Christians have Freedom to Fail?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

You can stick with just being human, while teaching the gospel of this world, where the god of this world has forgiven the whole world of any sinning it has done or may do in the future.

As I said, there is nothing near the truth in you to reason with.

You are right,

Anyone who believes on the one whom God has sent does the works of God, friend. Good scripture, all believers in a sense are part of this royal priesthood, as Jesus Christ being the Chief Priest over it, with a holy nation which is not of this world in the Heavenly Jerusalem, who are peculiar people of just about any generation since the return of Christ, that do show praises of him (I believe meaning to be God), who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (Jesus who is the light of all men).

Still we are human beings, just born again children of God, with the chance given to grow and mature. Like a seed in the ground that sprouts.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right,

Anyone who believes on the one whom God has sent does the works of God, friend. Good scripture, all believers in a sense are part of this royal priesthood, as Jesus Christ being the Chief Priest over it, with a holy nation which is not of this world in the Heavenly Jerusalem, who are peculiar people of just about any generation since the return of Christ, that do show praises of him (I believe meaning to be God), who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (Jesus who is the light of all men).

Still we are human beings, just born again children of God, with the chance given to grow and mature. Like a seed in the ground that sprouts.
Other than the last self-justifying part of sinning for the devil, you are preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Condemning all men to sinning from cradle to grave, because we are only human, is the gospel of a christ that loves to see his children sinning for him against Jesus Christ.

Just get rid your gospel of the world, where all the world is already preforgiven and saved, and you'll be ok.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If not, we die in our unforgiven sinning. You're just one of those who wants a Savior but not a righteous Lord and Judge, who wants forgiveness, but not repentance.

That kind of double heartedness only lasts so long, and runs the risk of sinning again, without chance for confession and forgiveness from the Lord:

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my sins were paid for before I was born.

Are you a Catholic priest by chance? Should I confess my sins to you?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me say it this way ,Robert. As the sons of Sceva said, " Paul I know and Peter I know ( 1 step further, I most certainly know JESUS) but WHO ARE YOU ?
No one. Just forget you ever heard from me. I've already forgotten about you. Like the man said, I don't clutter up my mind with useless details.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Isn’t it good news that Jesus has taken away the sin of the whole world? Man… how amazing.

Yes.
How could Christ do that?
How could Jesus's CROSS take away the sin of the entire WORLD so that the Preaching of the Cross is really letting People know that....

2 Corinthians 5:19

A.) Because Jesus is GOD on the Cross. And God's BLOOD was shed. Not just a man's.. But GOD's blood flowed in the Divine : Jesus THE Christ.

So, God's BLOOD is able to continue to pay for all sin, = for the person who trusted in Christ today, even tho this Holy Blood was shed over 2000 yrs AGO.
ITS STILL SAVING... ITS STILL REDEEMING... 2000+ yrs LATER and TOMORROW !!

Notice this phrase Reader..

"The BLOOD Atonement".. See that? Notice it does not say "the Death Atonement'?
Why not?
Because "without the SHEDDING OF
BLOOD there is no redemption, no forgiveness, no PARDON of Sin". "no Remission".
But THROUGH the Precious
SHED BLOOD of the GOD MAN, we received ETERNAL PARDON, ETERNAL REDEMPTION< and Eternal Life.

= Thank you JESUS !

And because this is GOD's BLOOD, =JESUS....... This POWER IN THE BLOOD, just keeps forgiving, keeps redeeming YOU, forever and ever and ever.

It "keeps you SAVED".

It "keeps you SAVED".
It "keeps you SAVED".
It "keeps you SAVED".

Jesus is our Advocate in Heaven. He says to God.....>"my Blood was shed for them" "they are mine". "they are my body". "They are my BRIDE".
"I in them and they in Me and all are one in You, Father".

"one with God"... "in Christ".

==

""What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my cleansing this I see—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
For my pardon this my plea—
Nothing can my sin erase
Naught of works, ’tis all of GRACE
This is all my hope and peace—
This is all my righteousness
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!""

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my sins were paid for before I was born.

Are you a Catholic priest by chance? Should I confess my sins to you?
According to your doctrine, you shouldn't confess them to anyone, because you're already forgiven of them. And if you are ever seemingly convicted by sinning, then just ascribe it to the devil trying to guilt trip you into thinking you are not already forgiven.

You must now call the work of the Holy Spirit to convict of sinning unto confession and forgiveness, the lying work of the devil: Seared conscience and reprobation.

If you ever confess any sin you do with godly sorrow, to be forgiven by Jesus, you are a hypocrite against your onw gospel of your own christ. You run to Jesus rather than believe your own christ.

And so, since you called yourself saved, have you ever sinned and then confessed it to be forgiven of it? Why in the wide wide world of your own gospel, would you ever think to do that, much less act upon it?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your doctrine, you shouldn't confess them to anyone, because you're already forgiven of them. And if you are ever seemingly convicted by sinning, then just ascribe it to the devil trying to guilt trip you into thinking you are not already forgiven.

You must now call the work of the Holy Spirit to convict of sinning unto confession and forgiveness, the lying work of the devil: Seared conscience and reprobation.

If you ever confess any sin you do with godly sorrow, to be forgiven by Jesus, you are a hypocrite against your onw gospel of your own christ. You run to Jesus rather than believe your own christ.

And so, since you called yourself saved, have you ever sinned and then confessed it to be forgiven of it? Why in the wide wide world of your own gospel, would you ever think to do that, much less act upon it?

Sure I have done that before in my life.

Asking God please forgive me, and when younger it was also to ask God to not send me to hell.

However being a grown adult, understanding that as a Christian, hey the Bible says Jesus Christ paid for my sins, that is great! The old life that previous lived that was full of hatred, greed, lust, anger, drunkness, whatever it is, changed now, know that Jesus Christ paid not only for my own sins but that Sins of the Whole world. He forgave my sins before I was even born. The thing is I did not even believe that Jesus Christ paid for my sins at all, and I had to keep asking God for forgiveness when I messed up in life.

Now knowing that Jesus Christ has indeed had the victory over sin, and death, and the Devil, as a Christian all I am called to do is love God, and to love others. Now are there things people can do to quench the spirit? Yes, absolutely the Bible says so. So as a christian, who can think logically and understand that it is by faith I am walking, and walking by the spirit when asking God to help me live by the spirit.

Understands that by walking in the spirit Jesus Christ through you can not sin, you won't sin when you walk by the Holy Spirit. But my flesh, oh that thing, he loves to hate, bicker, fight, and just the things that please it, loves sin, loves to do those things.

However in Christ, one is to pick their cross, and deny themselves, and follow after Him, to be conformed to his death, and to be made alive by and through the spirit in resurrection of new life.

That is how I see friend, yeah sure I make mistakes and me and God talk about it, and I choose whether I let him work or I do not let him work on my heart.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one. Just forget you ever heard from me. I've already forgotten about you. Like the man said, I don't clutter up my mind with useless details.

Gladly.
You are in the hands of a just, merciful and living God. One whom knows every heart, every mind, every motive and he judges righteously.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a rebuke of what is taught doctrinally. I have no reason not to believe they don't live it, nor does it matter. If a person teaches how to commit adultery, while thinking they will not be judged and condemned as an adulterers, then that false teacher will be condemned as an adulterers himself.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Jesus doesn't make difference between teaching others to fornicate, and the teacher also fornicating.

Nevertheless, if you think you have a freedom and liberty to fail from Jesus Christ, then have at it.

Freedom and liberty what planet you from cause that's bazaar.

Adultery what do you mean one teaching another you talking about married couples its getting odd to say the least.

You sling old text around like an outlaw.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking God please forgive me, and when younger it was also to ask God to not send me to hell.

However being a grown adult, understanding that as a Christian, the the Bible says Jesus Christ paid for my sins, that is great! The old life that previous lived that was full of hatred, greed, lust, anger, drunkness, whatever it is, changed now, know that Jesus Christ paid not only for my own sins but that Sins of the Whole world. He forgave my sins before I was even born. The thing is I did not even believe that Jesus Christ paid for my sins at all, and I had to keep asking God for forgiveness when I messed up in life.

I wasn't asking about when we were all unbelievers taking shots in the dark with God. The question is simple. When you do a work of the flesh today, as you say you will, do you confess it with godly sorrow to Jesus? Do you have any conviction and guiltiness for it? Do you now ask Him to forgive you, knowing He will do so as He promises?

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

That verse isn't for a born again person.
How do you know?
Because Jesus has already dealt with the sin of the born again, 2000 yrs ago.
God has already been faithful, through Christ, to deal with all our sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21

This is why 2 Corinthians 5:19, tells us that God does not charge sin to the born again.

You have a different gospel, Robert.
You should get a real one.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't asking about when we were all unbelievers taking shots in the dark with God. The question is simple. When you do a work of the flesh today, as you say you will, do you confess it with godly sorrow to Jesus? Do you have any conviction and guiltiness for it? Do you now ask Him to forgive you, knowing He will do so as He promises?

Will you answer me if I asked you? I done told you may answer already.

It’s okay my friend. You know God works by and through the spirit, and a person is notified by the spirit when they are in the wrong. It’s like being pushed hard against the wall you just have something by the spirit telling hey man you know it’s not right to do that.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you answer me if I asked you? I done told you may answer already.
If you insist, then you are saying the only time anyone tries confessing anything to God, in order to be forgiven and reconciled to Christ, is when they are still in ignorant unbelief. Your doctrine teaches that Christians shouldn't be doing that, because it's unbelief in already being forgiven for any ungodly deed. And so, you reject the notion of still confessing anything you are doing, as though you need forgiveness for it.

and a person is notified by the spirit when they are in the wrong. It’s like being pushed hard against the wall you just have something by the spirit telling hey man you know it’s not right to do that.

That certainly can't be the Holy Spirit convicting you and backing you up against a hard wall. The Spirit of God only convicts the unforgiven guilty and condemned, that they may come to Christ to confess with godly sorrow and be forgiven by Him.

Since you've learned to already forgive yourself of anything you may do in life, then you need no confession unto forgiveness.

You're just experiencing self-dissatisfactions that are common to the world, when you don't quite par up to your own standards in life.

It's called secular humanism religion, and in this came you call it Christian religion. It has nothing to do with being convicted of 'sin', and so in need of confession, forgiveness, and reconciliation with God. You just don't like it when you find yourself doing 'unproductive' and unsatisfactory things. It wounds your pride in your own better image you've made for yourself.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you insist, then you are saying the only time anyone tries confessing anything to God, in order to be forgiven and reconciled to Christ, is when they are still in ignorant unbelief. Your doctrine teaches that Christians shouldn't be doing that, because it's unbelief in already being forgiven for any ungodly deed. And so, you reject the notion of still confessing anything you are doing, as though you need forgiveness for it.

And this is the problem with doctrinal theoreticians: they don't practice what they preach. If I believed their gospel and christ for one second, then I would learn to never ever again be convicted for anything at all, because Scriptural conviction of the Holy Spirit is only for the guilty and condemned, that God is mercifully trying to draw to Himself for confession and future forgiveness of it.

True Christianity is where Christians learn not to allow the devil to guilt-trip us about past sinning, that we have already confessed and and been forgiven for. We should not allow the devil to confuse us into thinking his present guilt-tripping is the honest and true conviction of the Spirit of Christ for godly sorrow unto repentance.

According to this theory of christ, all the world has already been forgiven, and so there is no need to be forgiven, and so there is no need for the Holy Spirit to convict, and so any such 'pushing up against a wall' must therefore be a guilt tripping of the devil.

They teach all men need to learn to cast aside all conviction for all sinning, past, present, and future, for which they have already been forgiven. Such judgement conviction cannot be of their christ, that has already forgiven them. It must therefore be that 'judgmental' and 'angry' lying work of Satan.

If they allow themselves to think for one second, that they are are possibly being convicted and drawn to confession and forgiveness, then they are not believing their own theory of being already forgiven.

But here they are playing the hypocrite by saying they are already forgiven on one hand, and yet allow themselves to think they are being righteously convicted on the other. It can only be the devil guilt-tripping them against a hard wall, and telling them they are not already forgiven.

Obviously some of them have yet to properly sear their conscience to any notion of being convicted with godly sorrow for what they did, do, or will do: The forgiven need nor forgiveness, thus conviction to confess and be forgiven can't be from God.

All that is being preached here is the gospel of secular human Christianity: all sins are already forgiven, and nothing done in life therefore has anything to do with sinning, conviction, confession, forgiveness, and reconciliation with Christ. None of that applies to their lives anymore, once their ignorant unbelief is dispelled from thinking that 'law' way, and that God 'angry' judgment stuff.

It only has to do with living a better and more neighborly sinful life. The less sin the better for a better life on earth, but never purged, purified, washed, and freed from sinning itself. They are freed from judgment of sinning, from needing conviction for future confession and repentance, and even freed from calling it sinning, but just never freed from doing such things.

That's why they don't call the things they do, the devilish works of the flesh, or sinning with the devil, or transgressing against Christ, but it's just slip ups, shortcomings, struggles, and other sorts of uncool oopsies.

The only 'conviction' they speak of, is just the worldly manner of self-dissatisfaction over any 'unproductive' current behavior.

I am not here to judge either way it goes.

You have a good one sir.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not here to judge either way it goes.

You have a good one sir.
Of course not. What do you have to do with righteous judgement of anything. Everything is forgiven anyway.

Happy trails to you too, kid. I do hope you make for yourself the best life on earth you can. If that's all anyone wants, then God doesn't begrudge it, and neither do I have any desire to do so.

Reactions: MatthewG