Christians are not sinners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not sinners
OP ^

OP Supposed Fact :rolleyes:
Pertaining to two words (Christians/ Sinners) with multiple meanings.

* Christians - are people who are following and believing the teachings of Jesus.
(Some ARE Saved, who sin no more.
(Some ARE NOT Saved, who still Commit sin.

* Sinner - is a condition that applies to all of mankind.
(Some ARE Forgiven Sinners, who sin no more.
(Some ARE NOT Forgiven, who still Commit sin.

nice to see scripture backing up you’re ideas?

Proverbs 24:16
“For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone except Jesus has sin in their past.

But the Bible doesn't say we should remain sinners for life.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Three separate verses, with Three separate applications.
Determining the application....ALL HANGS ON the CAVEAT of ..... IF

1 John 1:8
IF we claim “to BE WITHOUT sin”.....does not apply to the OP.

1 John 1:9
IF we “confess OUR sins”....(is acknowledging one has SIN, and 1 John 1:8 DOES NOT APPLY to a person)....nor does it apply to the OP

1 John 1:10
IF we claim we “HAVE NOT SINNED”....(is one denying he HAS COMMITTED SIN, and DOES NOT APPLY to a 1 John 1:9 confessing person)....nor does it apply to the OP

The OP Title, is neither CLAIMING;
TO BE....without sin, confessing sin, or have not sinned.

The OP Title, IS Claiming, IF a person is identifying themselves as a CHRISTIAN, they ARE “THEREFORE” NOT “COMMITTERS OF SIN”.

^ Scripture says no such thing.

1 John 1:8....”WITHOUT SIN”....Every earthly body HAS SIN.
....Some bodys have forgiven and covered sin.
....Some bodys have sin that is Not forgiven or covered.

1 John 1:9....”CONFESS OUR SINS”....First requires a person to acknowledge they HAVE SIN, HAVE COMMITTED SIN...thus the Scripture says SIN(S).
....Some people HAVE acknowledged their SIN(S), and asked for Forgiveness.
....Some people HAVE NOT acknowledged their SIN(S), nor asked for Forgiveness.

...THE MAJORITY of people on this Forum, have REVEALED, they acknowledged their SIN(S) and ASKED for Forgiveness.
....SOME others on this Forum, have REVEALED, they acknowledge their SIN(S) and ASKED for Forgiveness, BUT THAT THEY CONTINUE TO SIN, and REPEATEDLY ASK FOR FORGIVENESS....which means, the last portion of
1 John 1:9 does NOT apply to them...being purified from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.
* IF they had been PURIFIED FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...
Hasn’t that purification FROM ALL unrighteousness, MADE the man Righteous?
Does a Righteous man COMMIT SIN?
Or DID the “purification” (works of God), FAIL?

NOT in harmony with Scripture ^

Does a Title ie Christian, (as in the OP), make a man NOT a committer of SIN? No
The OP Title, IS Claiming, IF a person is identifying themselves as a CHRISTIAN, they ARE “THEREFORE” NOT “COMMITTERS OF SIN”.
Scripture says no such thing.

True. Identifying ourselves as Christians only sets us up for scrutiny and hypocrisy, if we do continue in sins.

Does a Title of Christian, (as in the OP), make a man NOT a committer of SIN? No.

True, as with identifying ourselves, a title means nothing, and certainly guarrantees even less.

But, this thread is not just about proper titles, it is also about what happens when they are properly used.

If Christians would correctly stop calling themselves sinners, which Scripture contradicts, then more Christians would stop acting like sinners.

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

I do not agree with OP....that “calling oneself A CHRISTIAN”... means they no longer “COMMIT SIN’.

No my statement either. You insert 'calling oneself', I don't, except in the above case about titles.

Christians: the saints in Christ Jesus are them that do not remain committed to sins, so that they do not do them and go to sin no more.

Christians as saints in Christ can be decieved into not committing themselves to the righteousness of God by continuing to think of themselves as sinners. Especially when they have a whole filthy host of hypocrites trying to convince them of such, and wont be judged for it. For those, the title of Christian is nothing but a filthy rag to wipe at their sins from time to time.

I boldly claim do NOT “commit” Sin...
^ THAT has nothing to do with a man calling himself a Christian.
^ THAT is not a claim I am “without” sin.
^ THAT is not a claim I have never “committed” sin.

True.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True. Identifying ourselves as Christians only sets us up for scrutiny and hypocrisy, if we do continue in sins.

Does a Title of Christian, (as in the OP), make a man NOT a committer of SIN? No.

True, as with identifying ourselves, a title means nothing, and certainly guarrantees even less.

But, this thread is not just about proper titles, it is also about what happens when they are properly used.

If Christians would correctly stop calling themselves sinners, which Scripture contradicts, then more Christians would stop acting like sinners.

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

I do not agree with OP....that “calling oneself A CHRISTIAN”... means they no longer “COMMIT SIN’.

No my statement either. You insert 'calling oneself', I don't, except in the above case about titles.

Christians: the saints in Christ Jesus are them that do not remain committed to sins, so that they do not do them and go to sin no more.

Christians as saints in Christ can be decieved into not committing themselves to the righteousness of God by continuing to think of themselves as sinners. Especially when they have a whole filthy host of hypocrites trying to convince them of such, and wont be judged for it. For those, the title of Christian is nothing but a filthy rag to wipe at their sins from time to time.

I boldly claim do NOT “commit” Sin...
^ THAT has nothing to do with a man calling himself a Christian.
^ THAT is not a claim I am “without” sin.
^ THAT is not a claim I have never “committed” sin.

True.

so robert derrick, its friday, how many sins you done committed so far today?? I think im probably up to about 8 myself.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone except Jesus has sin in their past.
Sure, and everyone except Jesus has sin in their present and future, too, in this life. As John says, if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8).

...the Bible doesn't say we should remain sinners for life.
Right, but it does say we will continue to sin, and thus struggle against sin, in this life. This is the race that, because we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, we are to run for the joy set before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, Who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Not "a race to continue in sin," but a race to escape the sin that so easily entangles us. This is Hebrews 12:1-4.

Grace and peace to you, Wy.