Christians Hate The Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The bible is actually a conglomeration of books and letters written at different times and people with different styles. There are also many different translations of the bible that differ in certain parts. Are they all true even though they do not read the same?

A historical study shows that the scriptures were misinterpreted or twisted long before the USA was a nation. Jerome's Latin Vulgate is a very corrupted translation of the scriptures. With that said I agree with you about the oddity of the statement that Christians hate the truth, but as to your comment about people in the USA twisting scripture have you ever considered that some may just be attempting to untwist the scripture?

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
The bible is actually a conglomeration of books and letters written at different times and people with different styles. There are also many different translations of the bible that differ in certain parts. Are they all true even though they do not read the same?

A historical study shows that the scriptures were misinterpreted or twisted long before the USA was a nation. Jerome's Latin Vulgate is a very corrupted translation of the scriptures. With that said I agree with you about the oddity of the statement that Christians hate the truth, but as to your comment about people in the USA twisting scripture have you ever considered that some may just be attempting to untwist the scripture?
Jesus left His One Apostolic Church for interpreting the Holy Scriptures, The Bible is against personal interpretation. [ 2 Peter 3:16 ] Jesus appointed His Apostles as teachers, The apostles chose their successors. [ John 20:30 ] " Many other signs also Jesus worked in the sight of his disciples , which are not written in this book ".
The proper understanding of God's word as passed on to us by the Apostles in their preaching and by their successors in the Church to the the present day. --- " So, then brethren, stand firm, and hold the teachings that you have learned , whether by word or by letter of ours " [ 2 nd Thess. 2: 15 ] ---because Tradition hands on a full understanding of God's Word. Sacred Tradition together with Sacred Scripture form one sacred deposit of the Word of God. Check out also ---
Authority of the Church- Matt. 16: 18-19; 18:18; John 20:23
Built on Apostles- 1 Cor. 3:10; Eph. 2: 20 ; Rev. 21:14
Church is pillar/foundation of truth-1Tim. 3:5
Unbroken succession-- Acts 1:15-26; 2 Tim. 2:2; Titus 1:5
Christ protects His Apostolic/ Catholic Church from doctrinal error and from misinterpretation,[ it was Catholic bishops who were guided by the Holy Spirit to select only the canonical Books from the maze of many different writings/books back then,] -Matt. 16: 18; 20: 20
Prespbyters/ elders [ priests ] were ordained, preached and taught the flock, administered sacraments [ all of them ] Acts 15: 6; 23; 1 Tim. 4:14; 5:22; 1Tim. 5:17; James 5: 13-15; Rom. 15:16

Dumparoo

Jun 17, 2013
Wow, you know, you guys sit around here a lot discreetly talking about building cashes of weapons, not literally of course lol. I didn't say most of you guys actually walk around fighting people, I'm saying you potray that to some. And then eventually you get someone like this who comes and posts pseudo-rational stuff on these forums. tsk tsk tsk tsk

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Lexenstar said:
... There are many Christians out there that preach one thing and then turn around and do another and that hurts the image of the people of Christ. As Christians we also have moments we are extremely narrow minded and have the inability to accept change. But the world is ever changing and that is Gods will, we are being taught to adapt and press on with life in a way that honors the message of God and honors us as the children of God... .

Just IMO
With all the respect I can muster. Hahahaha, what a load of tripe. Have a nice day. :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So JB, are you saying that you are open minded and embrace change?

empowered2love

Aug 14, 2013
Nomad said:
This is not an attack. It's the truth, and the most loving thing I can do for you.
But I have a couple thoughts:

1) Christians really do need a savior, huh.
2) It's all about growing to know the heart of God and loving people. And yeah, like #1 said, we're not exactly perfect at that.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
good topic lots of good feed back also.. :)

with out Jesus living perfectly for us I CERTAINLY would be in deep do do..

musterion

Aug 4, 2013
If you had to pick just one thing, what do you find to be THE most unloving thing Christians do, or have done, to you?

skyangel said:
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Christians make me very angry and they make God very angry too.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think one of the more frustrating things about being apart of the Christian community is that it is an open community, meaning that any idiot, loudmouth, moron, or mouth breather can join - which is great, by itself, but unfortunately, because it requires nothing to join, it also requires nothing to be considered an expert or leader. In addition, higher education in theology is often considered suspect or worldly; therefore, it often leaves the door wide open for the most opinionated people to rise to the top, based on their conviction or influence. Conversely, within academia, the more convinced a person is about their own ideas usually reveals how ignorant they really are - it is an invitation for the person to shut up and spend more time researching. Within the Church, the judgmental loudmouths are revered.

The consequence is often rejection of people who come to church for acceptance and love and instead, receive a moralized kick in the ass and when it is not received with gratitude and reverence, they are shunned.

Morality is the measuring stick for the laity, rather than the condition of their hearts.

Insights from an insider, Amen

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
horsecamp said:
with out Jesus living perfectly for us I CERTAINLY would be in deep do do..

Can you imitate the call of the deep doo doo bird like Rodney Copperbottom can?

hqdefault.jpg

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
skyangel said:
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Christians make me very angry and they make God very angry too.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.
Says someone who clearly has alot of hate. Perpetrators give the Jesus' church a black face, but when He returns, He's coming back for His church.
And if you really want to see hate, just go on Youtube, and make a comment about God on a scientific channel with some amazing creature, or if someone asks you whether or not you support homosexuality and why/why not, tell them why not. You'll see hate, and it's coming from people who cry 'Don't judge!"

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think it is right or accurate to judge a nonchristian as a hater....

werent we all, before Christ?