Church Revival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;29360)
and I would love more people going to the mass not as a commitment but as a choice.your brother in christRyan Fitz
We have no way of knowing why anyone goes to mass. (except ourselves - and those who may confide in us... )

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;29360)
at least the mass is in english right now. ( actually I never have had to hear the mass in Latin but you probably have.)your brother in christRyan Fitz
Nope - no Latin. Friends who are MUCH older than me said they knew what the prayers meant (they learned Latin) so it wasn't like hearing it in a language they didn't understand.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I go to pentecostal church and love it. It's not a big church.I speak in tongues, I pray in tongues, that's normal to us, but it's not sign of being better than others. Sometimes I fall under The Holy Spirit Power, other times not. Some people do, some don't and that's fine. We've got pretty good worship songs. I just love to be in the presence of God in our church and recharge " my spiritual batteries ". If God wants to do something new, it's ok. It's His church , we've got such an anointed pastor. I never get tired of listening him to preach. I've known him for over 13 years. His preaching is to the point. Lots of experience, has build many churches and travelled a lot, in Australia and other countries. He retired but started a new church again. He is now over 70 years old, but He is so energetic. I'm always looking forward to go to church, you never no what's God got for us. We have fellowship break between worship and preaching, so we've got time to talk to others. It's never boring. I feel so blessed over here down under. I've been to other churches, bigger ones with younger pastors and there are many good ones, but we felt God leading us to this one. I have somewhat Lutheran background, but God has led me here and I'm happy. We'll have a visitor pastor from USA next Sunday, I can't remember His name, but I believe, we will have a really good time. God Bless you all and thank you for having me on this site, it's an honour. Love, Thunder1

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
The balance here I think is if some are motivated in those ways what does it really hurt? I remember when I traveled in charismatic circles and the so called laughing revivals of Rodney Howard Brown in the early 1990's were in full swing. Probably 70 to 80% was pure flesh. The rest were very much blessed. As usual, many have things bassakwards. They follow signs, instead of signs following believers Mark16:17. We can't change anybody. Just love them as the brothers they are and ask that the true light shines upon them. Bless ya, btw-

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(followerofchrist;29280)
Ok well last night was interesting to say the least. They had this preacher who would get really excited and they would all start speaking in tounges and then he would yell at the top of his lounges and go running down the aisle which I thought was weird but I was trying to keep an open mind. Then later when everyone started praying thats when it got ALOT crazier. People were jumping up and down and stomping on the ground. Then they started doing the thing where the preacher would like touch them on the forehead and they would passout or something i don't really know. Any way they asked me if i wanted the holy ghost, which I think you get right when your saved, but anyway I still wanted to see if i was wrong so i went up there. And they were all around speaking in tounges and moaning and they had hands on me and they were telling me to just let my tounge go, i did but i really sounded ridiculous and i didn't feel like I was using some divine gift. And i think they expected me to fall over like the other people i after a while, because i had been up there longer than the rest, I was considering just falling over so they would let me go sit down but i stayed up there for a little while longer and I *let my tounge go again* and they all got excited and let me go back to my seat. So ultimately I didn't really experience anything knew or really feel anything. But I don't think i was suppost, I was literally praying the whole time i was there and asking god to guide me and lead me, and keep me from any false practices and I couldn't speak in tounges and i didn't pass out when they touched my forehead so honestly i don't think any of that stuff is of God. But they still get excited about God which is cool, and probably the coolest thing i saw was somebody speaking in tounges and they actually had a translation.So this was the church revival...what do yall think?
followerofchrist, thanks for sharing. I really believe the pastor who shouts, speaks strange language, running up and down, jumping and making people falling down is a "showman". He is not real. Don't believe it. It is not the revival at all. It is just a show making people crazy.May I share my experience with you?A friend of mine, a Baptist minister, attending a training in Singapore. Some Pentecostal pastors came to him and said, 'you don't have Holy Spirit because you don't speak in tongue." and they laid their hands on him and prayed for him so that he could speak in tongue. For hours he did not speak in tongue at all. But they did give up and not allow him to go and kept on praying for him. He was so tired kneeing on the floor. So he spoke in his mother tongue, that is Hindi language, they did not know Hindi,. So they all shouted and said, "hey. He speaks in tongue now. He's got the Holy Spirit" and they were so happy and let him go.Another testimony.I was invited to speak to twenty thousand people in Philippines together with Moris Cellulo. All the people in the coliseum were speaking in tongue. Many people fell down when Moris Cellulo touched their heads. For me I had no experience in falling down or speaking in tongue. I prayed to God to give me the gift of speaking in tongue so that I could speak in tongue as twenty thousand people were doing. I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed for hours but I couldn't speak in tongue. I did not want to pretent and speak tongue. I wanted it to be genuine. But to no avail. Forget it. Whether you speak in tongue or not, the most important thing is the Holy Spirit is within you and working in your life.Don't be deceived!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Shan Missions;30468)
followerofchrist, thanks for sharing. I really believe the pastor who shouts, speaks strange language, running up and down, jumping and making people falling down is a "showman". He is not real. Don't believe it. It is not the revival at all. It is just a show making people crazy.May I share my experience with you?A friend of mine, a Baptist minister, attending a training in Singapore. Some Pentecostal pastors came to him and said, 'you don't have Holy Spirit because you don't speak in tongue." and they laid their hands on him and prayed for him so that he could speak in tongue. For hours he did not speak in tongue at all. But they did give up and not allow him to go and kept on praying for him. He was so tired kneeing on the floor. So he spoke in his mother tongue, that is Hindi language, they did not know Hindi,. So they all shouted and said, "hey. He speaks in tongue now. He's got the Holy Spirit" and they were so happy and let him go.Another testimony.I was invited to speak to twenty thousand people in Philippines together with Moris Cellulo. All the people in the coliseum were speaking in tongue. Many people fell down when Moris Cellulo touched their heads. For me I had no experience in falling down or speaking in tongue. I prayed to God to give me the gift of speaking in tongue so that I could speak in tongue as twenty thousand people were doing. I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed for hours but I couldn't speak in tongue. I did not want to pretent and speak tongue. I wanted it to be genuine. But to no avail. Forget it. Whether you speak in tongue or not, the most important thing is the Holy Spirit is within you and working in your life.Don't be deceived!
You are so open minded .
rolleyes.gif