If any of this were not the case, even if there were ONE exception, anti-Christian propagandists would use it to support their false claim.

If you say so, but be that it was founded on freedom of religion to me means that any religion can be practiced here and the government cannot establish on religion over another. That alone speaks tonthis not being a Christian nation if if some want it to be.

As a Christian I am against making this a Christian nation. People should be able to choice what religion they are, even if we Christians think our is the only correct one.

Reactions: Jim B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States