Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct . i have seen many get pulled out of mormism , out of the CC , out of any dangerous place .
IF one is a lamb they wont be able to remain in such a place for long . FOR GOD woketh within them
and they will grow and learn and come out from amongst that which is false .
I have seen it . And by grace , those who have come out and have grown and been seasoned
will then do all to help any and all who are headed down a dangerous and deadly slope of deceptoin .
Believe it , when i say its not out of hate i warn and expose lies , ITS OUT OF GREAT LOVE
for the peoples , for by the grace of GOD i now desire none to perish but rather they would
come to the true CHRIST and learn HIM WELL . HE IS OUR HOPE and HE IS OUR SALVATION .
But amigo, I see you dog every church on here. Which one, according to the way you see things, is the true church?Where do you attend church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a new covenant:

Jer31:31-32 31Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD.…

Also, God is no respecter of persons

Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

And if you've got some time, you should read this parable:Matt 21:33-43

do you believe that n replacement theology?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD does not tarry as some men do think , one day is with the LORD as a thousand years .
But now we see the signs of the times are quickly filling up .
We have many false prophets that do and are decieving many . and the LOVE of the TRUTH is growing cold
by a delusion of a false love and acceptance of sin , INQUITY has abounded and the TRUE LOVE for CHRIST ABOVE ALL
has been replaced by many with a false love that only a carnal mind can accept and see as love .
FOLKS FLEE those unity preachers , FLEE those who call evil good and good evil .
FLEE those who have taken off from HEEDING the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST and of the true apostels .
FLEE thos who wont correct and for love say , LETS NOT JUDGE , let us just hug and find common ground .
FLEE any church that focuses on bridge builders , finding common ground
and their version of the goodness of GOD has led to acceptance of sins and other paths as vaild and good .
FLEE them all who teach such things .
RETURN to the orginal faith that was once delivered unto the apostels by CHRIST
FLEE those who refuse correction and the only correction they do , is to accuse those who would correct error .
FLEE the pulpits of men gone wrong .
AND STAND ON THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST which was given by HIM and later expounded by the apostels .
FLEE the churches gone wrong . Learn those bibles for yourselves . AND HURRY
and let no man look back , but rather press onwards in CHRIST . LEARN HIM for yourselves .
Many are not gonna make it .
Too many are making the claim we are the way , and yet they teach not the way , the truth .
Flee the tabernacles of state churches mentality . We were never to blend poltics with religoin .
THERE is no hope in men of this world and that is how men get decieved .
LEARN JESUS , Open the bible and learn for yourselves and hurry and let none look back .

what about a the original faith!

apostles creed ok?

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
In truth it should read...."I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, THE WORSHIP OF MARY, IDOLS, FALSE TRADITIONS and the forgiveness of sins...."

Reactions: Jim B

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you believe that n replacement theology?

Gal 3:28, 29
"‏ 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Romans 2:28,29
"28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Reactions: Moriah's Song

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 18:2b-5,
“Fallen, fallen, is Babylon the great!
She has become a lair for demons,
a haunt for every unclean spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detested beast.
For all the nations have fallen from
the wine of her immoral passion,
and the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality with her,
and the merchants of the earth have gotten rich from the power of her sensual behavior.”

Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, so you will not take part in her sins and so you will not receive her plagues, because her sins have piled up all the way to heaven and God has remembered her crimes." NET v2.1

Clearly this is "Babylon the great", not the church. Context matters!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"‏ 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

"28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

You do realize that the Scripture that you chose are contradictory, right? "There is neither Jew nor Gentile..." "For he is not a Jew"..."but he is a Jew"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In truth it should read...."I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, THE WORSHIP OF MARY, IDOLS, FALSE TRADITIONS and the forgiveness of sins...."

you don’t believe in the forgiveness of sins?

The apostles creed is found in acts 2:42

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good for you

the church is an extension of Christ

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church has power to forgive sins?
Not through the church, a priest, the pope nor Mary can forgive sins. Only Jesus can forgive sins. “Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins” (Hebrews 9:22). Only Jesus shed blood for us by dying on the cross and since he was the only one who was sinless.

1Pe 2:22...He committed no sin; no guile was found on his lips.

Only a sinless person (Christ) can forgive sins. Neither the pope, a priest nor Mary can claim forgiveness.

Luk 1:46,47...And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,"

Reactions: Cassandra

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes cos the apostles are here to the end teaching thee faith
Matt 28:19-20
Not in the original MSS but I get the implication.
Mainstream Christianity has long been defiled by wrong teaching...by those even who call themselves Apostles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not through the church, a priest, the pope nor Mary can forgive sins. Only Jesus can forgive sins. “Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins” (Hebrews 9:22). Only Jesus shed blood for us by dying on the cross and since he was the only one who was sinless.

1Pe 2:22...He committed no sin; no guile was found on his lips.

Only a sinless person (Christ) can forgive sins. Neither the pope, a priest nor Mary can claim forgiveness.

Luk 1:46,47...And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,"

Bishops the successors of the apostles and the priests they ordain do have this power

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you (the apostles)

Jn 20:23 who’s sins you (the apostles) forgive are forgiven

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
His teaching authority!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mainstream Christianity has long been defiled by wrong teaching...by those even who call themselves Apostles.

not according to Christ and scripture
Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another long irrelevant post that most people don't bother because they see your repeated posts over and over and over again!

It's what is called as "attention getting"

It's what people do that need to be the center of attention all the time....especially those who are on multiple forums with multiple threads after threads.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize
If the church is defiled then Christ is defiled

The church is an extension of Christ!

Even His judging!
His teaching authority!

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20