Clock off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fwiw i'm sure you speak for many here, and the Bible is even replete with prophets who wanted to die, etc. Maybe we could approach it that way. They were obviously in no position to be teaching though, as we might see

I reckon that includes Paul then?

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

I am not talking about suicide, but in dying, I would be with the Lord. Committing suicide would be doing bad to his body which is the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I reckon that includes Paul then?
imo you are misinterpreting Paul, who documents his many, many opportunities to give up the spirit if he had wanted to. You might notice that Paul does not say "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" there, that would violate "I will never leave you," and the point of the passage is "serve God wherever you are right now."
I am not talking about suicide, but in dying, I would be with the Lord
inferring that you are not with the Lord right now, correct?

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
!8 months ago I had no debts, no money in the bank, no work, no income, my wife and I technically homeless, our only asset a ten year old car, and I was happier than I had been for years. In all circumstances I have learned to be content.
So all this proof stuff comes down to who's happier in their beliefs, the person who is more happier and content has the right belief's.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo you are misinterpreting Paul, who documents his many, many opportunities to give up the spirit if he had wanted to. You might notice that Paul does not say "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" there, that would violate "I will never leave you," and the point of the passage is "serve God wherever you are right now."

I am sure those being persecuted and oppressed would prefer the Lord to take them Home. You would too.

AND you are quite argumentative for someone taking my post as a cry for help.

inferring that you are not with the Lord right now, correct?

Is that what Paul is saying too? I am not with the Lord in Heaven now, but He is within me and is with me always.

It does seem as though Jesus is my only true blue Friend on this earth, and being God, He can only be the best one to walk me through this valley of death.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So all this proof stuff comes down to who's happier in their beliefs, the person who is more happier and content has the right belief's.

That doesn't consider the possibility of spiritual warfare that will crop up due to the presence of opposing forces.

Reactions: brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am sure those being persecuted and oppressed would prefer the Lord to take them Home. You would too.

AND you are quite argumentative for someone taking my post as a cry for help.

Is that what Paul is saying too? I am not with the Lord in Heaven now, but He is within me and is with me always.

It does seem as though Jesus is my only true blue Friend on this earth, and being God, He can only be the best one to walk me through this valley of death.
picture if you will those most likely to hear "remember, in your life you had all the good things" moaning about Valleys of Death though. Creating valleys of death maybe, as most Syrians might testify; i mean, how many bombs dropped on your town last night? You hungry? Sleep outside last night? Ever? "Valley of Death" is as often a perception as a truth, i guess. 20Indeed, the bed (you have made) is too short to stretch out on, and its cover too small to wrap up in. See, this perspective is not uncommon; the whole world shares it, ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
meanwhile Paul was on the run from the authorities he used to work for, a wanted man, getting boiled in oil etc
who is after you? Describe this Valley of Death that you are in, if you will

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That doesn't consider the possibility of spiritual warfare that will crop up due to the presence of opposing forces.
Don't you find it a little strange that you have to take it all on faith, that these score's of Angel's & Demon's work in an invisible world beyond our sight.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
picture if you will those most likely to hear "remember, in your life you had all the good things" moaning about Valleys of Death though. Creating valleys of death maybe, as most Syrians might testify; i mean, how many bombs dropped on your town last night? You hungry? Sleep outside last night? Ever? "Valley of Death" is as often a perception as a truth, i guess. 20Indeed, the bed (you have made) is too short to stretch out on, and its cover too small to wrap up in. See, this perspective is not uncommon; the whole world shares it, ok

Some live that dismal existence more than others which is why it is good that Jesus Christ dwells in me to help me walk me through this valley of death.

For any one out there reading this.. there is no denying how dismal life can get, but for believers, Jesus Christ is in us and He can help us through each day when we trust Him at His word. Yes... there are even times that I needed His help and encouragement to trust in Him when all seems hopeless.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

That's getting to know Jesus Christ and the power of His resurrection; that is getting to know Him as my Friend in giving me His peace to face each day regardless of the tribulation I am going through.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Don't you find it a little strange that you have to take it all on faith, that these score's of Angel's & Demon's work in an invisible world beyond our sight.

I think it is cool and mysterious. Then I hear stories from people I know, and its even more amazing than I assume.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meanwhile Paul was on the run from the authorities he used to work for, a wanted man, getting boiled in oil etc
who is after you? Describe this Valley of Death that you are in, if you will

You will not believe it when it is an American nightmare, but it doesn't matter. Maybe one day in Heaven, you will see what the Lord did for me in getting me through this humiliation and isolation created by my enemies. As it is, I am living it and I cannot believe it is happening to me, but Jesus is with me.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You should consider yourself blessed if you had no troubles with the dark forces.

Had to call on Jesus several times when demonic forces came upon me.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

It was scary, but it is hard to prove such things so I'd rather not talk about it. Just know that whenever something scary supernatural starts happening around you or coming at you, just call on Jesus for help for greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

He is still in you even though you are an agnostic.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Reactions: Willie T

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You should consider yourself blessed if you had no troubles with the dark forces.

Had to call on Jesus several times when demonic forces came upon me.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

It was scary, but it is hard to prove such things so I'd rather not talk about it. Just know that whenever something scary supernatural starts happening around you or coming at you, just call on Jesus for help for greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

He is still in you even though you are an agnostic.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
One day no one will follow these ancient beliefs.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
One day no one will follow these ancient beliefs.

I don't think it is a stretch to believe angels exist if you already believe God exists. And one day it may be there is no more faith on the earth, but I will not live to see it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
beliefs are plainly not the standard set out in Scripture anyway; we are cautioned more than once to not even debate "beliefs,"
and to respect others' beliefs. "Beliefs are a pimple on the forehead of understanding"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You will not believe it when it is an American nightmare, but it doesn't matter. Maybe one day in Heaven, you will see what the Lord did for me in getting me through this humiliation and isolation created by my enemies. As it is, I am living it and I cannot believe it is happening to me, but Jesus is with me.
:rolleyes:
you could maybe give us a preview or something, i mean why be coy now? why not be coy in your teaching instead?
your "enemies" help you to reap what you sow, i guess

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think we would all like to hear what you know that makes these ancient beliefs something that no one should follow.
They hold us back as a human race, they tell us that we don't have an innate sense of right or wrong, they condem all our efforts for self learning and understanding, they strip us from our base human integrity, they give us a faulty view of the universe and how it operates, and it hopes for the end of thing's and wishes destruction on us all.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They hold us back as a human race, they tell us that we don't have an innate sense of right or wrong, they condem all our efforts for self learning and understanding, they strip us from our base human integrity, they give us a faulty view of the universe and how it operates, and it hopes for the end of thing's and wishes destruction on us all.
You've never heard of Christian Reconstructionism (Theonomy), have you?