Christians have Freedom to Fail?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The latest production of OSAS theology is that those running the race for Christ, have the 'freedom to fail'. The freedom and liberty of Jesus Christ, is not to win over sin, but is actually the freedom and liberty to sin and still win the race.

Now that's a rallying cry and battle standard any professional athlete and soldier would like.

Talk about participation trophies. If there was ever a license to fail in sin, this is it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one truth about 'freedom to fail', and it's to lose the race by sinning, and not receive the crown of eternal life.

Jesus allows us all the freedom and liberty to fail Him and sin with the devil. He is a perfect gentleman, and He does not forcefully grasp any hand, that wants to leave His for Belial.

What hypocrites fear most, is the freedom all men have from God, to trample His dear Son's blood and sin unto death and be condemned by Him forever.

That especially includes those who name His name and deny His outstretched hand of fellowship, by choosing instead the devil's company in works of the flesh.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

The true teaching of running the race for Christ, is merciful restoration.

If we do fail Him and sin with the devil, then like all men on earth, we do have an advocate in Jesus to forgive and restore us to the Father, but confession of our sinning with godly sorrow.

Jesus Christ is the propitiation and advocate for any man on earth, and not just for Christians now running the race.

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another misdirection thread. What a surprise. :)

The latest production of OSAS theology is that those running the race for Christ, have the 'freedom to fail'.
Right, meaning if we fail to completely avoid sin ~ which we will, unfortunately, in this life ~ we can still rest assured that Christ has redeemed us and we can do nothing to separate ourselves from God's love in Christ. This is Romans 8 in a nutshell.

And it is summed up in the great hymn, "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"...

"Oh Love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be..."

"Oh Light that followest all my way
I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray
That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be..."

"Oh Joy that seekest me through pain
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain
And feel the promise is not vain;
That morn shall tearless be..."

"Oh cross that liftest up my head
I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be..."

Then, of course, there's "Jesus, What A Friend for Sinners"... "saving, helping, keeping, loving; He is with us to the end!"

And "Great is Thy Faithfulness"... "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth; Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow; Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!"

And, of course, "Amazing Grace"... "Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come; 'Twas grace that brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home!"

You know, we should sing God's praises more, right? :)

If there was ever a license to fail in sin, this is it.
There never was any such license, and never will be. And one day we will finally be totally free of sin. For now, though, in this life, we can be and are freed of any notion that we have to keep God's promises to us for Him, or that God won't keep His promises to us unless we are perfect in and of ourselves. Thanks be to God; all His promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Jesus Christ.

If we do fail Him and sin with the devil, then like all men on earth, we do have an advocate in Jesus to forgive and restore us to the Father, but confession of our sinning with godly sorrow.
Absolutely agreed. Praise God!

Jesus Christ is the propitiation and advocate for any man on earth, and not just for Christians now running the race.
Well, yes, but not everyone will be saved. Universalism is wrong, as I think you agree.

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is true, Jesus gives us freedom of choice to either obey him or to sin
Of course we have freedom of choice, but that's beside the point. The freedom is that even if ~ really when ~ we make the wrong choices and fall into sin, we can never be separated from the love of God in Christ Jesus. And when we do fail, the Spirit never fails to convict us and then draw us back to confession and repentance, and God's forgiveness. That's His job. :)

Grace and peace to you, shortangel.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another misdirection thread. What a surprise. :)

Right, meaning if we fail to completely avoid sin ~ which we will, unfortunately, in this life ~ we can still rest assured that Christ has redeemed us and we can do nothing to separate ourselves from God's love in Christ. This is Romans 8 in a nutshell.

And it is summed up in the great hymn, "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"...

"Oh Love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be..."

"Oh Light that followest all my way
I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray
That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be..."

"Oh Joy that seekest me through pain
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain
And feel the promise is not vain;
That morn shall tearless be..."

"Oh cross that liftest up my head
I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be..."

Then, of course, there's "Jesus, What A Friend for Sinners"... "saving, helping, keeping, loving; He is with us to the end!"

And "Great is Thy Faithfulness"... "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth; Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow; Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!"

And, of course, "Amazing Grace"... "Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come; 'Twas grace that brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home!"

You know, we should sing God's praises more, right? :)

There never was any such license, and never will be. And one day we will finally be totally free of sin. For now, though, in this life, we can be and are freed of any notion that we have to keep God's promises to us for Him, or that God won't keep His promises to us unless we are perfect in and of ourselves. Thanks be to God; all His promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Jesus Christ.

Absolutely agreed. Praise God!

Well, yes, but not everyone will be saved. Universalism is wrong, as I think you agree.

Grace and peace to all.
I see no rejection of the teaching of 'freedom to fail'. Not uprising since you're the one who made it up.

And as usual you denounce anything others teach, if you don't like it. And I don't bother instructing you anymore to waste my time.

Of course we have freedom of choice, but that's beside the point. The freedom is that even if ~ really when ~ we make the wrong choices and fall into sin, we can never be separated from the love of God in Christ Jesus. And when we do fail, the Spirit never fails to convict us and then draw us back to confession and repentance, and God's forgiveness. That's His job. :)

Good ol' unconditional OSAS.

Celebrating and singing their way to heaven over their presumptuous sinning without condemning themselves.

Reactions: shortangel

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see no rejection of the teaching of 'freedom to fail'. Not uprising since you're the one who made it up.

And as usual you denounce anything others teach, if you don't like it. And I don't bother instructing you anymore to waste my time.

Celebrating and singing their way to heaven over their presumptuous sinning without condemning themselves.
What kind of sins have you witnessed them doing? Is it worse than being a atheist?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proverbs 24:16 - For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see no rejection of the teaching of 'freedom to fail'...
Well, no, but your ridiculous twisting of it ~ and then wrongly foisting it on "OSAS" believers ~ it is what I am rejecting.

Not uprising since you're the one who made it up.
See that's the thing: I didn't make up what you're saying I made up. At all. But yet you continue to beat that dead horse. Astounding.

And as usual you denounce anything others teach...
No, just wrong stuff. And stupid stuff. And contrary-to-God's-Word stuff. :)

And I don't bother instructing you anymore to waste my time.
Yeah, mine, too. It's been no instruction at all, but rather rabbit holes leading to nowhere. I've been trying to bring you back, but you've been, and continue to be, in the words of Hank Williams, Jr., whiskey bent and hell bound.

Agreed. I just wish you could get it right.

Celebrating and singing their way to heaven over their presumptuous sinning...
Yeah no. Not in any way.

...without condemning themselves.
You condemn yourself? Dude. Stop that now. That's sin rearing it's ugly head. Condemning anything God made? Yeah, stop it. Now. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The latest production of OSAS theology is that those running the race for Christ, have the 'freedom to fail'. The freedom and liberty of Jesus Christ, is not to win over sin, but is actually the freedom and liberty to sin and still win the race.

Now that's a rallying cry and battle standard any professional athlete and soldier would like.

Talk about participation trophies. If there was ever a license to fail in sin, this is it.
Sin brings trouble into our lives. When we stop sinning, the trouble stops.

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of sins have you witnessed them doing? Is it worse than being a atheist?
This is a rebuke of what is taught doctrinally. I have no reason not to believe they don't live it, nor does it matter. If a person teaches how to commit adultery, while thinking they will not be judged and condemned as an adulterers, then that false teacher will be condemned as an adulterers himself.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Jesus doesn't make difference between teaching others to fornicate, and the teacher also fornicating.

Nevertheless, if you think you have a freedom and liberty to fail from Jesus Christ, then have at it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, no, but your ridiculous twisting of it ~ and then wrongly foisting it on "OSAS" believers ~ it is what I am rejecting.

Once again, show how I twist it, or it stands as written. This is your last chance, or I move on again like the last time.

Until then, you just whine and moan about being stripped of all your colorful rose-petals, while being laid to the rotten bone.

See that's the thing: I didn't make up what you're saying I made up. At all. But yet you continue to beat that dead horse. Astounding.

You made up the phrase, not me. I would never even think of saying such at thing. There is no truth in you to reason with. You won't even own your own words. Not without your spray perfume anyway.

You condemn yourself? Dude. Stop that now. That's sin rearing it's ugly head. Condemning anything God made? Yeah, stop it. Now. .

Yeah right. You teach this stuff, and I expose it, and you get your feelings hurt.

You stop teaching it now, and I'll stop correcting it now. Or you can just keep it to yourself and not dirty the public air with it.

It's like the condemnation of the Lord: we stop sinning now, and He stops condemning us now.

You can think you have a pass from Him, because He's just a Spirit somewhere to you. You can refuse to answer to Him for now, but you will answer to men.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, show how I twist it, or it stands as written.
"Once again"? Really, Robert? That's all I've been doing for the past several posts, turning back around what I had previously wrote that you had turned completely into something it was not.

This is your last chance...
LOL!

...or I move on again like the last time.
See above. Please suit yourself.

You made up the phrase, not me. I would never even think of saying such at thing. You won't even own your own words.
I said what I said, and you completely turned it into something it was not. Yeah, I would never even think of saying such a thing that you twisted it into either. I would never own such (fill in the blank here), because it was never what I said. My goodness.

You teach this stuff...
I in no way teach or espouse what you say I do, Robert. Which I've said over and over again. So now you're just lying. And, playing on your avatar, you're... well...

giphy.gif

So ferocious... :)

...I expose it...
As something it's entirely not.

...you get your feelings hurt.
Not at all, but at some point, everyone loses patience with someone with a head of stone.

You stop teaching it now, and I'll stop correcting it now.
LOL! You're not correcting anything, Robert. Stop turning what I have said into something it's completely not. Like I said, once or twice is excusable, but over and over and over and over again... well that just makes you a liar, Robert. Bad! Bad wittle doggie! Bad! :)

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin was paid for and taken care of for all the world.

it’s up to people what they do with their lives.

With God in their life or not.

Jesus having taken care of sin leaves freedom to seek out God or not.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Once again"? Really, Robert? That's all I've been doing for the past several posts, turning back around what I had previously wrote that you had turned completely into something it was not.

LOL!

See above. Please suit yourself.

I said what I said, and you completely turned it into something it was not. Yeah, I would never even think of saying such a thing that you twisted it into either. I would never own such (fill in the blank here), because it was never what I said. My goodness.

I in no way teach or espouse what you say I do, Robert. Which I've said over and over again. So now you're just lying. And, playing on your avatar, you're... well...

giphy.gif

So ferocious... :)

As something it's entirely not.

Not at all, but at some point, everyone loses patience with someone with a head of stone.

LOL! You're not correcting anything, Robert. Stop turning what I have said into something it's completely not. Like I said, once or twice is excusable, but over and over and over and over again... well that just makes you a liar, Robert. Bad! Bad wittle doggie! Bad! :)
You're finally dismissed.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin was paid for and taken care of for all the world.

it’s up to people what they do with their lives.

With God in their life or not.

Jesus having taken care of sin leaves freedom to seek out God or not.
What do you mean by sin has been 'taken care' of for all the world?

One OSAS believer says that all the past, present, and future sins of the world, and the world itself, is already forgiven. Now people just need to believe that.

Is that what you are saying?

QUOTE="MatthewG, post: 1429340, member: 10311"]Jesus having taken care of sin leaves freedom to seek out God or not.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying people could not seek God, before Jesus died on a cross?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by sin has been 'taken care' of for all the world?

One OSAS believer says that all the past, present, and future sins of the world, and the world itself, is already forgiven. Now people just need to believe that.

Is that what you are saying?

QUOTE="MatthewG, post: 1429340, member: 10311"]Jesus having taken care of sin leaves freedom to seek out God or not.

All sin past, present, future has been forgiven. God isn’t angry or mad at a person just because they sin. They have the choice to come to God and ask for help to overcome things that may do by and through their flesh; with help by the spirit.