Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
You have that twisted as usual. Jesus was not speaking to Mary when He said that and you know it. If that was meant to be taken literally, we would all still be alive on planet earth today!

Good grief Charlie Brown!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well she is not Enoch or Elijah so therefore she is dead. John was the last of the apostles, if Mary had been translated into heaven I kinda think John would have noticed she was suddenly absent. :eek:

alive in Christ in the new creation, she is the mother of all the living in the new creation as Eve was in the old, but yes Mary died, and after three days (in the east they call it her dormition) she was taken to heave by her son and crowned queen of heaven and earth!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have that twisted as usual. Jesus was not speaking to Mary when He said that and you know it. If that was meant to be taken literally, we would all still be alive on planet earth today!

Good grief Charlie Brown!

no it says He who believes
All believers
Lk 1:45 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be a reference that can be said of the Pharisees and the Saducees at the time of Christ. They would be those that Jesus condemend but his remnant always existed and was the "church in the wilderness." Look up that term and you will find it there. I am not making the term up. It is in scripture.
Israel of old was referred to a a she.

The woman being chased by the dragon in Rev is Israel.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gigolo is a male.
Correct.

My point is that national Israel is the woman that is chased by the dragon in Rev.

Rev is future.

Mary and the unborn baby Jesus are not going to be chased around heaven in the future by the dragon as replacement theology teachers assume.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The woman being chased by the dragon in Rev is Israel.
No it is not Israel. These are the ONLY 3 verses in the entire book of Revelations that has the word "Israel" in it but there is not reference to "Israel" at all in chapter 12.

Rev 2:14...But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice immorality.
Rev 7:4...And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand sealed, out of every tribe of the sons of Israel,
Rev 21:12...It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed;

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left out a couple of important verses....

Rom 11:25,26
Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in, and so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob";
P.S. I'll take my Starbucks coffee with cream but no sugar please! :)
I love the stuff.

Yes, all of national Israel will be saved someday.

This is the promise to the fathers.

It was well known talk amongst the disciples when they asked Jesus if now was the time of that event in Acts 1.

Jesus simply told them that the timing of that event was none of their business(they would not see it).

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
alive in Christ in the new creation, she is the mother of all the living in the new creation as Eve was in the old, but yes Mary died, and after three days (in the east they call it her dormition) she was taken to heave by her son and crowned queen of heaven and earth!
And which one of the apostles said that?
How come John did not include it in his 3 books that was written looooong after Mary would have been dead?

That whole theory is laughable!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the stuff.

Yes, all of national Israel will be saved someday.

This is the promise to the fathers.

It was well known talk amongst the disciples when they asked Jesus if now was the time of that event in Acts 1.

Jesus simply told them that the timing of that event was none of their business(they would not see it).

Does that count all of the Israelis that have died up till now? All the evil kings? The Pharisees which condemned Jesus? Where does the line begin?

Reactions: Moriah's Song

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel and the dragon crucified Christ!

when did Israel or her offspring every keep the commandments or have the testimony of Christ

mary is satans adversary Gen 3:15 enmity total war
Rev 12 war between the dragon and Mary

Let us take our helper (advocate) and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so that she, who from the moment of her conception overcame Satan may show her power over these evil sects, in which is revived the contumacious spirit of the demon, together with his unsubdued perfidy and deceit. Let us beseech Michael, the prince of the heavenly angels, who drove out the infernal foe; and Joseph, the spouse of the most holy Virgin, and heavenly patron of the Catholic Church; and the great Apostles, Peter and Paul, the fathers and victorious champions of the Christian faith. By their patronage, and by perseverance in united prayer, we hope that God will mercifully and opportunely succor the human race, which is encompassed by so many dangers.

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace!

It only by the power of the Holy Spirit thru the immaculate purity of Mary that the virgin-mother brings forth the Holy son of God!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
No, future Israel in the scene of Rev represents the dragon(satan) trying the destroy the promise of the fathers(all Israel to be saved per Jer 31 and Romans 11), making God a liar.

God preserves her and his promise to the fathers.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And which one of the apostles said that?
How come John did not include it in his 3 books that was written looooong after Mary would have been dead?

That whole theory is laughable!

The only Queen of Heaven in the Bible is found in Jeremiah. God was very angry about it too

Jer 7:18 "The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."
and
Jer44:17-25
"17 We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our ancestors, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. 18 But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”

19 The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

20 Then Jeremiah said to all the people, both men and women, who were answering him, 21 “Did not the Lord remember and call to mind the incense burned in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem by you and your ancestors, your kings and your officials and the people of the land? 22 When the Lord could no longer endure your wicked actions and the detestable things you did, your land became a curse and a desolate waste without inhabitants, as it is today. 23 Because you have burned incense and have sinned against the Lord and have not obeyed him or followed his law or his decrees or his stipulations, this disaster has come upon you, as you now see.”

God cursed their ground because of this.

After all of the negative stuff written about the Queen of Heaven in the Bible, isn't it funny that Mary is referred to as such?

Reactions: Moriah's Song

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is not Israel. These are the ONLY 3 verses in the entire book of Revelations that has the word "Israel" in it but there is not reference to "Israel" at all in chapter 12.

Rev 2:14...But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice immorality.
Rev 7:4...And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand sealed, out of every tribe of the sons of Israel,
Rev 21:12...It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed;
So?

The passage is future.

Future Mary is not pregnant with Jesus in heaven, being chased by satan(RCC).

The future church is not chased around the land either.

Future Israel is in that land being chased by satan.

Now you know how the holocaust worked...to get them back home and to create the place for the future promise to finally be fulfilled.

Satan never stops trying to destroy them until Jesus returns.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that count all of the Israelis that have died up till now? All the evil kings? The Pharisees which condemned Jesus? Where does the line begin?
No, only when Christ returns to save the living persons in Israel.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's people have aways been believers in Christ. No "nation" on planet earth is going to go to heaven as a whole because that would have to include the unbelievers along with believers in Christ. It just is not the way God does things.
No, the nation is saved from the least to the greatest on EARTH.

The Millennial is on EARTH.

The individual goes to heaven.

Heaven and earth are not the same.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith teaches "replacement theology".

yes

you want scripture for that?

Start with Matt 21:43 kingdom taken from you (Israel)

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.