Christians and the Law of Moses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take it up with Jesus.....He was that One that used Paul as His Secretary to write it down......Jesus Also said that even though “ all things are Lawful”....... not everything is EXPEDIENT.....
Mmm. That's what I suspected. Interesting how the more we get into a conversation the more we understand one another. So, according to your understanding of scripture murder, adultery, theft, idolatry, blasphemy, etc is no longer unlawful, it just isn't expedient. Sure. Okay. This is Christianity you're talking about here right? Not Freemasonry? Makes me wonder if murder can then be fully justified if it can be shown to be expedient. The end justifies the means?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm. That's what I suspected. Interesting how the more we get into a conversation the more we understand one another. So, according to your understanding of scripture murder, adultery, theft, idolatry, blasphemy, etc is no longer unlawful, it just isn't expedient. Sure. Okay. This is Christianity you're talking about here right? Not Freemasonry? Makes me wonder if murder can then be fully justified if it can be shown to be expedient. The end justifies the means?

I don’t really understand it either.......Jesus used Paul to say it.....I’m just throwing it out there ...if you have a “ beef” about it .....take it up with them...

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ All Those Under the Law are under the CURSE of the Law......that “ Curse” would entail that if you choose your Performance to the Law as the basis of your Justification before a Holy God for your Salvation.....you have to obey every “ jot and tittle” of that Law 24/7...... good luck with that !

Luckily , I found a Loophole that gets me around a System That Paul declared “ impossible to Keep”——This “ Loophole” is available for Sinners everywhere.......find it in 1Cor15:1-4..... Its commonly referred to as Paul’s Gospel Of Grace.....( Given to Him personally by Jesus).....
If one decides to stay in Sabbath keeping, curse is upon them, as none save jesus ever kept it as God demanded!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, certainly agree with that. In believing you are doing precisely that and walking in obedience, and you read in the law something that doesn't harmonize with that walk, what do you do?
It's like when Jesus healed people on the sabbath day.

The law of love superseded the law of the sabbath.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the Letter of the Law and there is also the SPIRIT of the Law.....the latter trumps the former and Jesus “ kept” the Sprit Of The Law always.
Of course...the change in law spoken of in Hebrews 7:12 is that it was changed from being bound to the letter to being obedient to the spirit, of what is written.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or perhaps the law of love is the law of the Sabbath.
The sabbath law required that man not do any work on the sabbath.

In order to heal people according to His love, He had to work; and in doing this on the sabbath, He violated the letter of the sabbath laws.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No-one but Jesus kept the 6th commandment either as the law commanded. So what are you saying?
That just because Jesus as a jew born under the Law of isreal under the OC practiced and observed all things mean that we still need to under the new Covenant!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sabbath law required that man not do any work on the sabbath.

In order to heal people according to His love, He had to work; and in doing this on the sabbath, He violated the letter of the sabbath laws.
The commandment said that,...
KJV Exodus 20
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

So, who's work was Jesus doing in healing on the Sabbath?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commandment said that,...
KJV Exodus 20
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

So, who's work was Jesus doing in healing on the Sabbath?
That's a good point; but Jesus is God. So if He was doing God's work, He was dong His work.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath was sanctified... Set apart for holy use. Surely you wouldn't suggest that doing good for others is not a holy work?
In Exodus 20:10 you shall not do any work on the sabbath.

Exo 20:10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: