chronical devotions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:3[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]3 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]and through him it all came to be. [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]Life was in him, and the life was the light of mankind. [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]This light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overpowered it.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
He is the great maker and He just did it in six days.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:4 [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE][SIZE=13pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]4 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]In him was life; and the life was the light of men.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]Life was in him, and the life was the light of mankind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]He is the giver of life and life eternal only comes thru Him.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:5[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]5 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=47pt]John 1:5[/SIZE]

BBE [SIZE=13pt]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=20.5pt]And the light goes on shining in the dark; it is not overcome by the dark.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]The world will not understand what Jesus did until they brought to understanding thru the Spirit, into the light. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:6[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]6 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=47pt]John 1:6[/SIZE]

BBE [SIZE=13pt]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=20.5pt]There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
John the Baptist was the first prophet of the Lord for hundreds of years.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:7[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]7 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=47pt]John 1:7[/SIZE]

BBE [SIZE=13pt]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=20.5pt]He came for witness, to give witness about the light, so that all men might have faith through him.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
We as Christians today are called to bear His light into the world, just as John did.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]John 1:8[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]8 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=47pt]John 1:8[/SIZE]

BBE [SIZE=13pt]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=20.5pt]He himself was not the light: he was sent to give witness about the light.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
We are bear witness of the Light, of Christ as well.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:10
KJV 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
BBE 10 He was in the world, the world which came into being through him, but the world had no knowledge of him.

These are my thoughts.
Jesus came to world does not know Him because if they did they would be His kingdom, church not the world.

eradicator

Feb 29, 2008
An accident waiting to happen. I would just read the KJV Bible and stay away from all the rest of those commentary versions. Seek the Lord for the truth with all of your might and in the day you seek Him with ALL of your heart is the day you will find Him. I have been down this road for years and when I got serious with God and went and sought Him out for the truth, He got my attention. The Holy Ghost will lead you and guide you into ALL truth. All we got out there is Babylon which means confusion and every denomination of churches with all kinds of opinions about how we can get to heaven and so forth. Not only that but every kind of Bible version out there with the mess. How is anyone going to make heaven with this kind of confusion? They won't unless they have a heart after God and a broken and contrite spirit. If God sees such a person that truly wants the truth instead of this Babelish junk, He will lead that person out of it.