Christians are sinners, but not of the devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ. Before Jesus saved me, I used to try and sin as much as possible, because I liked it so much, but now I hate it when I sin. I love Jesus being in my mind and heart and do not try to sin nor enjoy it, but I still do. When we sin we still believe Jesus is the Christ and our Savior, and we are not of the devil as others enjoying their sinning without any faith in Jesus.

I have no problem telling others I am a Christians sinner if they ask me. But I do not tell them I am of the devil nor a child of the devil when I do sin, because I don't enjoy it at all.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. (1 John 3.10)

Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ. Before Jesus saved me, I used to try and sin as much as possible, because I liked it so much, but now I hate it when I sin. I love Jesus being in my mind and heart and do not try to sin nor enjoy it, but I still do. When we sin we still believe Jesus is the Christ and our Savior, and we are not of the devil as others enjoying their sinning without any faith in Jesus.

I have no problem telling others I am a Christians sinner if they ask me. But I do not tell them I am of the devil nor a child of the devil when I do sin, because I don't enjoy it at all.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. (1 John 3.10)

Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.

Whole problem with that is that as a Christian, being born of God, you will not sin...

To sin is to be obedient to Satan...

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whole problem with that is that as a Christian, being born of God, you will not sin...

To sin is to be obedient to Satan...

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
Sorry. I Learning how to work my way around here.

I am not saved by works and I'm not saved by believing what is true doctrine. But that does not mean I do not like the study and learning of it. And the Bible is the only book I read about Jesus Christ. I do not avoid any intellectual debates about it all. I read where prophets, apostles, and other learned believers did the same thing.

Do you have a quote for Christians will not sin? You did not quote that in Romans and John. And I know there isn't. I am ignorant of the Bible at all, though no one knows it all.

This is also why I stopped allowing my faith in being saved by Jesus to be doubted by teachings and how to live.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

1 John 3:4 Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.c 5But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.

Reactions: True Faith

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I Learning how to work my way around here.

I am not saved by works and I'm not saved by believing what is true doctrine. But that does not mean I do not like the study and learning of it. And the Bible is the only book I read about Jesus Christ. I do not avoid any intellectual debates about it all. I read where prophets, apostles, and other learned believers did the same thing.

Do you have a quote for Christians will not sin? You did not quote that in Romans and John. And I know there isn't. I am ignorant of the Bible at all, though no one knows it all.

This is also why I stopped allowing my faith in being saved by Jesus to be doubted by teachings and how to live.

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

it was not the actions of the death of Jesus that saves you , it is what he said that saved you... People always ignore that one...

John 5:34 "But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved."

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

it was not the actions of the death of Jesus that saves you , it is what he said that saved you... People always ignore that one...

John 5:34 "But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved."
I'm sorry but you did not give me the quote about what you said. That Christians will not sin.

I know that is not true, because I do and will sin.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:4 Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.c 5But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.
That is true for unbelievers. Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ and are saved do not like sinning anymore, even though we do it.

For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. (Romans 7:22-23)

I do not enjoy sinning anymore as I did before I began to believe Jesus is the Christ. When we sin, we are not like the world nor the devil, because we don't enjoy it anymore. It is now something we must endure.

By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. (Hebrews 11.24-26)

It is not a disgrace for me to be sinning anymore like it used to be when I used to love doing it without shame. I am ashamed now but not disgraced nor unsaved. I am now ashamed of sinning because I don't like doing it and I was the same about that before. I have always been ashamed of doing something I did not want to do. But sinning was what I wanted to do all the time. Now I still do it and am ashamed of it but not disgraced by loving it.

Someone dancing around on a table in a bar in a drunken stupor is a disgrace. Someone off in the corner drinking too much is a shame.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but you did not give me the quote about what you said. That Christians will not sin.

I just gave you the Scripture...and if you continue to sin then you have made your self obedient to Satan to sin....

Paul says that you should turn from your old ways and walk life Ephesians 4:22-24 "
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

you must do your best to resist the temptations to sin...

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Reactions: True Faith

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

I should have included verse 10 as well...

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus wasting his breath,didn't know what he was talking about,when he told people to go and sin no more?
I often hear those who promote "sinless perfection" quote John 8:11 in which Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin no more." Jesus was telling the woman to go and leave her life of sin, namely, she had been practicing adultery. Also, Jesus cannot compromise his perfect holy standard, so of course He is not going to say, "go and just sin a little bit."

Reactions: Nancy and dhh712

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I often hear those who promote "sinless perfection" quote John 8:11 in which Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin no more." Jesus was telling the woman to go and leave her life of sin, namely, she had been practicing adultery. Also, Jesus cannot compromise his perfect holy standard, so of course He is not going to say, "go and just sin a little bit."
Great point one that goes to that Jesus standard and proffers the question with regard to that, do those who are in Christ and with Christ in them wilfully sin?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was Jesus wasting his breath,didn't know what he was talking about,when he told people to go and sin no more?

You didn't answer my question.

Is Paul going to hell for not being sinlessly perfect? Is Paul in hell right now? Was Paul sinlessly perfect in word thought and deed?