Church To Stay On Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now See, you are just being a Jerk.
You come Offering nothing, but wagging your tongue.

All you are doing is just resorting to more LIES because you don't have ANY Bible Scripture to back up the false doctrines of men you follow. There is not one single bit of Scripture evidence for Christ's coming before the "great tribulation" to rapture out His Church.

But I can show all kind of Scripture evidence that Jesus comes AFTER the tribulation to gather His Church - Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Revelation 16:15; John 11:23-24; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; John 6:38-40.

And as for when the "day of the Lord" is...

Zechariah 14:1-4; 2 Peter 3:10-11.

Those who refuse those Scriptures are of another spirit, not of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one single bit of Scripture evidence for Christ's coming before the "great tribulation" to rapture out His Church.

Don't see the point for you to make such an odd claim, then tell me it is not in Scripture.

Weird!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even your moniker of 'Taken' you use to try and say the first one 'taken' is a rapture to Christ is a big LIE. You ought to be ashamed

Really, you say people LIE based on what YOU say?

Really, I should be ashamed FOR WHAT YOU say?

Get a mirror and preach Lying and Shame to one who desperately needs a lesson.

Glory to God,
Mark 9:[36]
...a child...TAKEN... in his arms...

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the false doctrines the Pre-tribulationists have is the false idea that Christ raptures His Church to Heaven prior to the "great tribulation" Jesus foretold of in His Olivet discourse.

Then after Jesus' return to end the tribulation they believe Israel is then restored, on earth, while the Church reigns with Jesus, from Heaven.

That of course is not written in The Word of God, neither is a pre-trib rapture.

Both believing Israelites and believing Gentiles make up Christ's Church, and those believing Israelites don't stop being from the children of Israel just because they believe on Jesus Christ. Can any man (or woman) say any of Christ's Apostles stopped being Israelites when they believed on Jesus? Didn't Jesus say that His 12 Apostles would each sit upon a throne judging the 12 tribes of Israel? That has to mean the Apostles will be on earth to do that after Christ's return! And per Paul in Ephesians 2, those Apostles makeup part of the 'foundation' of the Church. So how can such a stupid doctrine as Darby's dispensationalism be allowed to fool so many brethren?

You want proof where Christ's Church will reign from with Jesus at His coming? It's easy, it is written in Zechariah 14 coupled with the events of the "day of the Lord", which is the final day of this present world when Jesus comes to gather His saints. Jesus' feet are touch down upon the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem on the day of His ONLY coming return, and there it is written He brings all the saints with Him to that spot. That is the "day of the Lord" timing, which is the final day of this present world. The tribulation is over at that point. And that is where Zechariah 14 speaks of His reigning from, on earth.

I guess I am a bit jaundiced about discussions of this nature as there is a world out there right now that is desperately needing a church that is walking in the light and showing the risen Christ. The NTC was so effective not because of what they said but because of what they did. The two outstanding things was unity and care. Plus a miracle now and again.

So the question is what are we doing wrong that the world thinks so little of us?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like only Jews are familiar with The Old Testament Books?!?

Of course under the OLD COVENANT God differentiated between the 'children of Israel' (not only Jews) and the Gentile nations. Here you are trying to tell me what the Old Testament says and you obviously don't even know where the term 'Jew' came from, which does NOT mean all Israel!

And you wouldn't have referred to OLD COVENANT Scripture like Numbers 23:9 if you really, truly, understood the NEW COVENANT under Jesus Christ, because ...

Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

I am a Gentile, but I am Abraham's seed by Faith on Jesus Christ, just as Apostle Paul taught in his Epistles per the NEW COVENANT Jesus Christ. And if you had understood why Apostle Paul quoted from the Book of Hosea in Romans 9 to ROMAN GENTILE BELIEVERS on Christ Jesus, when Hosea was written specifically to the northern ten tribes of Israel, then you would have properly understood the Old Testament prophets instead of trying to rely on old covenant Judaism and the law of Moses regarding Gentiles!

Would you like a lesson on Romans 9:23-26 in conjunction with the Book of Hosea, specifically Hosea 1:6-11 and Hosea 2:14-23?
You missed it again. The Scriptures I pointed to, in red, are SPECIFICALLY ABOUT CHRIST'S CHURCH, not just Gentiles. Why? Because those Scriptures I posted are SPECIFICALLY about Christ's Church of BOTH believing Israelite and believing Gentile, together as ONE Body in Christ Jesus. And THAT is who Christ's Kingdom has been prepared for before the foundation of this world.
If you can't understand that, then you don't understand English.
Hello @Davy,

I agree that I am ignorant about many things. :)
But my Saviour is not!

May God's word be the arbiter on these things.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I am a bit jaundiced about discussions of this nature as there is a world out there right now that is desperately needing a church that is walking in the light and showing the risen Christ. The NTC was so effective not because of what they said but because of what they did. The two outstanding things was unity and care. Plus a miracle now and again.

So the question is what are we doing wrong that the world thinks so little of us?

The only way to 'know' what is happening in today's world and where we are in God's Plan of Salvation is to stay in HIS WORD. Too many rely on one hour of Church on Sunday morning, sometimes for evening service, and then go home and never crack open The Word of God for themselves. Why should God show them anything, since they are completely relying just on what their preacher tells them? Those who cannot study their Bible because of some handicap are a minority today among the Christian nations. So those who can have no excuse, and are to be like the Bereans Apostle Paul commended, because they checked God's Word theirselves to see if what Paul was preaching was written (Acts 17:10-11).

We were warned about these times today we are in, and God showed us in HIS WORD how and what to prepare for. If those who put their trust in their Church system or preacher instead of God directly in HIS WORD, then they won't trust one of His that tells this either.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only way to 'know' what is happening in today's world and where we are in God's Plan of Salvation is to stay in HIS WORD. Too many rely on one hour of Church on Sunday morning, sometimes for evening service, and then go home and never crack open The Word of God for themselves. Why should God show them anything, since they are completely relying just on what their preacher tells them? Those who cannot study their Bible because of some handicap are a minority today among the Christian nations. So those who can have no excuse, and are to be like the Bereans Apostle Paul commended, because they checked God's Word theirselves to see if what Paul was preaching was written (Acts 17:10-11).

We were warned about these times today we are in, and God showed us in HIS WORD how and what to prepare for. If those who put their trust in their Church system or preacher instead of God directly in HIS WORD, then they won't trust one of His that tells this either.
Hello @Davy,

Yes, I agree that there is only one way to know the Truth, and that it by the means you have stated. i.e., through God's Word. Yet, you have maligned those in this thread who are equally as eager for the word of God as you express yourself to be; because they see things differently to the way that you do. Why? Why are you so malicious towards those who themselves profess to know the Lord Jesus as their Saviour, as you do?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@marksman I do indeed think it's Scriptural for the Gospel to be seen as the rule of the believer's life, rather than politics or the law or anything else. The Gospel indeed needs to shine forth in a darkened world...

Reactions: marksman

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

Yes, I agree that there is only one way to know the Truth, and that it by the means you have stated. i.e., through God's Word. Yet, you have maligned those in this thread who are equally as eager for the word of God as you express yourself to be; because they see things differently to the way that you do. Why? Why are you so malicious towards those who themselves profess to know the Lord Jesus as their Saviour, as you do?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Sorry, but that theory of 'because others see things differently to the way that you do', simply doesn't hold water.

If the believer keeps to God's Word as written, really studying to show their self approved, becoming a workman in The Word like Apostle Paul said, then we all will be saying the same things. And will those same things go against a lot of the religious status quo of the day? You bet it will, just as God's Word full strength was not popular in the days of Christ's Apostles either.

So it is never... about what I say, it's about whether it is God's written Word or not. That's the matter.

And after I have shown what is actually written in God's Word, in more Scriptures than one, and they reject it by simply bypassing it, or going into blame or attempt to discredit mode, or 'because others see things differently...', making excuses to NOT keep to God's Word as written, then that is a revealing by The Holy Spirit of where their head is at, and whether they can be trusted in God's Word, or not.