Christians are sinners, but not of the devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question.

Is Paul going to hell for not being sinlessly perfect? Is Paul in hell right now? Was Paul sinlessly perfect in word thought and deed?
No one is in hell today. Nor in heaven until the judgement.

And I did answer your question. As have all members who shared passages relating to sin and those in Christ.

Reactions: Phoneman777

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus wasting his breath,didn't know what he was talking about,when he told people to go and sin no more?

Yes. He knew they would sin in fact he even decided to give up his life on the cross for those same sins, and the sins of those who would live and sin in the future like you and I.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ..

Right, at least Christians have got a good chance of making it through the pearlies, but nonchristians have got absolutely NO chance at all..:)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ. Before Jesus saved me, I used to try and sin as much as possible, because I liked it so much, but now I hate it when I sin. I love Jesus being in my mind and heart and do not try to sin nor enjoy it, but I still do. When we sin we still believe Jesus is the Christ and our Savior, and we are not of the devil as others enjoying their sinning without any faith in Jesus.

I have no problem telling others I am a Christians sinner if they ask me. But I do not tell them I am of the devil nor a child of the devil when I do sin, because I don't enjoy it at all.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. (1 John 3.10)

Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.

Very true, even though all Christians are sinners they are Jesus' followers, not satans

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just gave you the Scripture...and if you continue to sin then you have made your self obedient to Satan to sin....

Paul says that you should turn from your old ways and walk life Ephesians 4:22-24 "
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

you must do your best to resist the temptations to sin...
I do agree we should try not to sin and everyone in the world should not. we are all created by God. I used to be someone that tried to sin as much as I could. I have friends and neighbors that are not Christians and they do their best not to do wrong to others or mess up their lives. That is not the same as we will not do that. There are no bible verses that say we will not sin. The Bible does say we should not sin and we ought to live like Jesus.

As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. (1 Thess 4.1)

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2.6)

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. (1 John 4.13)

I know I live in Him because I know I believe in Him and have His Spirit in me and believe I am saved by Him. I don't have the same spirit I used to or the same life. I no longer try to be saved by believing or claiming how I will live. The Bible encourages us to do what most people already try to do good and not be evil. We know we ought not to do certain things and ought to resist it. I used to not resist anything if I could get away with it.

The only claim I have to make is I believe Jesus is the Christ and I know I believe I am saved by Him forever and make sure I believe that all the time. This requires a conscious awareness and sometimes its easier than others.

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips. (Ex 23.13)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Phil 4.12-13)

If you want to claim you will not sin, than that is great and you may even do it. So long as we believe Jesus is the Christ and we believe we are saved, then we can live up to whatever claims we make or not. I know longer even try to make any claims anymore.

When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. (Eccl 5.4)

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree we should try not to sin and everyone in the world should not. we are all created by God. I used to be someone that tried to sin as much as I could. I have friends and neighbors that are not Christians and they do their best not to do wrong to others or mess up their lives. That is not the same as we will not do that. There are no bible verses that say we will not sin. The Bible does say we should not sin and we ought to live like Jesus.

As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. (1 Thess 4.1)

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2.6)

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. (1 John 4.13)

I know I live in Him because I know I believe in Him and have His Spirit in me and believe I am saved by Him. I don't have the same spirit I used to or the same life. I no longer try to be saved by believing or claiming how I will live. The Bible encourages us to do what most people already try to do good and not be evil. We know we ought not to do certain things and ought to resist it. I used to not resist anything if I could get away with it.

The only claim I have to make is I believe Jesus is the Christ and I know I believe I am saved by Him forever and make sure I believe that all the time. This requires a conscious awareness and sometimes its easier than others.

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips. (Ex 23.13)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Phil 4.12-13)

If you want to claim you will not sin, than that is great and you may even do it. So long as we believe Jesus is the Christ and we believe we are saved, then we can live up to whatever claims we make or not. I know longer even try to make any claims anymore.

When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. (Eccl 5.4)

Not one single person is saved as long as they continue in sin.... God tells you what you should not do, the 10 commandments, then as a Christian, those are the things you should not be doing... Simple as that... what catches people up is the Pride and vanity because that is them placing themselves above God and no one is above God...

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Apostle Paul admitted he was a sinner. My question to everyone in this thread who thinks they don't sin anymore:

Is Paul going to hell?
That would have already been decided by God.

Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. (Heb 9.27)

Paul was confident of his own salvation at the end of his life by the fact that he still believed Jesus and the gospel of our salvation.

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Tim 4.6-7)

What will we believe if we know we are about to die? My daily practice of faith is always believing in Jesus and my salvation. How we live or die is up to us, but my hope of believing in Jesus at death is lived by me doing it up to that time.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christians who are in Christ and Christ is in them are not sinners. They're Saints.

If a Christian identifies as a sinner also, they're contradicting the power of Christ and impugning the legitimacy of his Gospel.

Jesus said his purpose was to save sinners. If we're saying you are saved and still a sinner, we're saying Jesus failed.
Are Christians Sinners or Saints? - Berean Publishers

Reactions: Wynona

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is in hell today. Nor in heaven until the judgement.

And I did answer your question. As have all members who shared passages relating to sin and those in Christ.
There are a few exceptions...Elijah, the "many of the bodies of the saints which slept", Enoch, etc. - but, generally, heaven and hell won't be arrived at until the Resurrections.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ. Before Jesus saved me, I used to try and sin as much as possible, because I liked it so much, but now I hate it when I sin. I love Jesus being in my mind and heart and do not try to sin nor enjoy it, but I still do. When we sin we still believe Jesus is the Christ and our Savior, and we are not of the devil as others enjoying their sinning without any faith in Jesus.

I have no problem telling others I am a Christians sinner if they ask me. But I do not tell them I am of the devil nor a child of the devil when I do sin, because I don't enjoy it at all.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. (1 John 3.10)

Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.
Who told you this? Some lying pulpit prophet? I assure you, the "Christian" who continues in habitual, deliberate, known, presumptuous sin is going to split hell wide open.

The Just Man falls 7 times and rises up again, but cries out to God for mercy and help to escape and strives thereafter to remain on the Path of the Just -- he can be assured of limitless mercy from God each time he falls down as he strives to "walk even as He walked".

The Presumptuous Man who is guilty of the "great transgression" (Psalms 19:13 KJV) climbs down into the pit of sin, sits down comfortably among the filth, swats away the uplifting hand of Jesus, and pushes his "OSAS License to Sin" in His face. That "Christian" will most assuredly go to hell.

Please stop corrupting the Gospel with this liberal, "sloppy agape", "greasy grace" psuedo-gospel, friend. It is not true and is helping to send many a lost soul sitting in church to a Christ-less grave.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)
How do you know that? Are you denying the bible tells us we ought to?

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2)

Why do you say no one is living more like Jesus than you? Do you know everyone that believes Jesus is the Christ and claims they love Him? Are you the one to tell other Christians how they can't live? If you don't like other Christians telling you how you must live then why do you tell them how cannot live?

You make judgements of people you don't even know. Is the way you live the standard for Christians to follow or is Jesus the only example for us in the Bible?

This is where things get messed up and I have rejected all of it. I don't let my salvation be based upon how I live or how others say I ought live or say I ought not to live. And I don't judge the salvation of others by how they live or claim to live. I judge only others as myself that if I believe Jesus is the Christ I am saved and I can say it without shame. If someone cannot say that, then they need to be saved.

By saying someone else is self righteous just because they live better than us, is just as wrong as saying someone else is not saved because they live worse than us.

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. (James 4.11)

If someone is playing better in a sport and winning all the time, does that mean we must assume they're cheating? Or that they are wrong for winning so much? If we envy their success, then we should learn from them and try to do the same things and win for ourselves. I have just come to the place where I don't care who is winning or not if it means I have to base my faith and salvation on it.

No one lives exactly the same. Some live better than me and some live worse and I give credit where it is due, and I don't run down the others, but I don't argue about how it makes anyone more saved or less saved than me. There are people whose lives I can admire and don't claim to be Christians at all. There are muslims that live better than me and I don't deny it or begrudge it.

When you say those who are living better than you must be self-righteous, then you are showing your envy. Instead of running them down, you ought face up to yourself and try to do the same, and if you really want to and are failing, then you have Jesus to help you. My point is that I like my life now as a Christian. I love focusing on believing Jesus and believing I am forever saved. That is where I do excel and it has nothing to do with how I am behaving or how I compare to others. Whether I am doing good or not I must believe Jesus is my Savior to go to heaven.

We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the sphere of service God himself has assigned to us, a sphere that also includes you. We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. (2 Cor 10.13-14)

Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! (James 5.9)

If someone is living exactly as Jesus lived, then that is great, but if they are basing being saved by it, then they must always live that way or else their faith will fail them if they don't.

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." (Gal 3.10)

Jesus will not fail anyone, but our faith can fail us if it is based on how we are living. The warning of the Bible to believers is not to lose our faith because of our works. I have seen Christians that could no longer say they believed Jesus and believed they were saved, because they had failed to live up to something we ought to do. What they failed was not Jesus but themselves. They failed in their own expectations of themselves and it cost them their faith. I saw this happening to others and with myself, and so I quit that failing race.

If someone is living just like Jesus as the Bible exhorts us to, then that is a good thing. The Bible does not say we will sin or we will not. The Bible only tells us we ought to but only those that do believe Jesus is the Christ have eternal life.

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5.13)

When I say I sin and will sin that is my life. But that doesn't mean that I judge others as self righteous for not sinning. And even though I believe I will sin, that does not mean I always will when tempted, because I don't.

I just don't base my salvation on any of it anymore, and if others are, then they are doing what I used to do and never had any peace we are promised by Jesus.

If someone is saying we ought to live exactly as Jesus or we will not be saved when we die, then that is what I reject. But that does not mean I reject that anyone can. I do not reject any Bible. Any Christian can live exactly like Jesus because the Bible says we ought to and we can.

I understand what it is to be sinning and I understand what it is not to be sinning, but one thing I do know that only by believing Jesus is the Christ and our Savior are we saved. It just doesn't make anyone with plenty of salvation or in need of being saved. We can be more right living than a brother or sister and more like Jesus and they can be more right living than us, but only by believing Jesus is the Christ and trusting in Him saving us will we meet Him in heaven.

Job shows that how we are living does not guarantee how blessed we are by God. Job had to learn that our salvation does not depend on how we are living but only on how we are believing. Job's only challenge was to keep his faith in God and he did.

As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. (James 5.11)

Whether I am sinning or whether I am doing good like Jesus, I am still saved by Jesus because I have faith to believe it.

I don't condemn any Christian sinning as being unsaved and I don't judge the Christian not sinning as being self righteous, but I only judge that if we believe Jesus is the Christ and can say so without shame, then we are born of His Spirit.

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor 12.3)

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you this? Some lying pulpit prophet? I assure you, the "Christian" who continues in habitual, deliberate, known, presumptuous sin is going to split hell wide open.
Please stop corrupting the Gospel with this liberal, "sloppy agape", "greasy grace" psuedo-gospel, friend.
It looks like you have plenty of friends that will split hell wide open.

There is nothing sloppy or greasy about me nor dishonest nor pretentious and I know exactly what you are. Only my mother can slap me across the face and say I needed that. Remember, one thing I am not someone claiming any level of righteousness in life. So you can thank God you are not saying these things to my face. I see your picture. You don't see mine. This is the kind of bravado that people safely behind pulpits or on line like to shout out. I can take a punch and be corrected in life, but no amount of punching will hit me so hard, that I do not believe Jesus is the Christ and is my Savior forever. Which includes your bragging words. That is the only boasting I make.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that? Are you denying the bible tells us we ought to?

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2)

Why do you say no one is living more like Jesus than you? Do you know everyone that believes Jesus is the Christ and claims they love Him? Are you the one to tell other Christians how they can't live? If you don't like other Christians telling you how you must live then why do you tell them how cannot live?

You make judgements of people you don't even know. Is the way you live the standard for Christians to follow or is Jesus the only example for us in the Bible?

This is where things get messed up and I have rejected all of it. I don't let my salvation be based upon how I live or how others say I ought live or say I ought not to live. And I don't judge the salvation of others by how they live or claim to live. I judge only others as myself that if I believe Jesus is the Christ I am saved and I can say it without shame. If someone cannot say that, then they need to be saved.

By saying someone else is self righteous just because they live better than us, is just as wrong as saying someone else is not saved because they live worse than us.

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. (James 4.11)

If someone is playing better in a sport and winning all the time, does that mean we must assume they're cheating? Or that they are wrong for winning so much? If we envy their success, then we should learn from them and try to do the same things and win for ourselves. I have just come to the place where I don't care who is winning or not if it means I have to base my faith and salvation on it.

No one lives exactly the same. Some live better than me and some live worse and I give credit where it is due, and I don't run down the others, but I don't argue about how it makes anyone more saved or less saved than me. There are people whose lives I can admire and don't claim to be Christians at all. There are muslims that live better than me and I don't deny it or begrudge it.

When you say those who are living better than you must be self-righteous, then you are showing your envy. Instead of running them down, you ought face up to yourself and try to do the same, and if you really want to and are failing, then you have Jesus to help you. My point is that I like my life now as a Christian. I love focusing on believing Jesus and believing I am forever saved. That is where I do excel and it has nothing to do with how I am behaving or how I compare to others. Whether I am doing good or not I must believe Jesus is my Savior to go to heaven.

We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the sphere of service God himself has assigned to us, a sphere that also includes you. We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. (2 Cor 10.13-14)

Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! (James 5.9)

If someone is living exactly as Jesus lived, then that is great, but if they are basing being saved by it, then they must always live that way or else their faith will fail them if they don't.

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." (Gal 3.10)

Jesus will not fail anyone, but our faith can fail us if it is based on how we are living. The warning of the Bible to believers is not to lose our faith because of our works. I have seen Christians that could no longer say they believed Jesus and believed they were saved, because they had failed to live up to something we ought to do. What they failed was not Jesus but themselves. They failed in their own expectations of themselves and it cost them their faith. I saw this happening to others and with myself, and so I quit that failing race.

If someone is living just like Jesus as the Bible exhorts us to, then that is a good thing. The Bible does not say we will sin or we will not. The Bible only tells us we ought to but only those that do believe Jesus is the Christ have eternal life.

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5.13)

When I say I sin and will sin that is my life. But that doesn't mean that I judge others as self righteous for not sinning. And even though I believe I will sin, that does not mean I always will when tempted, because I don't.

I just don't base my salvation on any of it anymore, and if others are, then they are doing what I used to do and never had any peace we are promised by Jesus.

If someone is saying we ought to live exactly as Jesus or we will not be saved when we die, then that is what I reject. But that does not mean I reject that anyone can. I do not reject any Bible. Any Christian can live exactly like Jesus because the Bible says we ought to and we can.

I understand what it is to be sinning and I understand what it is not to be sinning, but one thing I do know that only by believing Jesus is the Christ and our Savior are we saved. It just doesn't make anyone with plenty of salvation or in need of being saved. We can be more right living than a brother or sister and more like Jesus and they can be more right living than us, but only by believing Jesus is the Christ and trusting in Him saving us will we meet Him in heaven.

Job shows that how we are living does not guarantee how blessed we are by God. Job had to learn that our salvation does not depend on how we are living but only on how we are believing. Job's only challenge was to keep his faith in God and he did.

As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. (James 5.11)

Whether I am sinning or whether I am doing good like Jesus, I am still saved by Jesus because I have faith to believe it.

I don't condemn any Christian sinning as being unsaved and I don't judge the Christian not sinning as being self righteous, but I only judge that if we believe Jesus is the Christ and can say so without shame, then we are born of His Spirit.

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor 12.3)
Good grief! Why such a long post? 1 John 1:8-10 says it all, regardless of what others claim.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians who are in Christ and Christ is in them are not sinners. They're Saints.

If a Christian identifies as a sinner also, they're contradicting the power of Christ and impugning the legitimacy of his Gospel.

Jesus said his purpose was to save sinners. If we're saying you are saved and still a sinner, we're saying Jesus failed.
Are Christians Sinners or Saints? - Berean Publishers

I agree wholeheartedly with this. We are saints, not sinners.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul, Lot, David, John the Baptist all considered themselves sinners and vile.

Are you greater than they?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, Lot, David, John the Baptist all considered themselves sinners and vile.

Are you greater than they?

When did John the Baptist consider himself a sinner?

Paul did say "sinners of which I am chief." But the New Testament alone uses the word saint or saints to refer to believers 67 times. The Bible calls us saints over and over again. Paul did not remain a Christian murdering zealot his whole life.