Christians Hate The Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)O glorious St. Benedict, sublime model of all virtues, pure vessel of God's grace! Behold me, humbly kneeling at thy feet. I implore thy loving heart to pray for me before the throne of God. To thee I have recourse in all the dangers which daily surround me. Shield me against my enemies, inspire me to imitate thee in all things. May thy blessing be with me always, so that I may shun whatever God forbids and avoid the occasions of sin.

Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces of which I stand so much in need, in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. Thy heart was always so full of love, compassion, and mercy towards those who were afflicted or troubled in any way. Thou didst never dismiss without consolation and assistance any one who had re-course to thee. I therefore invoke thy powerful intercession, in the confident hope that thou wilt hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I so earnestly implore (mention it), if it be for the greater glory of God and the welfare of my soul.

Help me, O great St. Benedict, to live and die as a faithful child of God, to be ever submissive to His holy will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven. Amen.

:)

JJsaint

Jan 11, 2012
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Christians make me very angry and they make God very angry too.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.

You make some excellent points,I have been on a number of Christian forums and been booted off,and most Christians are brainwashed into thinking one thing so when another Christian presents something different,that Christian is attacked by the majority of brainwashed Christians,who supposedly love everybody.
They only think one thing,and it is not Biblical,most modern Christians are so close minded and blind that it is surprising that they are not walking back wards.....

Matthew 15:14:Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Hosea 4:6:My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Galatians 4:16:Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

They are some interesting passages to be applied to mainstream Christians....

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians often overidentify with scripture and the doctrine it is derived from - it is a dangerous practice because it sets people up - quickly a discussions about doctrine or the interpretation of scripture become disagreements and then become personal attack3 - this board is filled with threads containing posts like these.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Christians make me very angry and they make God very angry too.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.

Amen!

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
I'll say this, --

1 Cor 14:26 says that when the church gathers together, ALL are to bring something. However, religion pays ONE individual to bring everything each and every Sunday. So how can the body be:

#1 represented by all the giftings

#2 strengthened in the perfecting of their gifting

#3 equally accountable, one to another

#4 not have the eye say to the hand "I have no need of thee"

#5 find the completion of the five-fold ministry

... for which we instead see a frustrated, demoralized, disenfranchised, and ineffective body, -- which is susceptible to every wind of doctrine, and every evil and foul spirit.

The church which was conceived is NOT the church we experience. In fact, I would assert that the Pharisees and Sadducees will sit in judgement over the modern church, for they allowed Jesus to both question and teach (albeit having attempted to throw Jesus off a cliff), but the modern church would not tolerate His interjection in their orchestrated presentations. (Please note that I once sat in a "spirit filled church" adult Sunday School Class where people weren't even allowed to speak. And when I raised my hand it was met with icy glares and afterwards I was "rebuked" for not honoring their non-participating convention.)

So who having read 1 Cor 14:26 can defend how the modern church operates today? And who can blame any Christian for their disillusionment?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say this, --

1 Cor 14:26 says that when the church gathers together, ALL are to bring something. However, religion pays ONE individual to bring everything each and every Sunday. So how can the body be:

#1 represented by all the giftings

#2 strengthened in the perfecting of their gifting

#3 equally accountable, one to another

#4 not have the eye say to the hand "I have no need of thee"

#5 find the completion of the five-fold ministry

... for which we instead see a frustrated, demoralized, disenfranchised, and ineffective body, -- which is susceptible to every wind of doctrine, and every evil and foul spirit.

The church which was conceived is NOT the church we experience. In fact, I would assert that the Pharisees and Sadducees will sit in judgement over the modern church, for they allowed Jesus to both question and teach (albeit having attempted to throw Jesus off a cliff), but the modern church would not tolerate His interjection in their orchestrated presentations. (Please note that I once sat in a "spirit filled church" adult Sunday School Class where people weren't even allowed to speak. And when I raised my hand it was met with icy glares and afterwards I was "rebuked" for not honoring their non-participating convention.)

So who having read 1 Cor 14:26 can defend how the modern church operates today? And who can blame any Christian for their disillusionment?

Have you been to a Quaker Church? They follow 1 Cor 14:26

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Have you been to a Quaker Church? They follow 1 Cor 14:26

Of the 670M Protestants, the Quakers represent 0.060%.
Of the 2.3B Christians, the Quakers represent 0.017%.

Could you address why the other 99.940% or 99.983% violate 1 Cor 14:26? Afterall if these are "Bible believing churches", you'd think the majority would follow Scripture. Or to put it another way, why are there so very few Scripturally founded churches?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the 670M Protestants, the Quakers represent 0.060%.
Of the 2.3B Christians, the Quakers represent 0.017%.

Could you address why the other 99.940% or 99.983% violate 1 Cor 14:26? Afterall if these are "Bible believing churches", you'd think the majority would follow Scripture. Or to put it another way, why are there so very few Scripturally founded churches?

http://en.wikipedia....mber_of_members

Perhaps it is not practical? I think it is easy to be a critic. All churches fail to satisfy the requirements of those who use scripture to point out errors in worship style, while missing the larger picture - we are called to assemble together and love God together and love each other.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
... we are called to assemble together and love God together and love each other.

What good is going to a gym if you don't work out? You leave as weak and flabby as you walked in, the only difference being the weight you lost in your wallet, and a gym is less expensive. So what does a Christian do? They send their money to real missionaries.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good is going to a gym if you don't work out? You leave as weak and flabby as you walked in, the only difference being the weight you lost in your wallet, and a gym is less expensive. So what does a Christian do? They send their money to real missionaries.

You do not think learning to love in all circumstances is a workout? Boy......

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
If what you suggest is the primary criterion for church performance then, certainly the AUTHOR would have provided that specificity:

1 Cor 14
[sup]26[/sup] How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

So please allow me to suggest that either God's Word is perfect as written, or it may need your assistance.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you suggest is the primary criterion for church performance then, certainly the AUTHOR would have provided that specificity:

1 Cor 14
[sup]26[/sup] How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

So please allow me to suggest that either God's Word is perfect as written, or it may need your assistance.

Why are you getting all condescending?

Do you think that Paul is making a decree about what must happen in church? It is more likely that he is simply talking about things that happen when Christians come together and love one another and God.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Do you think that Paul is making a decree about what must happen in church? It is more likely that he is simply talking about things that happen when Christians come together and love one another and God.

Or, -- When we come together, ALL can participate in the unity and giftings of the entire body of Christ.

But then again, maybe the eye should say to the hand: "I have no need of thee." For the eye does all the thinking, talking, and taking money. And that pretty much covers anything that needs to be done. And it certainly limits any risk of error or contradiction with the ALL Knowing, ALL Seeing, and ALL Powerful minister.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, -- When we come together, ALL can participate in the unity and giftings of the entire body of Christ.

But then again, maybe the eye should say to the hand: "I have no need of thee." For the eye does all the thinking, talking, and taking money. And that pretty much covers anything that needs to be done. And it certainly limits any risk of error or contradiction with the ALL Knowing, ALL Seeing, and ALL Powerful minister.

Well, hopefully it doesn't come to that! Of course, in the all-powerful minister's defense; if you have ever worked at a church, you would know that usually only the eye and the pinking toe show up to volunteer time and time again, so the minister quickly gets used to picking up the slack......frankly, the majority of ministers out there would be happy if fingernail showed up, let alone a hand.

In my experience, trying to purify all services and churches and doctrine from error tends to take up a lot of a Christians attention these days. I guess entertaining the thinking error of 'going back to the Garden' is a fantasy hardwired into our psyche. Too bad going backwards is not the road to redemption; Jesus calls us to pick up our Cross and follow Him, not try to imitate with archaeologist-like accuracy the directions of the first century church based on the scarce information provided by Paul in response to letters from churches we do not possess.

Perhaps it is time that we stop purifying and just try loving?

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
I guess Jesus should have been counseled on his intemperance, -- fashioning a whip, knocking over the money changer tables, and generally not acting at all like a "christian":

John 2
[sup]13 [/sup]Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. [sup]14 [/sup]And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. [sup]15 [/sup]When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. [sup]16 [/sup]And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” [sup]17 [/sup]Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”

And so too, when we attend church and sit passively like bumps on a log. -- It is any wonder that Christianity is more religion than relation?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so too, when we attend church and sit passively like bumps on a log. -- It is any wonder that Christianity is more religion than relation?

What do you suggest people do at church?

See I grew up Presbyterian - you know, the frozen chosen? Yeah....people outside the church would joke about us because we seemed so quiet and dead. Fact is, Presbyterians often have dynamic relationships with Christ - it just happens to be reserved - dignified. Introverts are attracted to the denomination - what can I say? All people need to find a place they feel comfortable opening up to God in worship - some churches are outspoken, others, not so much.

BTW, 'religion or relationship' is a false dichotomy.....

blessings!

The Preacherman

Mar 31, 2012
Greenwood, Ind
Christians hate the truth? I don't understand that at all, if a person/person's is a christian then how can they hate the truth. The truth is in the Bible in Hosea 4:6 say this. My people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Now days in the USA people are going around and twisting the word of God around to fit there sinful lifestyle. This means they are rejecting the word of God, the Bible is the only book in the world that gives you the truth, there is not one untruth word in the Bible. To say other wise is called rejecting the word of God. :)

Reactions: The Preacherman