Christians and the Law of Moses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the times of the Gentiles, Jesus is our sabbath rest (Hebrews 4).

Hebrews 3 and 4 explain the "rest" we are to be keeping

JUDE 1 [4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. [5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, afterward DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.

So who are these ungodly people who turned the GRACE of God into lasciviousness and who the Lord destroyed due to unbelief? Jude1 and Hebrews 3 and Zeke 20 are speaking of the same event. Alls we gotta do is go look at scripture that tells us why they were destroyed in the wilderness

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [15] WHILE IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION. [16] For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came OUT OF EGYPT by Moses. [17] But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS? [18] And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? [19] So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief
Scripture above (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - those that believed not - destroyed them)
Scripture below (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - polluted HIS SABBATHS - destroyed them)

EZEK.20 [10] Wherefore I caused them to go forth OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, and brought them INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11] And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.[12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.[13] But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

There it is. They were destroyed in the wilderness because they were not keeping Gods sabbath day. Dont walk with an evil heart of unbelief {Hebrews3v12}. Keep Gods sabbath day. Today hear His voice!

HEBREWS 4 [1] Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.[2] FOR UNTO US WAS THE GOSPEL PREACHED, AS WELL AS UNTO THEM: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.[3] For WE WHICH HAVE BELIEVED DO ENTER INTO REST,

The same gospel preach to us as to them. Those who believe the gospel keep Gods sabbath day. Those with the spirit of unbelief do not.

Reactions: Brakelite

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that the sabbath is a peripheral issue; and having knowledge of the SDA view on the matter I seek to follow it (without going overboard: I do not believe that worshiping on Sunday is the mark of the Beast).

The primary issue that the Bible wants us to consider is what is written in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 3:16, and Galatians 3:22....this is the gospel of Jesus Christ and ought to be our primary focus.

Even as Paul wrote to the Corinthians that he determined to know nothing among them except Jesus Christ and Him crucified (1 Corinthians 2:2).

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that the sabbath is a peripheral issue; and having knowledge of the SDA view on the matter I seek to follow it (without going overboard: I do not believe that worshiping on Sunday is the mark of the Beast).

Its not only rejecting His sabbath that will give you the mark

REV.14 [9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,[10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

above scripture sign – hand - forehead (between the eyes) - cup of indignation – the bad guys
below scriptures sign – hand - between thine eyes (forehead) - the LORDS LAW – the good guys

DEUT.6 [2] That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and HIS COMMANDMENTS, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.[3] Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.[4]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: [5]And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. [6]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7]And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. [8]And thou shalt bind them for A SIGN UPON THINE HAND, and they shall be as FRONTLETS BETWEEN THINE EYES.

EXOD.13 [9] And it shall be for a SIGN unto thee UPON THINE HAND, and for A MEMORIAL BETWEEN THINE EYES, that the LORD's LAW may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just point out the following verses:

Rom 7:4, Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5, For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Co 3:6, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just point out the following verses:

Rom 7:4, Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5, For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Co 3:6, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Why is it all the scriptures that are used to get rid of Gods commandments come out of the writings of Paul?

2 PETER 3 [15] And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which THEY THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, AS THEY DO ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.

Surely i believe the writings of Paul. They are hard to understand at times and a lot of people {to their own destruction} dont quite get it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that it says that they also do this with the other scriptures.

If you understand what Paul is saying, his statements can be truly edifying.