Civil War Wednesday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well then Jesus would have to explain why he commanded his Apostles to buy a sword.
Or perhaps you fellas need to explain why you believe Jesus intended physical swords when in context He was speaking about the gospel and His impending death. Compare what He was referring back to in Luke 22 where He was quoting Himself from the entire context of Matthew 10:9,10. Note particularly Matthew 10:34. Tell me, and remember this is in the same context of Like 22, is that a literal physical sword Jesus is referring to that was going to create a conflict between daughter and mother? Son and father? Note also that Jesus said, think not that I am come to send peace, but a sword, for I am come to set at variance etc.
Jesus is not here saying that the sword is for maintaining peace and defending yourselves as you are claiming.... He is saying the sword is to divide. Just like Paul said to Timothy... Soul, Spirit, bone, marrow.
In Luke 22:37, Jesus is referring to His death and in context with the other passages such as John 20:21 and Luke 10:3. He is taking about dividing the world with truth as his disciples share the good news of the gospel.
Jesus is not saying take up a physical sword then later warning that one who does such a thing will die from it.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... In Luke 22:37 ...
If you were HONEST, you'd cite the context of verse 35 with 36. But you're not honest with yourself as aptly demonstrated.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

But giving you the "benefit of doubt", -- if verse 36 were the "context", then did the Disciples take a PURSE to bribe the religious who came to arrest HIM? Did Jesus take a BAG so that HE'd have snacks and a pillow while in prison? Or did Judas abscond with his PURSE and BAG along with the 30 pieces of SILVER?!? And if this is your argument, then was Judas so heartless to even deny Jesus HIS BAG???

I STRONGLY suspect your personal beliefs and/or church doctrines have blinded you from the simple TRUTH of Scripture.
Bobby Jo

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but choosing airliners named after and close to United States of America, does mean something. Islam, and terrorism in the name of Islam, is steeped in symbolism and has been throughout history.

People will see meaning where they want to see it.

They picked planes based on their flight paths, not the names of the airlines. United and American were the two biggest airlines in the country at the time, and would have been easiest to find suitable flights on.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you were HONEST, you'd cite the context of verse 35 with 36. But you're not honest with yourself as aptly demonstrated.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

But giving you the "benefit of doubt", -- if verse 36 were the "context", then did the Disciples take a PURSE to bribe the religious who came to arrest HIM? Did Jesus take a BAG so that HE'd have snacks and a pillow while in prison? Or did Judas abscond with his PURSE and BAG along with the 30 pieces of SILVER?!? And if this is your argument, then was Judas so heartless to even deny Jesus HIS BAG???

I STRONGLY suspect your personal beliefs and/or church doctrines have blinded you from the simple TRUTH of Scripture.
Bobby Jo
Or that I'm telling you the truth which you simply cannot ignore.

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite, this forum is like a smorgasbord of conspiracies. I do admit I indulge in the conspiracies more than one should, conspiracies are as addicting as nicotine

It just adds to the already existing stress of my life, of which I have more than enough :) I much prefer to trust the Lord and enjoy every single day to the best of my ability, without constantly ripping out my hair about DER END IS NER!!!

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you drank the cool aid being dosed out by the mainstream media? Trump is acting like all presidents do when they leave office, he's releasing a bunch of criminals from jail because the voting public can no longer harm him over his decisions.
I think it's Kool-Aid. And no, I don't drink it. He should have pardened Assange instead of that small wayne fellow.

Reactions: UnrulyBeauty

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
12:00 has no a.m. or p.m, -- it's either Noon or Midnight.
Being pedantic in a crisis is not how the job gets done. Call it the "Witching Hour" since the witches are bound to be rejoicing at that time. "The New Zealand Oxford Dictionary identifies midnight as the time when witches are supposedly active." The Democrats pleaded with the witches and wizards to put a hex on Trump, but in the end all it took was a major scam.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Bobby Jo

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being pedantic in a crisis is not how the job gets done. Call it the "Witching Hour" since the witches are bound to be rejoicing at that time. "The New Zealand Oxford Dictionary identifies midnight as the time when witches are supposedly active." The Democrats pleaded with the witches and wizards to put a hex on Trump, but in the end all it took was a major scam.
Witches made news when they were said to be working hexes in order to stop Trump's victory in the 2016 election.
2016 witches hexing trump election - Google Search

Today if people want to refer to all the co-conspirator traitors who were involved in the acts of Treason and Sedition Satanic Witches, that's fitting to the truth. As is it applicable to all those who concur with that agenda and its outcome.
They stole a nation and its future for 4 years. And God was watching. Come the judgment, whether they actually believe in God or not, they'll find out if God is real, and if he punishes that most grievous sin. Thou shalt not steal!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They stole a nation and its future for 4 years. And God was watching. Come the judgment, whether they actually believe in God or not, they'll find out if God is real, and if he punishes that most grievous sin. Thou shalt not steal!
That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up. (Micah 7:3)