Christians are sinners, but not of the devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Meaning, if you believe you will sin again, you are regarding in iniquity in your heart and the Lord is not really going to hear your prayer of forgiveness.

Anyone who teaches that a born again believer can't live a holy life, is teaching that they are going to "sin again".

Anyone who does not understand that God has made all the born again "the righteousness of God, in Christ"...... will believe that they can lose their salvation.

Anyone who believes they can lose their Salvation, has broken faith or no faith in Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is the mercy of God that I am given opportunity to confess my sinning and be forgiven..

God forgave the world its sin, 2000 yrs ago.

2 Corinthians 5:19.

But to receive this eternal forgiveness, you have to be born again.. To be born again, means you have given God your Faith in Christ, and "faith is counted as righteousness" by God, who then does this.. "Justified by FAITH".
When this has happened to you....then notice this..

"""""For GOD hath made JESUS to be SIN for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.""""

Look carefully......notice...>"the righteousness of God in Christ".

See that? There is no SIN in "the righteousness of God".... and that is what the Born again have BECOME as a Son/Daughter of God.

Listen, you have to have the same righteousness of GOD before God will have you as His own.
So, Christ came here, to provide this to us, as "the Gift of Righteousness" that IS our SALVATION , which means we are born again when we have it.

What you have to come to SEE, is.....(if you are actually born again, and not just water baptized and religious)...is that if you are confessing sin, you are confessing it as a born again, righteousness of God, in Christ...>"new Creation", as that is who you are become.
When you understand this, then your confessing issue, and your lust issue, and your sin consciousness issue, will be dealt with by the Grace of God.
But not until.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who teaches that a born again believer can't live a holy life, is teaching that they are going to "sin again".

Anyone who does not understand that God has made all the born again "the righteousness of God, in Christ"...... will believe that they can lose their salvation.

Anyone who believes they can lose their Salvation, has broken faith or no faith in Christ.

We'll see, because those not prepared for what is soon to come upon this earth, and think they are going to be raptured out before the coming of the Antichrist, those just might be ready to commit one of the gravest sins of this present world time, that of falling away into deception to worship the WRONG Messiah. The Antichrist comes first playing Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
that of falling away into deception.

Let me show you something Davy.

"the great falling away", is this..

The Church, the body of Christ, has fallen away from The Gospel of the Grace of God and has been subverted by "the gospel of works" and "the gospel of Self saving".. . This is LEGALISM, and that has happened.
For example, you can talk to Bible Hightlighter, and he will tell you that its not by Grace you are saved, its by WORKS.
See that?
That is the Anti-Christ, anti-CROSS "doctrine of devils'".
Its everywhere.

"works, works, works" to be saved and "works, works, works, to stay saved".

= "doctrine of devil's. "the great falling away".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Christians that believe Jesus is the Christ, and we are all sinners that need to believe in Him all the time. But we are not sinners like others that do not believe Jesus is the Christ. Before Jesus saved me, I used to try and sin as much as possible, because I liked it so much, but now I hate it when I sin. I love Jesus being in my mind and heart and do not try to sin nor enjoy it, but I still do. When we sin we still believe Jesus is the Christ and our Savior, and we are not of the devil as others enjoying their sinning without any faith in Jesus.

I have no problem telling others I am a Christians sinner if they ask me. But I do not tell them I am of the devil nor a child of the devil when I do sin, because I don't enjoy it at all.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. (1 John 3.10)

Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.

That is actually pretty close to The Scriptures of God's Word. We have all been concluded under sin that the promise by Faith might be to those who believe on Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:22).

In Isaiah 5:18-19, the wicked workers of iniquity pull a cart with a rope, which the KJV didn't do a great translation job there, as it means the wicked pull a cart of their sins around with a rope, like a show and tell, being proud of their sinning. That is what it means to be a 'habitual sinner'.

Isa 5:18-19
18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
19 That say, "Let Him make speed, and hasten His work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!"
KJV

There are new babes in Christ that struggle with destroying their 'old man' of the life of sin they had before coming to Christ Jesus. Those who have smoked cigarettes for many years well know how hard it is to quit that vice. So someone trying to stop that bad habit, may slip up at times until they get final control over it, asking Jesus to help. That slip up does NOT mean a 'habitual sinner'.

A 'habitual sinner' is one who does not... desire... to quit sinning, but loves to sin, and even teaches others how to sin. That state is what God's Word is actually talking about with the wicked that are to be destroyed.

Even after having believed on Jesus and been baptized, we can still slip up at times just because of the desires and lusts our flesh causes, which is a thing only for this present world of imperfections. When Lord Jesus was born in the flesh like us, but had NO SIN at all, that further proved He is GOD having come in the flesh, as written (Matthew 1:23). But we are not our 'own' Christ, and can only be 'counted' perfect when we repent of future sin, and ask Him forgiveness, like Apostle John taught in 1 John 1.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is actually pretty close to The Scriptures of God's Word. We have all been concluded under sin that the promise by Faith might be to those who believe on Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:22).

In Isaiah 5:18-19, the wicked workers of iniquity pull a cart with a rope, which the KJV didn't do a great translation job there, as it means the wicked pull a cart of their sins around with a rope, like a show and tell, being proud of their sinning. That is what it means to be a 'habitual sinner'.

Isa 5:18-19
18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
19 That say, "Let Him make speed, and hasten His work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!"
KJV

There are new babes in Christ that struggle with destroying their 'old man' of the life of sin they had before coming to Christ Jesus. Those who have smoked cigarettes for many years well know how hard it is to quit that vice. So someone trying to stop that bad habit, may slip up at times until they get final control over it, asking Jesus to help. That slip up does NOT mean a 'habitual sinner'.

A 'habitual sinner' is one who does not... desire... to quit sinning, but loves to sin, and even teaches others how to sin. That state is what God's Word is actually talking about with the wicked that are to be destroyed.

Even after having believed on Jesus and been baptized, we can still slip up at times just because of the desires and lusts our flesh causes, which is a thing only for this present world of imperfections. When Lord Jesus was born in the flesh like us, but had NO SIN at all, that further proved He is GOD having come in the flesh, as written (Matthew 1:23). But we are not our 'own' Christ, and can only be 'counted' perfect when we repent of future sin, and ask Him forgiveness, like Apostle John taught in 1 John 1.
Thanks for adding more Bible to it like the part about proudly displaying what sinners we are. I used to do that and try to drink people under the table or tear into someone without getting hurt myself. But I don't call sinning a slip up. Sinning is still sinning no matter how many times. It's not how often we sin but our manner is different because we don't seek it out to enjoy it anymore, so it's not running with the devil as best buddies anymore. So we sin less and without enjoying it, but it's still sinning.

What do you mean by repenting of future sin? Are you talking about committing ourselves to not sin again? Are you saying we ask for forgiveness of future sinning?

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But to receive this eternal forgiveness, you have to be born again.. To be born again, means you have given God your Faith in Christ, and "faith is counted as righteousness" by God, who then does this.. "Justified by FAITH".

"""""For GOD hath made JESUS to be SIN for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.""""

See that? There is no SIN in "the righteousness of God".... and that is what the Born again have BECOME as a Son/Daughter of God.

Listen, you have to have the same righteousness of GOD before God will have you as His own.
So, Christ came here, to provide this to us, as "the Gift of Righteousness" that IS our SALVATION , which means we are born again when we have it.

What you have to come to SEE, is.....(if you are actually born again, and not just water baptized and religious)...is that if you are confessing sin, you are confessing it as a born again, righteousness of God, in Christ...>"new Creation", as that is who you are become.
When you understand this, then your confessing issue, and your lust issue, and your sin consciousness issue, will be dealt with by the Grace of God.
But not until.
God hasn't forgiven the world, because the world and the friends of the world are still His enemies. No one can forgive an enemy while being attacked by them. That's passive nonsense. When Stephen asked God to forgive them while stoning him, that doesn't mean God did. God does not forgive people for sinning against Him, because someone else asks Him to. John says we can pray for someone else sinning, and James says we can help convert them, but ultimately we have to confess our sin in order to be forgiven.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1.9)

Are you saying we have no sin, when we become His righteousness and there is no sin in His righteousness?

Are you saying by grace our lust issue will go away? We won't lust anymore and so not sin anymore? What is a sin consciousness issue? You mean we won't be sinning anymore and so have no consciousness of sinning and so will not need to confess it anymore?

Is this the result of the teaching you have, where works of the flesh is not counted as sinning by God, because we are not under the law? We still do wrong carnal deeds but are not sinning against the law anymore, and so we should not think we are sinning by them and have consciousness of it as sin and not confess it as sinning anymore?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But not until.
For God so forgave the world, that He gave His only begotten Son...

Another little tidbit from OSAS. Thanks.

So let's ponder this one and find out how it fits into the wide wide world of OSAS unconditionally saved and already forgiven theology.

I think that's it. This has to do with all sins already forgiven! Perfect! You are saying God already forgave the whole world of all it's sins 2000 years ago, and so anyone that actually believes that tripe, therefore receives all that forgiveness of the world past, present, and future.

Ingenious.

So, all the world is forgiven already, and just doesn't know it yet.

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.

The man Jesus bled to death on a cross, and all the world became forgiven of all its' sins by God. Sins forgiven is salvation and being cleansed from all unrighteousness. And so, voila, all the world is saved. If God has forgiven our sins, whether we know it or not, they are forgiven, and so we are all saved, whether we believe it or not.

When I was an unrepentant sinner, I tried to imagine all the world would be saved in the end, and didn't mind any evil person going to heaven, just as long as I got there too while still sinning.

And now OSAS teaches it, to ensure they go to heaven while sinning with the forgiven world.

Now that's truly unconditional salvation: the world is already forgiven and saved, and they don't even need to believe it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for adding more Bible to it like the part about proudly displaying what sinners we are. I used to do that and try to drink people under the table or tear into someone without getting hurt myself. But I don't call sinning a slip up. Sinning is still sinning no matter how many times. It's not how often we sin but our manner is different because we don't seek it out to enjoy it anymore, so it's not running with the devil as best buddies anymore. So we sin less and without enjoying it, but it's still sinning.

What do you mean by repenting of future sin? Are you talking about committing ourselves to not sin again? Are you saying we ask for forgiveness of future sinning?

Of course a 'slip up' means sinning, so that shouldn't be created as an argument that changes anything I said in my post.

1 John 1 declares us all as sinners, and shows that IF we catch ourselves in a future slip up, we are to repent of it to Jesus, and He is faithful to forgiven us and cleanse us.

1 John 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

John spoke that to 'believers' on Christ, not unbelievers.
The prayer Jesus gave His Apostles (and us) to say when they asked Him how to pray per Luke 11 asks forgiveness of sins.

So yeah, when we commit future sin we are to REPENT and ask Him forgiveness of it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We were once all sinners - living a sinful life.
Now we are Christians we are righteous in God's eyes - but only through the blood of his Son. We do however have to control our sinful tendencies, but we have the Holy Spirit to help us.

Reactions: mailmandan

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were once all sinners - living a sinful life.
Now we are Christians we are righteous in God's eyes - but only through the blood of his Son. We do however have to control our sinful tendencies, but we have the Holy Spirit to help us.

Righteous ONLY IF... one remains in the Faith and following Christ by The Holy Spirit. Pretty obvious even in high places there are many claiming to be Christian who's actions show they have left the Faith. Someone just saying they are a Christian is not enough proof. One should have works to prove it, like Apostle James said.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Righteous ONLY IF... .

Being born again proves you have become Born again.
To become born again, is to have been "made Righteous", by God.

To be "made Righteous" by God is to now exist as a SON/Daughter of God.....a "new Creation in Christ'.

This has happened, its not in process., and its not based on holding onto faith. Its based on God accepting faith ONE TIME, and then He performs our Salvation, in that INSTANT.
Its DONE. = Born Again.

"Son/Daughter" of God.

Bride of Christ,
Body of Christ
Temple of the Holy Spirt.

All this has HAPPENED the instant you Give God your Faith.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again proves you have become Born again.
To become born again, is to have been "made Righteous", by God.

To be "made Righteous" by God is to now exist as a SON/Daughter of God.....a "new Creation in Christ'.

This has happened, its not in process., and its not based on holding onto faith. Its based on God accepting faith ONE TIME, and then He performs our Salvation, in that INSTANT.
Its DONE. = Born Again.

"Son/Daughter" of God.

Bride of Christ,
Body of Christ
Temple of the Holy Spirt.

All this has HAPPENED the instant you Give God your Faith.
The idolatry of existence in one's own mind.

Scripture says God gives us the gift of His faith. OSAS says they give God the gift of their faith.

This sums up the idolatry of OSAS: their faith is what is important to God, not His faith to us.

What words proceed from their mouths matter most to God, not the words that proceed from His mouth to us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Scripture says God gives us the gift of His faith.

There is a cult of OSAS, that teaches that God's Grace is "license to sin". They twist the idea of God's Grace, so that it become subverted and maligned.
These heretics worry about works and commandments and do not have any association with the Cross of Christ or the "Gift of Righteousness".

Scripture says that God gives a measure of Faith, but God does not believe in Jesus for you.

You said that God gives us the 'gift of Faith", and He does not. THat is just your imagination or the teaching of some Hyper Calvinistic Cult.

God gives us "the GIFT of Salvation".. And Jesus is the "Author and Finisher of our Faith".

Each person, according to the dictates of their BELIEF, will Give God their faith in Christ or they wont.
That is the nature of Freewill. Its a CHOICE. A Personal Choice.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a cult of OSAS, that teaches that God's Grace is "license to sin". They twist the idea of God's Grace, so that it become subverted and maligned.
These heretics worry about works and commandments and do not have any association with the Cross of Christ or the "Gift of Righteousness".

Scripture says that God gives a measure of Faith, but God does not believe in Jesus for you.

You said that God gives us the 'gift of Faith", and He does not. THat is just your imagination or the teaching of some Hyper Calvinistic Cult.

God gives us "the GIFT of Salvation".. And Jesus is the "Author and Finisher of our Faith".

Each person, according to the dictates of their BELIEF, will Give God their faith in Christ or they wont.
That is the nature of Freewill. Its a CHOICE. A Personal Choice.
There is a deeper extremism of the OSAS cult, that says they give God their gift of faith to Him. They imagine God will just have to settle with the dictates of their own conscience, whether doing good and evil. By the power of their own faith alone, they think God will sear His conscience the same as they do their own.

That's because they think that are Man's gift to God.

They also say they are not sinners while doing unrighteous works of the flesh, because their works of the flesh aren't as sinful as that of others, since they sprinkle themselves with the sparkles of their fairy grace while doing so.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is a deeper extremism of the OSAS cult, .

Can you post a video link to your imagination and theological fantasy?
?
?
You and the rest of the Grace deniers, can't produce a person, pulpit, video, or commentary, who says...>"you can live like hell now, as God has set you free with His Grace to do it".
So, why you keep reinventing this same OSAS LIE, to keep staying on this forum, is proof of some serious mental obsession you have with something that is a devil created lie.

Also, Paul says that God accepts our Faith, to then give to us the Eternal Salvation that Christ FINISHED on the Cross.
This is why Jesus said, "it is FINISHED".... = Salvaiton.
And when we receive it by Faith, we receive the FINISHED SALVATION that Christ the SAVIOR, gained for us, on the Cross.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you post a video link to your imagination and theological fantasy?
?
?
You and the rest of the Grace deniers, can't produce a person, pulpit, video, or commentary, who says...>"you can live like hell now, as God has set you free with His Grace to do it".
So, why you keep reinventing this same OSAS LIE, to keep staying on this forum, is proof of some serious mental obsession you have with something that is a devil created lie.

Also, Paul says that God accepts our Faith, to then give to us the Eternal Salvation that Christ FINISHED on the Cross.
This is why Jesus said, "it is FINISHED".... = Salvaiton.
And when we receive it by Faith, we receive the FINISHED SALVATION that Christ the SAVIOR, gained for us, on the Cross.
As usual. No correction to what is being said, but just their panties being in a bind for knocking off all their fairy grace sprinkles.

I've done this a dozen times before, but we'll try again for old times' sake:
1. Do you deny you are still doing unrighteous works of the flesh?

2. Do you deny you are sinning against Christ, while you are doing a work of flesh, because the law of Christ against such unrighteousness does not apply to you?

My answers:

1. No I don't do unrighteous works of the flesh. 2. If I do, then I am just as much an unrighteous transgressor of the word of God as anyone else doing the same.

At least my integrity is plain and honest. You people have none. You come in more shifting shapes and sizes than a dozen boa constrictors. You are the mystical shape-shifters of modern Christian religion.

Unless of course, you want to answer these plain questions with plain answers. I'll accept whatever yes or no you give, even if I don't agree with it. At least then for the first time, you phantom wraiths will peek out of your cloaking-devices long enough to answer and honest question honestly.

And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As usual. No correction to what is being said, but just their panties being in a bind for knocking off all their fairy grace sprinkles.

First of all, you can't post a link to anyone who teaches "OSAS", as you say its taught, as it does not exist.
People like you, can state that people are teaching "live like the devil, you're saved"....but you can't produce any evidence.
Noone on this forum teaches such a thing..
No one teaches this cult garbage, but people like you, deceived, say that its being taught.
Its not.

Recently I had some deceived bible corrector on this forum recently telling me that Adrian Rogers, and Charles Stanley, and James Kennedy, and LLoyd Ogilvie, David Jeremiah, and ME< teach OSAS.
And that is just unbelievable dishonestly, that borders on psychosis, as the men i listed and myself would never ever teach that a born again Believer who is Eternally Secure, can use this "Gift of Salvation" and "Gift of Righteousness" to live carnally on purpose.
No one teaches such a lie, but people like you, deceivers, allowed to rant on a Christian forum, continually say that this is being taught, and you have no proof, and you wont be producing any.
See, one thing liars have in common is that they imply and they falsely accuse, but they never prove.
Welcome to your "ministry", Robert.

You literally have no other reason to be on this forum, than to just obsess about "OSAS".
Ive seen a MOD say the same thing to you, at least once, 3 months ago.... about 20 "OSAS" type Thread's back.

So, you have nothing to offer but your Cult's OSAS garbage, and your blind obsession with OSAS.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, you can't post a link to anyone who teaches "OSAS", as you say its taught, as it does not exist.
People like you, can state that people are teaching "live like the devil, you're saved"....but you can't produce any evidence.
Noone on this forum teaches such a thing..
No one teaches this cult garbage, but people like you, deceived, say that its being taught.
Its not.

Recently I had some deceived bible corrector on this forum recently telling me that Adrian Rogers, and Charles Stanley, and James Kennedy, and LLoyd Ogilvie, David Jeremiah, and ME< teach OSAS.
And that is just unbelievable dishonestly, that borders on psychosis, as the men i listed and myself would never ever teach that a born again Believer who is Eternally Secure, can use this "Gift of Salvation" and "Gift of Righteousness" to live carnally on purpose.
No one teaches such a lie, but people like you, deceivers, allowed to rant on a Christian forum, continually say that this is being taught, and you have no proof, and you wont be producing any.
See, one thing liars have in common is that they imply and they falsely accuse, but they never prove.
Welcome to your "ministry", Robert.

You literally have no other reason to be on this forum, than to just obsess about "OSAS".
Ive seen a MOD say the same thing to you, at least once, 3 months ago.... about 20 "OSAS" type Thread's back.

So, you have nothing to offer but your Cult's OSAS garbage, and your blind obsession with OSAS.
No answer again. But, as I said, I only asked for old times sake.

At least the Pharisees said they wouldn't say. Modern day dissemblers are worse than ever. I don't believe people like you are capable of personal integrity anymore.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Even when we are sinning, we still love Jesus and our fellow Christians and are not of the devil.
I think that's just another lie that the devil told you

how do we love jesus if we keep sinning?
it's like you are saying that a bad tree will bring forth good fruit and good tree bring forth bad fruit
1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

the devil is telling you even though you still keep on sinning you are not his but of God since you love his son (but have you ever wonder what does love truly means? if you love God you will follow him therefore if you sin you love the devil not God) it means you can continue to do that

but don't be confused I'm not with the righteous cause I am double minded I simply state facts